Main Menu

The Official FOF Silly Season Summer Transfer Thread 2017-18

Started by Friendsoffulham, May 06, 2017, 11:58:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

@jolslover

Quote from: Tonywa on May 28, 2017, 10:08:50 PM
Quote from: @jolslover on May 28, 2017, 09:02:23 PM
Quote from: SuperFulham323 on May 28, 2017, 08:34:55 PM
Ashkan dejagah's contract runs out this June i think, if his wages weren't too high I would definitely take him on a free

Injury prone. But top player. Rated him very highly. Would be great in champ. He still cares about Fulham aswell, Always see him talking about us on Instagram/Snapchat.

If were talking ex players. I'd have Kasami and Holtby back aswell. Feel Holtby would do great in Johansen/Cairneys roll but is probably unrealistic. Kasami on the other hand is looking for another club after an unsuccessful spell at Forest and I would have him back to add some competition for the midfield 3.

Would take those three in a heartbeat though I think Holtby is probably unlikely.  Always liked Kasami and feel he would be a good back-up for Johansen in particular, though perhaps he would be using a position in the squad which could be taken by LVC.  As for Dejagah, if he has retained his pace I think he could be a sensation in the championship in this team.   We can dream and of course all these were at the Cottage before Slav's time.

Agree agree
STH H3

Asotosyios

Bristol, Wolverhampton, and Fulham all interested in same player, offer now awaited

Bristol City, Wolves, and Fulham are all interested in the same Ligue 1 player, report L'Equipe in their Monday edition. The French newspaper are taking a look at Angers' potential transfer business, and claim interest from the Championship clubs in Famara Diedhiou.

The 24 year old is a striker, which would make Fulham claims seem very likely, given the club spent January trying to sign most strikers in Europe. Wolves and Bristol have also been linked with moves for forwards, but Fulham's January attempts are almost the stuff of legend.

The Senegalese striker notched up 8 goals for Angers last season, and added a solitary assist. He signed for Angers last summer, and has a contract until June 2020, which will impact upon any transfer fee.

L'Equipe say everything depends on interest in the player, and Angers, with their season now over, are awaiting possible offers for Diedhiou and others. There's no suggestion that a move to Bristol, Wolves, or Fulham is imminent, but they're the only clubs credited with interest.

http://sportwitness.co.uk/bristol-wolverhampton-fulham-interested-player-offer-now-awaited/

grandad

Quote from: @jolslover on May 29, 2017, 09:55:28 AM
Ashkan dejagah's contract runs out this June i think, if his wages weren't too high I would definitely take him on a free

Injury prone. But top player. Rated him very highly. Would be great in champ. He still cares about Fulham aswell, Always see him talking about us on Instagram/Snapchat.

If were talking ex players. I'd have Kasami and Holtby back aswell. Feel Holtby would do great in Johansen/Cairneys roll but is probably unrealistic. Kasami on the other hand is looking for another club after an unsuccessful spell at Forest and I would have him back to add some competition for the midfield 3.

Would take those three in a heartbeat though I think Holtby is probably unlikely.  Always liked Kasami and feel he would be a good back-up for Johansen in particular, though perhaps he would be using a position in the squad which could be taken by LVC.  As for Dejagah, if he has retained his pace I think he could be a sensation in the championship in this team.   We can dream and of course all these were at the Cottage before Slav's time.

Agree agree
Disagree, disagree, disagree. We are looking to improve not go backwards. AD is injury prone, Holtby is hot & cold & didn´t want to sign for us after his loan. Kasami was a one goal wonder & did not do much for Forest.
Where there's a will there's a wife

twang

Quote from: Asotosyios on May 29, 2017, 12:13:45 PM
Bristol, Wolverhampton, and Fulham all interested in same player, offer now awaited

Bristol City, Wolves, and Fulham are all interested in the same Ligue 1 player, report L'Equipe in their Monday edition. The French newspaper are taking a look at Angers' potential transfer business, and claim interest from the Championship clubs in Famara Diedhiou.

The 24 year old is a striker, which would make Fulham claims seem very likely, given the club spent January trying to sign most strikers in Europe. Wolves and Bristol have also been linked with moves for forwards, but Fulham's January attempts are almost the stuff of legend.

The Senegalese striker notched up 8 goals for Angers last season, and added a solitary assist. He signed for Angers last summer, and has a contract until June 2020, which will impact upon any transfer fee.

L'Equipe say everything depends on interest in the player, and Angers, with their season now over, are awaiting possible offers for Diedhiou and others. There's no suggestion that a move to Bristol, Wolves, or Fulham is imminent, but they're the only clubs credited with interest.

http://sportwitness.co.uk/bristol-wolverhampton-fulham-interested-player-offer-now-awaited/

Big and strong. A decent return in Ligue 1 this season and top scorer in Ligue 2 by a mile the season before. Hopefully there's some truth in this rumour.

@jolslover

Quote from: grandad on May 29, 2017, 12:24:22 PM
Quote from: @jolslover on May 29, 2017, 09:55:28 AM

Agree agree
Disagree, disagree, disagree. We are looking to improve not go backwards. AD is injury prone, Holtby is hot & cold & didn´t want to sign for us after his loan. Kasami was a one goal wonder & did not do much for Forest.

I think the best way to get good value signing championship players is if you sign players off the back of bad seasons. Aluko, Johansen, Malone,Piazon all had bad seasons before joining us. Mcdonald spent the second half of the season on the bench after a fall out with Jackett and even Fredericks was mostly used as a substitute at Boro before joining us.
STH H3

Mince n Tatties

Millwall and Sheff Utd have joined race for Southends
Ryan Leonard.

WhiteJC

WhiteJC

Should Fulham turn to Birmingham City striker Lukas Jutkiewicz after Chris Martin's return to Derby County?

Fulham will need to replace the Derby County striker this summer.

Fulham are already a man down in their quest for Championship promotion next season, with Chris Martin returning to Derby County after their recent near miss.

The Scotland international signed a new deal with his parent club in January, which suggests he won't be returning to Craven Cottage.

So to whom should Slavisa Jokanovic turn instead of Martin, who scored 10 goals and made another three in the league this past campaign?

Birmingham City's Lukas Jutkiewicz could be an option...

Why him?

Birmingham City striker Lukas Jutkiewicz

He's a player who very much fits the Martin-target-man mould, not to mention one who outscored and assisted his Fulham counterpart - by one and one respectively - in a far worse side. His solitary strike was enough to down the Cottagers at St Andrew's in February.

Would Birmingham sell him?
Jutkiewicz only moved to Blues permanently in January, signing a three-and-a-half-year deal in the Second City. That was, however, under a different manager - who had himself replaced the man who loaned the striker initially - and Harry Redknapp may have different players in mind [*cough* Peter Crouch].

So could Fulham get him?
Although his sale is perhaps unlikely at this stage, there are bound to be plenty of suitors should Jutkiewicz become available. Derby are said to have been sniffing in January, however with Martin back and a new man in charge, the Rams may have moved on - even if that man is Gary Rowett, the 28-year-old's first Birmingham boss. Fulham, though, will be an attractive proposition after the season they've had, and have as a good a chance as any.

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2017/05/28/should-fulham-turn-to-birmingham-city-striker-lukas-jutkiewicz-a/

Mince n Tatties

St. Andrews White

Dear God not jutkiwitz

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

The Intertoto might not exist anymore, but that doesn't matter. We'll still win it again.

Apprentice to the Maestro

I presume that these posts on hitc and the like are just amateur bloggers with no real sources of information just writing as a vanity project.

Their choices for targets are either unrealistic, obvious or, most often, plain dire. They seem best ignored.

Barrett487

http://www.fulhamweb.co.uk/news/bettinelli-linked-to-bristol-city-move.aspx

BETTINELLI LINKED TO BRISTOL CITY MOVE

Bristol City are interested in signing Fulham keeper Marcus Bettinelli ahead of the new Championship season.

The 25-year-old had been back-up to David Button since his arrival from Brentford in the summer but regained his place in April as Fulham defeated Ipswich Town 3-1.

He then started the remaining games as Fulham got to the Championship Play-off semi final, one they lost to Reading 2-1 on aggregate.

Bettinelli, who is a fan's favourite at Fulham, would like to stay at his childhood club, but exclusively told GetWestLondon after the Reading defeat that he needed to be playing regularly as he celebrated his 25th birthday .

And it is believed that Bristol are monitoring the keeper, with goalkeeping coach David Coles watching the Play-off defeat from the stands, wit the club contemplating making an offer for the 25-year-old as they look to strengthen their goalkeeping department.

cmg

So, that's Betts on his way, eh?
Let's have a recap....
Come August 5 it seems we'll have....Marek Rodak (if he gets back from the Euro u21s), Malone, KMac (can't believe nobody is 'preparing a swoop', or at least 'monitoring' him), Sone and....I'm polishing my boots - at least we'll have someone to take the penalties.

@jolslover

Quote from: Barrett487 on May 30, 2017, 03:43:31 PM

Bristol City are interested in signing Fulham keeper Marcus Bettinelli ahead of the new Championship season.

The 25-year-old had been back-up to David Button since his arrival from Brentford in the summer but regained his place in April as Fulham defeated Ipswich Town 3-1.

He then started the remaining games as Fulham got to the Championship Play-off semi final, one they lost to Reading 2-1 on aggregate.

Bettinelli, who is a fan's favourite at Fulham, would like to stay at his childhood club, but exclusively told GetWestLondon after the Reading defeat that he needed to be playing regularly as he celebrated his 25th birthday .

And it is believed that Bristol are monitoring the keeper, with goalkeeping coach David Coles watching the Play-off defeat from the stands, wit the club contemplating making an offer for the 25-year-old as they look to strengthen their goalkeeping department.

Guess if Bettinelli left it could suggest were looking to bring in someone better.
STH H3

Apprentice to the Maestro

He says, exclusively to this source, that he wants to be playing regularly. Fair enough.

Also it reports that he has been playing regularly since April.

And that a goalkeeping coach watched one match from the stand.

So that's 1 - 1 + 1 at most and the reporter adds that up to 5.

It might make sense if we were linked with a PL quality goalkeeper but we have had few convincing rumours of any sort as yet.

Riversider

Liverpool have signed Dominic Solanke from Chelsea today, would love us to take him on a season long loan from them,
Very good player and I'm surprised Chelsea let Liverpool have him.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: @jolslover on May 30, 2017, 04:54:07 PM

Guess if Bettinelli left it could suggest were looking to bring in someone better.

Stekelenburg, Stockdale?

dhowells21

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on May 30, 2017, 05:31:41 PM
Quote from: @jolslover on May 30, 2017, 04:54:07 PM

Stekelenburg, Stockdale?

Schwarzer, Niemi?

Oh sweet time machine..

Skatzoffc

Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

snarks

Quote from: Riversider on May 30, 2017, 05:24:21 PM
Liverpool have signed Dominic Solanke from Chelsea today, would love us to take him on a season long loan from them,
Very good player and I'm surprised Chelsea let Liverpool have him.

He refused a new contract by all accounts, they didn't let them. A bit like Dembele last year