watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

What are we doing?

Started by Peabody, June 30, 2023, 02:57:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peabody

According to the Standard, Willian is looking for a new club. He is disappointed but just what are we playing at!

bog

That is scandalous news! Yes, Peabody, what are we doing?  ::angry:: 

Is there financial trouble behind the scenes?

Nero

We dont know the details of the contract or how long the 35 year Willian wanted or what wage. probably waiting for the Saudis to get in touch

bog

Quote from: Nero on June 30, 2023, 03:11:10 PMWe dont know the details of the contract or how long the 35 year Willian wanted or what wage. probably waiting for the Saudis to get in touch

I think you may be right about the Saudis. I hope we get at least one more season.

ElRay

Really is worrying. This is the best position the Khans have ever had the club in and all signs point to we're heading to one of the biggest messes the club has ever been in, in recent times. ::wine::

Sting of the North

Quote from: ElRay on June 30, 2023, 03:48:42 PMReally is worrying. This is the best position the Khans have ever had the club in and all signs point to we're heading to one of the biggest messes the club has ever been in, in recent times. ::wine::

"all signs"...

Sting of the North

Extremely disappointing if we can't manage to keep Willian, either his demands are completely out there, or we are making a huge mistake.

In my opinion

Jules

I don't understand it. All was going so well, I really hope things change and Marco signs, Willian renews etc but it's not looking good right now

Cobh Fulham Fan

Can I ask why all the above comments have given this newspaper report credit with being accurate while dismissing others relating to different Fulham players as being nothing more than nonsense headline grabbing?

Somerset Fulham

Quote from: ElRay on June 30, 2023, 03:48:42 PMReally is worrying. This is the best position the Khans have ever had the club in and all signs point to we're heading to one of the biggest messes the club has ever been in, in recent times. ::wine::

It really isn't.

South Coast White

If he isn't given a decent contract you can't blame him, it's probably his last or almost  last full season age considering.
Even so, if he doesn't want to stay then so be it. Does seem a little foolish however not to try and keep him.

Peabody

Quote from: Somerset Fulham on June 30, 2023, 03:57:39 PM

It really isn't.

I do hope you're right. I should have added if true in my original comment

Lighthouse

The paper calls it an exclusive. But I have been reading for the last month that he has refused the contract. Now either they were lies, this is based on the lies or the fact that they say it is exclusive is a lie. Seeing as I don't know and have doubts about any of the news until it's official. I don't care if he stays or goes until I know. If he goes then it is a shame but such is the ups and downs of football.

But it is tedious that every year we have the same reports of coaches and players leaving when it isn't always true.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

filham

Oh dear, just say some of the other rumours turned into reality and we had to start the season without Willian, Palhinha, Robinson and Tosin.

alfie

Quote from: Lighthouse on June 30, 2023, 04:25:44 PMThe paper calls it an exclusive. But I have been reading for the last month that he has refused the contract. Now either they were lies, this is based on the lies or the fact that they say it is exclusive is a lie. Seeing as I don't know and have doubts about any of the news until it's official. I don't care if he stays or goes until I know. If he goes then it is a shame but such is the ups and downs of football.

But it is tedious that every year we have the same reports of coaches and players leaving when it isn't always true.
I find it tedious that people always blame the club when

1. We have no idea what has been offered
2. We have no idea what he doesn't like about the offer
3. We have no idea if his agent has advised him about other offers
4. Supporters complaining about rising ticket prices, yet are telling the club to pay him       
    what he wants.
And finally
5. We have no idea if it is true.

Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Somerset Fulham

Agree with both Lighthouse and Alfie here.

It may well be true that the guy is leaving, but why is that automatically the club's fault?

JimmyConway

The biggest irony is that we offered Kebano another year? We have a quality Brazilian footballer who was instrumental in our success last season and is fit as a fiddle. Whereas Neeskens has had half a dozen good games at this level in three attempts?

Sammyffc

Genuinely doesn't bother me, i think its actually good news we aren't just bending over backwards to offer players money. He clearly wants more than what he wanted last year which was reportedly already high, so i have no issue with us saying no.

alfie

Quote from: JimmyConway on June 30, 2023, 04:56:24 PMThe biggest irony is that we offered Kebano another year? We have a quality Brazilian footballer who was instrumental in our success last season and is fit as a fiddle. Whereas Neeskens has had half a dozen good games at this level in three attempts?

Unless you know what the offers players have you can't compare them.

Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Stevieboy

Quote from: filham on June 30, 2023, 04:40:24 PMOh dear, just say some of the other rumours turned into reality and we had to start the season without Willian, Palhinha, Robinson and Tosin.

Yes,we always seem to believe the negative rumours and scoff at the positive ones  :slap: