watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Sidwell's Elbow

Started by DukeTyrion, February 02, 2011, 08:58:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DukeTyrion

I hope it's just co-incidence but Sidwell does like to flail his arms a bit when he goes up for the ball. Both against Spurs and Newcastle he has left a player on the floor from his aerial challenge. What worries me is this is the kind of challenge that either get's ignored, or get's the straight red card.

It's probably just me being paranoid, but I hope he doesn't intend to make it a regular event.

manxman

yeah ive noticed this, he is treading on thin ice if he keeps this up. He has made a few rash challenges he has gotten away with/or near miss challenges, just hope this gets cracked down upon and he stops it.
"What in the hell is diversity?"
"Well, I could be wrong, but I believe diversity is an old, old wooden ship that was used during the Civil War era."

Lighthouse

Amoebi they think has a broken cheekbone
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

sipwell

I was thinking the same and was planning to include that in my reply to HatterDon's excellent thread of tomorrow (hint hint). He has done it every game so far...
No forum is complete without a silly Belgian participating!

AlFayedsChequebook

I dont think he is a dirty player, but I am amazed that he did not get a yellow at some point tonight

Me-ate-Live, innit??

Behave .!!!!!....................our team has needed some elbow grease for some time,

Christ !! he (Sidders)  needed something to show for his evenings ............because his passing was a show ( and not in a good way)  ..............................

HatterDon

Quote from: sipwell on February 02, 2011, 09:25:20 PM
I was thinking the same and was planning to include that in my reply to HatterDon's excellent thread of tomorrow (hint hint). He has done it every game so far...

tomorrow? What a silly Belgian you are, sir!
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

JBH

I like the fact that he gets stuck in!

DukeTyrion

Quote from: JBH on February 03, 2011, 06:23:50 AM

There's getting stuck in Simon Morgan style and there's getting stuck in Michael Brown style. I would like more of the first and less of the second ideally.

cebu

Quote from: DukeTyrion on February 03, 2011, 09:52:43 AM
Quote from: JBH on February 03, 2011, 06:23:50 AM

There's getting stuck in Simon Morgan style and there's getting stuck in Michael Brown style. I would like more of the first and less of the second ideally.

+1

I couldn't agree more (I always found Brown to be an embarrassment and was glad when he left.)

The Bronsons

I'd make a comment about red hair and temper but won't in case I get banned.

Burt

I agree it is good to have some bite. But not cynical, violent, pre-meditated, etc. I am sure that Mr Sidwell will remember that he is playing for Fulham, not a Stoke or a Wolves...

leonffc

Yeah, there is a bit of 'Clint Dempsey' about him when he jumps although the Ameobi incident was an accident. Both their arms were up a as result of them using their arms for 'lift' when springing

finnster01

Quote from: The Bronsons on February 03, 2011, 12:29:44 PM
I'd make a comment about red hair and temper but won't in case I get banned.
And I won't post my award winning essay on the correlation and similarity between Sidwell and Billy Bremner for similar reasons.  :dft012:
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead