watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Tosin leave Fulham

Started by IloveFFC, April 26, 2024, 06:03:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drewry66

Well gutted purely for the fact that is £20 million of our summer budget gone. I've always been a big fan of Tosin. Great in the air in both boxes and although he makes huge errors sometimes, he's much better at passing the ball forward than Diop. I've always thought Diop is as good a defender however if not slightly better. I suppose if we spend £20 million and get someone as good as Bassey we have upgraded as for me Bassey is at a higher level than Tosin. We then still have a very decent back up in Diop. As I say just really gutted about losing £20 million of our transfer budget as Tosin was good enough to get us into Europe with Bassey if we had kept him and spent really well in other areas. Only caveat from a financials perspective is that by all accounts to keep him we were going to make him one of the highest paid players. That probably meant around the £100k a week mark and paying him the same as the likes of Joao is crazy when you look at their levels. The amortised fee for a new player plus wages will still be more but I'd imagine whoever we bring in will cost a lot less for wages.

As for Tosin madness if you ask me. If we spend well we could be pushing Europe and he'd have a chance of getting in the England team. Way too many mistakes and not good enough under pressure to be starting for any top 6 team if you ask me so doubt we'll be seeing too much of him moving forward which stuffs his international chances. Been a good servant however and I wish him well. I was saying play him whilst we thought we had any chance of keeping him but as others have said Diop should now play the remaining 4 games without any question.

If Southampton go up Taylor Harwood-Bellis? Only 22 and a year left on city deal so could poss pick up for £12 to £15 million. Only prob is not an upgrade at this point but could be in a few years.

demeant0r

Quote from: Eton White on April 26, 2024, 08:04:06 PM
Quote from: demeant0r on April 26, 2024, 07:48:45 PMI've no idea under what basis he thinks he's better than being in a mid-table club. He's had good games for sure, but he's been very sloppy with his passing and has regular-ish lapses in concentration. One bad thing though is he's homegrown so we'll be down one homegrown player.

It could be something to do with him  starting off his career at Man City. He probably always thought he was destined for bigger things. Who knows?

Yeah you're probably right, but that's not a guarantee for a successful career. Look at Hudson-Odoi, a product of Chelsea's academy but now he's fighting for survival at the bottom end of the table.

davew

Quote from: blingo on April 26, 2024, 07:15:33 PMThe grass is always greener comes to mind.
Maybe and maybe not? He was 1 of our best value for singings in recent years in my opinion. Good luck to him and I wish him well.
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

AshfordFFC

as i posted a few weeks ago

Quote from: AshfordFFC on April 14, 2024, 07:00:01 PM5 games to go - safe from relgeaton - please drop tosin!!!  imoh, in the last games that i have watched, he is a walking liability, nearly has, and has lost us goals.    He may be great on occasion, but frequently cocks up and if not signing for next year then play diop instead next to bassey so they get a togertherness!

aside from that, cant fault anyone and a great result. ::thumb::

Thinks he is better then he actually is IMOH and if he wants to leave then so be it.... prep for next season and have DIOP / BASSY starting for the remainder.

alfie

Quote from: Deeping_white on April 26, 2024, 06:45:04 PMUltimately he thinks he's much better than he actually is. We got good value for money signing him for £2m but he's going to go to a club in Europe for a nice signing on bonus and we'll likely never see him playing regular PL football again until he decides to step back to a smaller club, because he's really not that good and his persistent mental lapses hold him back from being capable of regular football for a club bigger and better than us. Best of luck to him but he's going to get splinters if he goes somewhere bigger than FFC. Think we were also bonkers to offer him 100k a week in the first place because there's better value to be had elsewhere too
Well there seems to be a lot of clubs that think he is that good.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Lighthouse

As in most things there are two ways of looking at this. I look at his good performances and wonder what we are going to miss or the fee we could have got for him. Then I remember the less than stellar performances and think. Oh well it is just one of those things. If he wants to move on and clearly it has been his plan all along. Then not much more to discuss.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

perry geyton

BestOfBrede

Marco really should now drop him!
It really will not be a good statement for other players f he continues to play him.

At least the passing to an opponent striker may cease now!!

Eton White

Quote from: BestOfBrede on April 26, 2024, 09:15:06 PMMarco really should now drop him!
It really will not be a good statement for other players f he continues to play him.

At least the passing to an opponent striker may cease now!!

I dunno - Iwobi and Willian are pretty good at that too!

KJS

No great loss really, very overrated and always has a mistake in him

Surlyc

Quote from: alfie on April 26, 2024, 08:55:01 PM
Quote from: Deeping_white on April 26, 2024, 06:45:04 PMUltimately he thinks he's much better than he actually is. We got good value for money signing him for £2m but he's going to go to a club in Europe for a nice signing on bonus and we'll likely never see him playing regular PL football again until he decides to step back to a smaller club, because he's really not that good and his persistent mental lapses hold him back from being capable of regular football for a club bigger and better than us. Best of luck to him but he's going to get splinters if he goes somewhere bigger than FFC. Think we were also bonkers to offer him 100k a week in the first place because there's better value to be had elsewhere too

We'll see when the offers come in. At the moment all I see is his agent trying to link him to every club they can.

Fulham 442

Quote from: Surlyc on April 26, 2024, 10:23:27 PM
Quote from: alfie on April 26, 2024, 08:55:01 PM

We'll see when the offers come in. At the moment all I see is his agent trying to link him to every club they can.
We're not going to see any offers. He's a free agent at the end of the season. I agree with some of the posters on here, he thinks he's better than he is and always has a mental lapse/mistake in him. I'd drop him now personally and play Diop.

Benny

He's been dog shite for ages and shouldn't even been in the starting 11 IMO.

He's not that bigger miss tbh, his body language has said it all for a while and Marco only started playing him once the contract negotiations started.

Not that fussed, if we want to be better next season then we would need an upgrade on him.

Good luck to him but he thinks he better than he is

H4usuallysitting

It'll be interesting if he starts tomorrow

SerbianLad

If true, I wouldn't be surprised if he gets left out of the squad all together for tomorrow, as we need to leave two senior players out of squad when all are fit.

Not a huge miss, I said it many times, but I actually prefer Diop to him anyway. We can get someone to replace Tosin and if he doesn't work out with the new guy, I'm okay with Diop being starting cb next season too. Better passer than Diop but that's about it. Slightly more aerially dominant, but Diop is pretty dominant as well. Diop is much better at defending itself, and while both are quite prone to an unnecessary errors, I feel like Tosin makes them even more often and often seems way too casual, like his mind isn't 100% in the game.

That being said, if this turns out to be fale, I'd be happy as well, as I think Tosin/Diop as rcb options is good enough for PL.

btffc

Confirmed by Rutzler so I think we can consider it done.

Main thing I don't like about Diop is he is very prone to making a clumsy challenge in the box. That said I would probably be comfortable going into next season with him as the starter and buying a younger prospect for the future as a backup.

itombomb

The 'annoying' thing, is that we'll need to invest to replace him, when it would have been great if we had a settled defence for next season and could invest elsewhere in the squad. He is very replaceable, but it will likely cost us a fair bit.

There really is no point in him playing the last few weeks of the season mind.

btffc

Quote from: itombomb on April 26, 2024, 11:42:05 PMThe 'annoying' thing, is that we'll need to invest to replace him, when it would have been great if we had a settled defence for next season and could invest elsewhere in the squad. He is very replaceable, but it will likely cost us a fair bit.

There really is no point in him playing the last few weeks of the season mind.

Yes, this is probably the worst thing about it. Looking likely we will need to get a new LB, RCB and RB which really hamstrings our ability to strengthen the squad and capitalize on a fairly strong position. Maybe we go a loan or two at the fullback positions to free up spending on a winger and a striker.

Willham

The best thing from this is man cities lack of sell on fee.

Nick Bateman

He's made a few errors recently despite being a good defender. Those errors will not be tolerated at his new club and he will be sitting on somebody's bench. I would start trying out our alternatives and demote Tosin. He stopped Muniz's overhead kick in the last match because he wasn't alert.
Nick Bateman "knows his footie"