watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Knockaert

Started by Matt10, December 11, 2019, 12:48:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FulhamKC

I remember when Knock scored against us last year for Brighton after not getting a lot of playing time, he ran over to their coach, turned his back and pointed to his name on the back of his shirt. At the time, I thought hmmm ...

junior white

Not just Knockeart not playing well, Cav the last 4 or 5 games has fallen off pace taking extra touches when there is an easy ball or cross on, watch mitro he gets exasperated at it.

Then there is Manson, Odoi both of whom have fallen away.

It's very frustrating

WindyCity

Both Knock and Cav have really proven to be big disappointments.  Thought for sure they would be the catalysts to sparking a potent offense.  Simply has not happened.  Methinks both should see more bench time.  Kamara and Kebano should be getting more PT.  Also, too bad Reid is out.  I thought he added a lot to the offense.

But, the backline D is the biggest problem on this club.  Four goals conceded last two games, and FFC typically with a huge possession advantage.  FFC will struggle this season to make the playoff rounds.  And if they don't, the following season will not be pretty.

Riverside

Low on confidence
And if possible trying too hard !!

Coaching challenge is
a) get him to think more
b) lift his confidence

Hard to do for the most experienced coach - let alone SP

In the meantime needs to be dropped - which of course will not help his confidence and possibly make him over try even more .

But AK and Kebano clearly both offer more currently .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: FulhamStu on December 11, 2019, 03:21:04 PM
I think Knock was the divisions player of the season when Brighton got promoted.  He was fantastic and caused opposing teams huge problems.   I honestly don't know why, but we are clearly not getting the best out of him.
Well...do we design our playing system to be exactly like Brighton's those seasons...or do we keep Knock on the bench and hope he comes good. He's not good working in this offense with these players.

I'd love to sign another attacking winger next month. Knock won't be here next season.

Sent from my CMR-W19 using Tapatalk

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: junior white on December 12, 2019, 02:32:03 PM
Not just Knockeart not playing well, Cav the last 4 or 5 games has fallen off pace taking extra touches when there is an easy ball or cross on, watch mitro he gets exasperated at it.

Then there is Manson, Odoi both of whom have fallen away.

It's very frustrating
But Knock is the only player you mentioned that I'd bench.

Sent from my CMR-W19 using Tapatalk

Matt10

Quote from: Riverside on December 12, 2019, 06:18:25 PM
Low on confidence
And if possible trying too hard !!

Coaching challenge is
a) get him to think more
b) lift his confidence

Hard to do for the most experienced coach - let alone SP

In the meantime needs to be dropped - which of course will not help his confidence and possibly make him over try even more .

But AK and Kebano clearly both offer more currently .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think, from a management point of view, Parker did well to sub Cav instead of Knockaert vs Preston. I think that was a tough position to be in because he has to keep Knock happy, and hope that Cav is the professional - which he seemed to be. I think if it was the other way around, there would probably be more upset looks from the person being subbed.

RaySmith

I  don't think Scott would make decisions on the grounds of not wanting to upset a  player - all players are upset at being  dropped or subbed, and it's the manager's job to make these often tough decisions,  based solely on performance, and the good of the team, as he sees it.

Yes, I get that Knock seems very sensitive and temperamental, needs careful handling, but Scott has to think of  the other players morale if he seems to favour one player,  and the good of the team.

Surely Knock is professional enough to know that he has to improve, play to his full potential, to keep his place in the team, or he should be anyway.

But I suppose if he thought there was nothing between them on the night, he make make the decision on the grounds you say, as good man management.

Spirit of 2000

Why would we pander to Knockaerts feelings? He's played like an utter tart for the past 2 months and if dropping him means he throws his toys about, then he's welcome to flounce off back to Brighton or turn out for the U23's.

toshes mate

Quote from: Matt10 on December 13, 2019, 05:51:22 AM
I think, from a management point of view, Parker did well to sub Cav instead of Knockaert vs Preston. I think that was a tough position to be in because he has to keep Knock happy, and hope that Cav is the professional - which he seemed to be. I think if it was the other way around, there would probably be more upset looks from the person being subbed.
This is something that equates to the differences between the Parker and Jokanovic eras where you doubt the former has the same control of his players, and squads overall, as the latter.  It is indicative of what may go on during training sessions too, and how lack of emphatic control can eat away at morale when things turn sour.  I always had confidence in SJ, both as a man and as a coach, but I just do not find that in Parker either as player or coach.  But, you have a perfect right to tell me I am being nonsensical, because in point of fact what do I know about either person apart from impressions gained when I see them publicly?  Odd though how quickly (within six weeks of his first game) I got the feeling that Jokanovic was going to be a good thing at FFC, something I have not felt about Parker, even now.

Jim©

I've heard rumoured that Cav was ill (as was Mawson and Bryan) but there wasn't much we could do re the team he put out there. I'd have certainly allowed Neeskens a deserved 90 mins.
Let's just put into context that we had a MF missing
Cairney
Arter
Reed
D Reid
KMac

and
Sess
MLM

And then Mad Dog Odoi left us up the creek.

Matt10

Quote from: RaySmith on December 13, 2019, 06:11:25 AM
I  don't think Scott would make decisions on the grounds of not wanting to upset a  player - all players are upset at being  dropped or subbed, and it's the manager's job to make these often tough decisions,  based solely on performance, and the good of the team, as he sees it.

Yes, I get that Knock seems very sensitive and temperamental, needs careful handling, but Scott has to think of  the other players morale if he seems to favour one player,  and the good of the team.

Surely Knock is professional enough to know that he has to improve, play to his full potential, to keep his place in the team, or he should be anyway.

But I suppose if he thought there was nothing between them on the night, he make make the decision on the grounds you say, as good man management.

Based on his history, I'm not sure if Knock would see it that way. However, I'm just speculating because of what I've seen attitude-wise on the field. If he's completley different off of it, and is maybe more of a heat of the moment type professional, then that's fine.

Quote from: Spirit of 2000 on December 13, 2019, 08:02:48 AM
Why would we pander to Knockaerts feelings? He's played like an utter tart for the past 2 months and if dropping him means he throws his toys about, then he's welcome to flounce off back to Brighton or turn out for the U23's.

Honestly, I'm not sure, but from what he said about how he has to manage Kamara differently than others, that would be an indication that he approaches certain types of players a specific way.

If Knock starts tomorrow, I'll have questions about Parker's decision making. He was given the full 90 minutes to make a difference and didn't. He wasted chances, and gave the ball away twice in critical spots after we defended late into the match. Hopefully he'll come off the bench and make a positive difference.

WolverineFFC

Quote from: Matt10 on December 11, 2019, 12:48:48 PM
I do not usually like to single out players, but honestly, Knockaert needs to be benched. If not for the rare glimpse of quality, his body language and attitude on the pitch is truly painful to watch.

He makes a bad pass, he blames the other player for not putting more effort. He receives a bad pass, he watches it go by and looks back to blame the other player. In both scenarios, he does not then try to win the ball back, but he stays put to show how disgusted he is.

In attack, we have a counter, and what does he do? He spends 10-15 seconds taking on one player only to send a ball over the top of Mitro. This happened 3-4x vs Preston.

I believe Parker and Wells really like him, and are not wanting to bench him. However, I think he will be the true demise of the team, unless his attitude and demeanor changes. He may be frustrated for not scoring since West Brom, but enough is enough. The last thing we need is a maverick and passion merchant that is going to have no end product - then blame everyone else because he is failing.

Kebano's earned his spot, and that is who I would throw in to send crosses, or let Christie overlap to send them. Something definitely needs to change on the right hand side regardless.

I think he has lost a step and that is it. Without the quickness, all his tricks result in no end product.

Kebano and Kamara have done more with less time than Knockaert at this point. Add Mitro, BDR, and Cav to the list and I do not understand why he keeps getting picked for the starting 11 by SP.

Statto

Perfect illustration of the difference between Cavaleiro and Knockaert yesterday.

Knockaert mindlessly runs into a crowd of five defenders and naturally loses possession.

The loose ball rolls to Cavaleiro who bangs it into the top corner.

ffcne

Quote from: Statto on January 12, 2020, 10:43:27 AM
Perfect illustration of the difference between Cavaleiro and Knockaert yesterday.

Knockaert mindlessly runs into a crowd of five defenders and naturally loses possession.

The loose ball rolls to Cavaleiro who bangs it into the top corner.

One trick pony .
Bad yesterday .

colinwhite

Could be but he tracked back all day and didnt leave Christie exposed.Cavaleiro has also started working much harder defensively come to that.I dont agree that he ,Knochhart,  was poor even though it was not his most productive game he still creates an uncertainty in opposition defences.

ALG01

i think the critisism of knock is way over the top. he is a very good player and he frightens defenders, draws them and beats them, i am not sure the rest of the teamare always on the same wavelength. he desrved to be dropped, as should they all when not at their best for an extended period, but has come back brilliantly.... IMO cav is underwhelming but now he has signed properly that may change..however cav clearly has talent, he just needs to show more end product like yesterday and look up and be less selfish

Whitestone

Knockaert worked his socks off yesterday. Always looking to get back to defend. I don't think it's fair to say he had a poor game. Yesterday wasn't a classic but the team dug in and got the result and at the end Knocky came to the away end where his passion was there for all to see. No doubting his desire.

colinwhite

Without him occupying 5 defenders cavelierio doesnt get the shooting opportunity either come to that !!

jayffc

In fairness to Knockaert I think he works his socks of. I don't question his work rate, he chases down, pegs it about the pitch,often tracks back at full pelt to try and contest the ball and for me he's shown alot of effort. His execution has just been off. He finds himself looking threatening but his finishing/crossing, generally hasn't been as good as we'd hoped. There is time for him to turn that around but he's bought himself the patience with me because of his work rate. If that wasn't there I wouldn't be so willing. That said I wouldn't be adverse to him being benched providing whoever steps in is doing a more clinical job. So that would presumably be AK, Kebano or BDR out wide. Hope he get's a run of goals that really kick start his confidence in his end product.