Main Menu

Spurs Failed In Last Minute Dembele Bid

Started by White Noise, February 05, 2011, 11:03:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

White Noise

Spurs failed with last ditch Dembele bid

Published 23:00 05/02/11

By MirrorFootball

Tottenham had a transfer deadline day bid for Fulham's Mousa Dembele rejected.

An extra striker was one of the club's priorities as they anticipated losing Robbie Keane and wanted an extra body to challenge Jermain Defoe, Peter Crouch and Roman Pavlyuchenko.

They had Giuseppe Rossi in their sights but could not tie up a £35million deal with Villarreal.

Tottenham boss Harry Redknapp turned his attention to Dembele, 23, signed by Mark Hughes for £5m in August.

Read more: http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Transfer-News-Tottenham-failed-with-a-last-minute-bid-for-Fulham-s-Mousa-Dembele-article691903.html#ixzz1D81V45oy

Fernhurst

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: Fernhurst on February 05, 2011, 11:13:20 PM
*ISS OFF ARRY  :handbags:
A big tom plus 1. Feck off Harry you twitching grrrrrrrr.

White Noise

http://www.people.co.uk/sport/football/football-hotline/2011/02/06/moussa-dembele-s-ful-stop-on-deadline-day-move-to-tottenham-102039-22901628/

Moussa Dembele's Ful stop on deadline day move to Tottenham

Feb 6 2011

by Dean Jones, The People

TOTTENHAM had a transfer deadline day bid for Fulham's Mousa Dembele rejected.

An extra striker was one of the club's priorities as they anticipated losing Robbie Keane and wanted an extra body to challenge Jermain Defoe, Peter Crouch and Roman Pavlyuchenko.

They had Giuseppe Rossi in their sights but could not tie up a £35million deal with Villarreal.

Tottenham boss Harry Redknapp turned his attention to Dembele, 23, signed by Mark Hughes for £5m in August.

He tore Spurs apart in the Cottagers' 4-0 FA Cup win but the north London club were told there was no chance of a deal.

Tottenham also failed with bids for Everton defender Phil Neville and Blackpool's Charlie Adam.

Me-ate-Live, innit??

Putting this out in the public domain confirms,  he and Spurts are sad,  losing bastards 
and I hope the win feck all this season

cebu

Quote from: KCat on February 06, 2011, 11:25:38 AM
Putting this out in the public domain confirms,  he and Spurts are sad,  losing bastards 

There's a really good chance your wish will be granted.   :yay:

Rambling_Syd_Rumpo

does everybody hate Spurs as much as me?? :014: :014: :014:

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: Rambling_Syd_Rumpo on February 06, 2011, 01:14:53 PM
does everybody hate Spurs as much as me?? :014: :014: :014:
No Wadey loves em. Saying that where is the wee fella haven't seen him on here for a while?

FFCSteve

Quote from: KCat on February 06, 2011, 11:25:38 AM
Putting this out in the public domain confirms,  he and Spurts are sad,  losing bastards  

Their only realistic hope of silverware was the FA cup! That makes our win over them all the sweeter for me!

We are going to have alot of worry in the off season... with clubs after Dembele, Dempsey, Stockers, Zamora, Hangeland, & anyone else who looks half decent!

Contracts as they stand are useless. What can be done to safeguard clubs from poachers?
COYW!!! Bring back Rene! But I do like Slav!

Me-ate-Live, innit??

Nahhh!!!! we will be ok  because Sparky will not returns the call ....................and Stoke will not be calling  :yay:

MJG

Harry tries to unsettle player shock.
Two words.......love Off.

Tom

Thankfully we told Arry to feck off and suck a fat donkey d!ck.
Fulham for life!

McBridefan1

now tommy? is the donkey fat or the d!ck itself???  :dead horse: I know I shouldn't beat this dead donkey but I just had to know.

Tom

Quote from: McBridefan1 on February 06, 2011, 04:44:13 PM
now tommy? is the donkey fat or the d!ck itself???  :dead horse: I know I shouldn't beat this dead donkey but I just had to know.
For Arry, it's a normal size donkey with a fat d!ck.
Fulham for life!

Matt

If there's something I really like about Marky Hughes it is that he has the guts to tell the bigger clubs to f'ck off! As much as I loved Roy he didn't do that.
Oh you lucky people, we're the best team in the land!

sipwell

I would say: sell him for 157 million pound. Final offer.
No forum is complete without a silly Belgian participating!

Matt

Quote from: sipwell on February 06, 2011, 09:31:52 PM
I would say: sell him for 157 million pound. Final offer.

+1. For me that's the sum when we could perhaps consider to let him go.
Oh you lucky people, we're the best team in the land!

Tom

Quote from: Matt The Swede on February 06, 2011, 09:27:40 PM
If there's something I really like about Marky Hughes it is that he has the guts to tell the bigger clubs to f'ck off! As much as I loved Roy he didn't do that.
That's what im talking about Matt!  :54:
Fulham for life!

MJG

Quote from: Tom on February 06, 2011, 10:38:56 PM
Quote from: Matt The Swede on February 06, 2011, 09:27:40 PM
That's what im talking about Matt!  :54:

Ok I'll ask...apart from smalling (who at a possible £12M who could say no) who did Roy fail to keep who was key to the team?