watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Homophobic abuse by Fulham fans yesterday

Started by Brawn, November 27, 2016, 07:09:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brawn

Disgraceful. Whilst I don't wish to repeat what was sung and shouted, it's an absolute disgrace to our club that some of our fans believe that all LGBT+ people support Brighton and vice versa.

I was able to identify certain individuals yesterday, and the police were informed. I won't go into any more detail on these individuals.

Absolute disgrace, quite frankly. I don't care if we end up with away attendances of one man and his dog, as long as these people are evicted and banned.  096.gig

Twig

Quote from: Brawn on November 27, 2016, 07:09:52 AM
Disgraceful. Whilst I don't wish to repeat what was sung and shouted, it's an absolute disgrace to our club that some of our fans believe that all LGBT+ people support Brighton and vice versa.

I was able to identify certain individuals yesterday, and the police were informed. I won't go into any more detail on these individuals.

Absolute disgrace, quite frankly. I don't care if we end up with away attendances of one man and his dog, as long as these people are evicted and banned.  096.gig

:plus one:  I don't live in UK so rarely get to attend matches but I detest this sort of bigotry.  Chants that highlight genuine rivalry or are funny are great but homophobic, racist etc. chanting is a disgrace.

PokerMatt

Heard this from behind me quite early in the first half. Well done for identifying them, I was glad to hear no one outside the little group of drunken idiots joining in.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Follow me: @mattdjourno

Peabody

Quote from: Statto on November 27, 2016, 10:07:21 AM
Are we still allowed to cheer when we score or does that offend people as well?

Your not really defending the bigots, are you?

kevin

I thought our genuine fans were a little more educated than resorting to homophobic chants !!!!

win-dup

I always thought that LGBT was some sort of sandwich comprised of  Lettuce, Granola, Bacon and Tomato?

PokerMatt

Quote from: Peabody on November 27, 2016, 10:09:35 AM
Quote from: Statto on November 27, 2016, 10:07:21 AM
Are we still allowed to cheer when we score or does that offend people as well?

Your not really defending the bigots, are you?
Looks like it from where I'm sitting.

Astonishing.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Follow me: @mattdjourno

Berserker

I am going to right to the club about it as yesterday the players wore rainbow laces to try to stop abuse of LGBT people in football.  There were all sorts of disgusting signs being done by me

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Burt

Wakey wakey people, it's the 21st Century, the intolerant 60s and 70s are long behind us. Move on, grow up, and respect the fact that people are allowed to be different.

f321ffc

Quote from: Berserker on November 27, 2016, 10:25:35 AM
I am going to right to the club about it as yesterday the players wore rainbow laces to try to stop abuse of LGBT people in football.  There were all sorts of disgusting signs being done by me

"There were all sorts of disgusting signs being done by me"
Please tell,  what sort of signs were you doing? 064.gif
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

Berserker

Sorry meant to say by people I could see from where I was stood. I wasn't doing anything disgusting myself

Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Lighthouse

People swear at football matches too. It is what has always gone on. Eventually the insults will be turned on another minority once the LGBT community becomes more accepted. It happened and happens with women and fat people and black and coloured people and people with long hair. Brighton has a large Gay community it happens there.

Humans go around in tribes. It is natural for them to turn against each other. Sad but natural. As for us being less intolerant than back in the day. I think we need to look at the rise of political extremes as main stream to realise that we just transfer our prejudices from gang to another.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

SP

My son showed me the 'Millwall Granny' clip, I honestly thought it was some sort of twisted windup.  Nothing surprises me these days.

Brawn

Quote from: Berserker on November 27, 2016, 10:25:35 AM

Suggest you also contact the police. The more people that report it, the more they'll notice.

Twig

Quote from: Lighthouse on November 27, 2016, 11:05:43 AM
People swear at football matches too. It is what has always gone on. Eventually the insults will be turned on another minority once the LGBT community becomes more accepted. It happened and happens with women and fat people and black and coloured people and people with long hair. Brighton has a large Gay community it happens there.

Humans go around in tribes. It is natural for them to turn against each other. Sad but natural. As for us being less intolerant than back in the day. I think we need to look at the rise of political extremes as main stream to realise that we just transfer our prejudices from gang to another.

Natural or not right thinking people have to stand up and condemn it in no uncertain terms.

ScalleysDad

It will be a real shame if this type of issue becomes, well an issue, for a Club that is famed for being just a little bit 'out there'. Doubtless it will be a small group and they will think they are the dogs wotsits this morning but really guys. In 2016 if that's the best they can come up then it is they themselves who have all the problems.
With luck, a fair wind and good timing I will be joining Mrs B next week in H3. If I hear it heads will banged together and a proper fuss made I assure you. We are so much better than this drivel.

thebumponleroyshead

I remember holding up a banner at half time at the last Brighton Fulham game at the goldstone during halftime with my mum. It read Keep Brighton in Hove actually, it got applause from all four sides of the ground as the stewards let us hold it up betweeen the sideline and advertising hoardings. We're not all bigots, a lot of Fulham fans have compassion.
Oh You Lucky People We're the Best Team in The Land

Max Headroom

You will always get a minority who will behave like this. There is a tribe mentality with some away fans. I have noticed it with the youngsters trying to impress their mates or elders by what they say and do.

Homophobic bigotry must be stamped out. Barr them and show it's not acceptable. Bring on the day when the first of the many gay footballers can come out before the end of their careers

Plodder

I think that the club (and all football clubs) have more influence than the police over this.  It will be difficult for the police to identify those involved and gather suffcient evidence; and even if they do, only a few individuals will be banned.  If the club puts out a strong condemnation prominently both on its website and in the next programme, and emails everyone on the club mailing list, and promises to issue a lifetime ban against anyone chanting remarks of this kind, that might make some of these people think again.

fcfulham55

Agree but. I think people are too sensitive these days.

Sent from my Nokia 3310