more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Niko Kranjcar

Started by AlFayedsChequebook, January 27, 2011, 02:50:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AlFayedsChequebook

not a striker, I know, but I would love to see this happen:

http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/football/853899-niko-kranjcar-eyed-by-fulham-after-shaun-wright-phillips-move-collapses?

Niko Kranjcar 'eyed by Fulham after Shaun Wright-Phillips move collapses'
Fulham manager Mark Hughes is rumoured to have switched his attention to signing Niko Kranjcar from north London rivals Tottenham after attempts to bring in Shaun Wright-Phillips fell through.

Hughes was keen to bring in Wright-Phillips on loan but Manchester City's refusal to pay a wage-subsidy has led to Hughes backing out of the deal.
'We've enquired, that is well documented, but it seems that it is becoming more and more difficult and more things are being put in our way to stop us being able to conclude that,' Hughes said.
Kranjcar's future at White Hart Lane has been left to deteriorate and with Steven Pienaar joining the squad, the 26-year-old is now even further down manager Harry Redknapp's pecking order.
Bundesliga side Werder Bremen are understood to have expressed interest in the Croatian, but a move across town to Craven Cottage has also been suggested.
Hughes said any new player would have to add a new dimension to the squad and Kranjcar's ability to fashion something from nothing could be his ticket back to winning Premier League game time.
MORE: Spurs transfer news
'We will look and see what is out there but in fairness we are getting close to the end of the window and anything we get in now we have to be certain it will make a real difference to us,' he said.
'We have a good group here but if there are other players who have different skill sets who might enhance it we would look at it.'
MORE: Fulham transfer news
Kranjcar joined Spurs from Portsmouth in 2009 and has made 29 appearances netting six goals.
Both Paul Konchesky and Kranjcar will be prime targets for Hughes after he secured Chelsea attacker Gael Kakuta on-loan until the end of the season.

Hazey

At clubs with bigger memberships, their supporters only touch their colours, but at FFC we have spirit. Fulham people can touch that spirit - they are the real Cottagers, they are the club

King_Crud

I've been saying we should sign him since the window opened, it's clear he's on the outer at spurs, he's played for lower level clubs, and he lives in London. I reckon he'd be brilliant.

BalDrick

'...has led to Hughes backing out of the deal'

Good. Absolute joke wanting the wages he's after when he's hardly played all season and is a very hot and cold player anyway.

Not interested in Kranjcar, we've got enough in midfield, we need a striker and possibly a left back.
Cigarettes and women be the death of me, better that than this old town

MisfitKid

No thanks.
Striker please.  :dead horse:
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most...

manxman

this would be class signing - only 26, clearly top quality, can ban a few in and create lots - whats not to want ? :047:

but then again i'd rather a striker..
"What in the hell is diversity?"
"Well, I could be wrong, but I believe diversity is an old, old wooden ship that was used during the Civil War era."

cebu

Kranjcar in, Riise out would be OK. I agree with all the others who said "as long as we still get a striker".

King_Crud

use Kranjcar on the left and make Dempsey into a proper striker?

SmithyFFC

Too slow, we need some pace, no thanks  :046:
FTID

LRCN

we have loads of similar players already, as much as i like him we dont need him.

Lighthouse

Very classy and comfortable on the ball. But where does he fit in? However he would be a great addition and our squad would only be improved if Gera were to leave or hopefully Riise.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: Lighthouse on January 27, 2011, 04:45:00 PM
Very classy and comfortable on the ball. But where does he fit in? However he would be a great addition and our squad would only be improved if Gera were to leave or hopefully Riise.

He fits in in a five man midfield!

sipwell

Curb your enthousiasm, AFChequeBook... the oldies on this site are critical, if not grumpy  :005:

on topic: I don't know enough of the player to make a judgement
No forum is complete without a silly Belgian participating!

os5889

The problem with all these wonderful players we are linked with is that once they join a "big" club their wages get yoinked up and they then will be happier to sit on a big juicy contract until they can walk on a Bosman and demand another juicy contract justified by no transfer fee and their last deal.
Can only see this happening as a subsidises loan to be honest

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: sipwell on January 27, 2011, 04:53:25 PM
Curb your enthousiasm, AFChequeBook... the oldies on this site are critical, if not grumpy  :005:

on topic: I don't know enough of the player to make a judgement

Good replacement for Murphy IMO, should go after him in the summer.

ffc96

I think Niko Kranjcar would be an outstanding addition to the squad, however, I don't think we should use him as a winger.  I think he has the tools to be that attack minded central midfielder who can dribble right down the throat of the opposing defense and cause fits.  The type of player I feel Fulham has been missing for as long as I've been following.   I've actually been an admirer of his ever since he scored that cracker against us while on pompey.  Not sure about his wages, though.

os5889

Quote from: ffc96 on January 27, 2011, 10:15:43 PM
I think Niko Kranjcar would be an outstanding addition to the squad, however, I don't think we should use him as a winger.  I think he has the tools to be that attack minded central midfielder who can dribble right down the throat of the opposing defense and cause fits.  The type of player I feel Fulham has been missing for as long as I've been following.   I've actually been an admirer of his ever since he scored that cracker against us while on pompey.  Not sure about his wages, though.

I think you  make the key point of his attacking qualities and agree with the wages, that would be the issue!

Welcome aboard by the way!

OldBrownShoe

On behalf of the oldies on this site Very yes please!

Striker too PLEASE.
Johny's in the basement
Mixing up the medicine
I'm on the pavement
Thinking about the government
The man in the trench coat
Badge out, laid off
Says he's got a bad cough
Wants to get it paid off
Look out kid
It's somethin' you did
God knows when
But you're doin' it again
l

Mr Fulham

Werder Bremen general manager Klaus Allofs: "We tried to sign him [Kranjcar], many parties wanted to bring him in; but Tottenham don't want to risk their good position  in the league and the Champions League."

0%.

Furthermore, leading german press agency dpa reports that Fulham are interested in Paolo Guerrero (loan).

I really hope he doesn't sign - an awful human being. :035:

Brede Butter Pudding

Quote from: Mr Fulham on January 27, 2011, 10:34:00 PM
Werder Bremen general manager Klaus Allofs: "We tried to sign him [Kranjcar], many parties wanted to bring him in; but Tottenham don't want to risk their good position  in the league and the Champions League."

0%.

Furthermore, leading german press agency dpa reports that Fulham are interested in Paolo Guerrero (loan).

I really hope he doesn't sign - an awful human being. :035:

Got a great goals record though... If anyone can settle a player it's Sparky, I personally wouldn't mind seeing him here.