watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Leave Kit in charge until Christmas / January

Started by SouthWest6, October 22, 2014, 12:04:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SouthWest6

No need to rush the appointment, the other 2 candidates are no better anyway, hopefully Houghton goes to Brum, and Clarke just disappears. I think Kit is doing an OK job, still think he has a lot to learn, plus we're going to need someone with buying power in January to replace the experience we've lost. After tonight, it's clear as a bell that Magath was allowed to get rid of to much experience, and hoard far to many youth / fringe players, which in this division like this is impossible, especially when the games come as quick as they do.

If it was me, I'd leave Kit in temporary charge until Christmas / January, assess the situation then, and if we're on 24 odd points, consider giving him the full time position. If not, then someone else may be available by then.

I know this sounds horrible, but this is Kahn's investment, and will he want us bouncing around the Championship for a couple of seasons, why we try and test another manager? For me, he'll want to stabilize this, and push for promotion next.

K33NY

How do we know Kit wont get some buying power? For what we know if he gets the permanen job he might get so or an Director of football to help him with this, and/or maybe bring in some of hes own coaching staff. We cant know unless he gets permanent job

Barrett487

I sort of agree, however what sort of signal does that send to Kit? He's improved morale and the points are totting up, so i think he's justified in wanting something permanent. I too have reservations about his experience and attacking strategies, but you can't ignore the results. I think Khan should offer Kit a short contract with options to extend.

I'm also sure that Khan is aware of supporter opinion, so it's likely he will appoint Kit to carry on the positive momentum.

fulhamben

i cant see khan giving it too kit on a temp basis. would look a bit silly to bring in a five man panel just to extend the tenure of your caretaker for a few months. we (fulham) either have to back kit to the hilt or replace him soon. no more half measures
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Woolly Mammoth

If a new manager had come in instead of Kit, and turned things round and got the results Kit has. People would be saying, what a great appointment, so what's the difference. Kit should be crowned King of the Cottage. This uncertainty is not doing anyone any good at all.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

fulhamben

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on October 22, 2014, 02:58:27 AM
If a new manager had come in instead of Kit, and turned things round and got the results Kit has. People would be saying, what a great appointment, so what's the difference. Kit should be crowned King of the Cottage. This uncertainty is not doing anyone any good at all.
unless of course, kit has been told to get so many points from certain games to get the job

absent cottager

This statement is Spot on, why are some fans seemingly thinking the grass is greener...

Pie and mash

Need to give it to him til the end of the season at least. I'd say the end of next season, he's hardly going to be on a massive wage so won't be the end of the World if he has to go at the end of this season.

Think Charlton will be win or bust for his chances, can't see it dragging out longer than that.

MasterHaynes

It would be good to get an appointment soon, not sure I can take another Kit 'advert' at every press conference. I know he's responding to questions but it is becoming a bit relentless now.
We know Kit wants the job and he is doing his best to get results to back up his application, that it's right we appoint the right man etc,etc, but it's starting to wear me down. I just want to read and here about the team's performance which tends to be ignored by the press, just look at the BBC match report Managers comments piece.

MJG

100% spot on. If this had been Pulis, Clarke, Hughton some would want that man on a long term contract

TonyGilroy

The way things are going right now it would be massively destabilising to appoint anyone other than Kit.

The results are good, the attitude of the players exceptional, the team is being set up efficiently and intelligently. What else are we looking for?

Buying power depends on Khan. The manager may identify targets but he doesn't negotiate contracts. He may sometimes have some personal pull but most players will move if they feel it's in their best interests to do so and money will be a very big part of that.

And do we need to bring anyone in? Unbelievably we have a dozen or so young players in and around the first team all doing well and with every likelihood of them improving.

I think we should appoint Kit now and sit back and enjoy some progress.

btings

Quote from: TonyGilroy on October 22, 2014, 08:13:42 AM
The way things are going right now it would be massively destabilising to appoint anyone other than Kit.

The results are good, the attitude of the players exceptional, the team is being set up efficiently and intelligently. What else are we looking for?

Buying power depends on Khan. The manager may identify targets but he doesn't negotiate contracts. He may sometimes have some personal pull but most players will move if they feel it's in their best interests to do so and money will be a very big part of that.

And do we need to bring anyone in? Unbelievably we have a dozen or so young players in and around the first team all doing well and with every likelihood of them improving.

Agree with all of this.

The Enclosurite

I'm sure Kit has plans in his head that he would like to implement.  These will most likely only be able to take shape though once he  given the job on permanent basis and is given the power to get the ball rolling.

Hopefully all will be decided either way after friday's game is out of the way.
¡COYW!

shnlwswlkr

Ridiculous idea. Everyone gets used to Kit only to then have more upheaval and change come January.

The team is fighting, playing for each other and for the badge. I haven't seen a Fulham team do this for about 2 years. When was the last time we went behind 3 times and came back every time? I can't see anyone else who could be the right man, anyone who would come here and could improve on Kit. He is a Fulham man through and through, he has got the club back to where it was, as close to it was when Roy was here. Kit deserves a chance more than anybody else to have the job permanently. To string him on longer and longer, to even suggest stringing him on until Christmas/January would only do damage and I would completely understand if he decided to walk away in those circumstances.
Twitter - @shnlwswlkr

Holders

I think that a win on Friday would probably clinch it for him.

As to the need for acquisitions, it's plain to see that he's playing all the experienced players from last year that he has been left with. He may well therefore wish to bring in a limited number of experienced players to augment what he sees as key areas of weakness.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

SouthWest6

Quote from: shnlwswlkr on October 22, 2014, 09:14:38 AM
Ridiculous idea. Everyone gets used to Kit only to then have more upheaval and change come January.

The team is fighting, playing for each other and for the badge. I haven't seen a Fulham team do this for about 2 years. When was the last time we went behind 3 times and came back every time? I can't see anyone else who could be the right man, anyone who would come here and could improve on Kit. He is a Fulham man through and through, he has got the club back to where it was, as close to it was when Roy was here. Kit deserves a chance more than anybody else to have the job permanently. To string him on longer and longer, to even suggest stringing him on until Christmas/January would only do damage and I would completely understand if he decided to walk away in those circumstances.

Why is it a ridiculous idea? We're ticking along, everyone is used to Kit already for being around the club for 10 years, and we're in no desperate need to appoint. If Kit is the man, then the team will continue to fight, play for each other up until the Christmas / January period. If he's still doing the biz, then fair enough, give him the job on a full time basis and a contract to match, if he isn't, and a better candidate is available, we have options.

Yes he is a Fulham man through and through, so was Lee Clarke apparently, but look at him now. Club favorites or coaches don't necessarily make good managers, and can we afford to get this appointment wrong again? No.

The last thing I want for FFC is to do is appoint purely down to favoritism, or fan pressure. I'd rather the Club take time to assess the situation, and appoint for the best of the Club moving forward, and that means a swift return to the promised land, not another 2 or 3 seasons bouncing around the Championship with and average manager.

Now before everyone tares my head off for saying Kit's average, at this point in time he is, and I'd rather he'd be assessed for a little while longer yet before he's given the job. It's not called stringing him along, it's called being sensible.     

Tony

Quote from: TonyGilroy on October 22, 2014, 08:13:42 AM

I 100% agree with that. But I guess, having appointed the panel of 5, that panel needs to show they have done their research, have evaluated all the options in detail, and are prepared to stand by their recommendation.
As the weeks have gone by, Kit has shown he can do the job, and I think it would be a brave decision not to appoint him. Do you know if the panel has a deadline? Surely they must have been instructed to come to a recommendation within a reasonable timeframe, you can't let it drag on for week after week after week.
But if Kit can continue to get results, it would make it more likely to that he gets the job. So lets keep our fingers crossed that the results are good, and that the panel would have to conclude that he is the best person.

NJFulham

I'd venture a guess and say Khan isn't convinced yet.

epsomraver

Quote from: fulhamben on October 22, 2014, 03:36:11 AM
unless of course, kit has been told to get so many points from certain games to get the job
[/b]

Now that has to be the daftest statement yet

fulhamben

Quote from: epsomraver on October 22, 2014, 12:33:23 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on October 22, 2014, 03:36:11 AM
[/b]

Now that has to be the daftest statement yet
really, so giving kit the caretaker job and saying win 12 out of 18 points iand the job is yours is daft? better than giving the job to the failure that is known as hughton, on the back of an interview where he spurts out some unatainable vision for the future of the club