watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Championship, starting XI next season... merged

Started by fulhamben, March 08, 2014, 04:47:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fulhamben

just been saying this.lets recall cole tunnicliffe arthurworrey and trotta and lets play them all.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

H4usuallysitting

More good news - we can all stay at Suffolkwhite's house for the away game against Ipswich

Twig

Quote from: Robbie on March 08, 2014, 05:11:27 PM
agreed, big clear out .. no old men  .... build a consistent first team
Thought for a moment that you meant clear out the old men from the Riverside.

Dodger53

You are all keeping far to many! Rubbish the lot of them.

Aaron

I thought so too..

In fact, I'm trying very hard to continue thinking that way.  It really all depends what Khan wants to do.

He's had a January window (which I still think he handled quite well..) and little else in terms of freedom to invest and develop.  He inherited the club in much worse shape than he probably thought he did and has had to act sooner than he may have liked.

The fundamental problem is that we appear to have a management team in both executive and footballing terms which have fundamentally no idea how to run a football club.  This won't change by default just because we're in the Championship, it'll be the same headless chickens doing the same jobs but with considerably less money and talent available.

I expect there will be games next season where we name 9, 10 or even 11 players who currently aren't on the books at Fulham.  To think we'll have the run of the house just because we've spent 13 years in the Premier League would be incredibly naive.

The ball is in Mr Khan's court now.

Aaron

Quote from: fulhamben on March 08, 2014, 05:02:22 PM
Quote from: Aaron on March 08, 2014, 04:59:11 PM
Considering the way they're playing, I don't think there's many who will want or indeed be planning to stay.

I expect derisory bids will be made from teams better off than us and the vast majority of our current squad to be out the door at the first opportunity.
other than stek and mitroglu, who on gods earth would want any of our other players. yes our kids might get stolen but thats about it. no one would want parker and brede. maybe someone would take a punt on ashkan but cant see  bids for anyone else other than the youth. that said we dont actually own most of our players anyway

Well Stek, Mitroglou and Ashkan were the ones I was thinking of.  I could see Brede buggering off to the MLS or something maybe.  You're right (and perhaps unfortunately) that we could end up being saddled with the rest.

Nero

Quote from: fulhamben on March 08, 2014, 05:02:22 PM
Quote from: Aaron on March 08, 2014, 04:59:11 PM
Considering the way they're playing, I don't think there's many who will want or indeed be planning to stay.

I expect derisory bids will be made from teams better off than us and the vast majority of our current squad to be out the door at the first opportunity.
other than stek and mitroglu, who on gods earth would want any of our other players. yes our kids might get stolen but thats about it. no one would want parker and brede. maybe someone would take a punt on ashkan but cant see  bids for anyone else other than the youth. that said we dont actually own most of our players anyway

there always Arry to buy anyones crap

The Rock

I think we need competition for places. Start with our best 22 under 30 between the current squad, development squad, and those on loan an start there. That is something far more exciting than our current team.

Add 3-4 new potential players by actually spending some money that provide real quality, and we can gain promotion next year. Look at Southampton, and a few other teams that have actually spent a bit. I do like the players we got in Jan as well.

ross_bamping

Riether Out
Hangeland Out
Amorebieta Out
Riise Out 
Parker Out
Boateng Out
Ruiz Out
Bent Out
Kara Retire
Duff Retire
Yes, what I say may be seen as 'overdone' or 'harsh', and to be honest I don't care. Please, feel free to argue your case, but remember, I won't back down.

Macedo

fulhamben

Quote from: ross_bamping on March 08, 2014, 06:07:52 PM
Riether Out
Hangeland Out
Amorebieta Out
Riise Out 
Parker Out
Boateng Out
Ruiz Out
Bent Out
Kara Retire
Duff Retire
heitinga kvist and unfortunately holtby will be out too. plus sidwell stek and mitroglu

ross_bamping

Quote from: fulhamben on March 08, 2014, 06:12:40 PM
Riether Out
Hangeland Out
Amorebieta Out
Riise Out  
Parker Out
Boateng Out
Ruiz Out
Bent Out
Kara Retire
Duff Retire
heitinga kvist and unfortunately holtby will be out too. plus sidwell stek and mitroglu

They're the players I want to go. I'd like Kvist, Heitinga and the other trio to stay, but I don't know if they would.
Yes, what I say may be seen as 'overdone' or 'harsh', and to be honest I don't care. Please, feel free to argue your case, but remember, I won't back down.

hovewhite

Myself I would like to see karagounis given a chance as the boss and keep mitro get rid of,
Parker
Risle
Amore
Bent
Ruiz
Duff
As we need a new positive young vibe,kara would be a gamble but I love the greek legend and with mitro ,trotta,dembele ,woodrow I think we could regain our position in the PL.
I don't think it will happen because A.M .

fulhamben

Quote from: ross_bamping on March 08, 2014, 06:18:46 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on March 08, 2014, 06:12:40 PM
Riether Out
Hangeland Out
Amorebieta Out
Riise Out  
Parker Out
Boateng Out
Ruiz Out
Bent Out
Kara Retire
Duff Retire

They're the players I want to go, Like Kvist, Heitinga and the other trio to stay, but I don't know if they would.
doubt it, as for starters they are not even our players. heitinga will be on a free so id imagine at least one prem team will want him. kvist, not so sure. depends on if anything was agreed in the loan agreement. once again though doubt he would want to sign. unfortunately we will have to start looking abroad and to the lower leagues for our players from now on.

PeterFFC

Out:
Stek, Riether, Heitinga, Riise, Sidwell, Bent, Mitroglou, Holtby, Kvist, Kasami, Hangeland, Dejagah, Amorebieta, Zverotic, Duff and Kara will retire
Try to keep Stockdale, Burn, Richardson, Parker, would love to see Kasami stay but doubt he will. Bring in youngsters. Also Rodellaga did well against Leicester who are dominating the Championship, so he could play.

Pluto

Players who I think will go to top flight teams: Stek, Mitroglou, Heitinga, Sidwell, Riether, Ruiz, Dejagah
Loans to return: Holtby, Bent, Kvist
Get rid of: Parker, Zverotic, Amorebieta, Riise, Duff (retire)

Keep:

Stockdale
Etheridge

Briggs (one more chance)
Richardson
Hangeland
Burn
Passley

Kasami
Kaca (one more chance)
Tunnicliffe
Cole
Mesca
Karagounis (player/coach)
Boateng (one more chance)
Vigen-Christiansen
Plumain
David

Trotta
Rodallega
Woodrow
Dembele
Tankovic

Add another CB and RB and that's an exciting young 23 man squad who I think could challenge for promotion.

K33NY

Quote from: Pluto on March 08, 2014, 07:06:22 PM
Players who I think will go to top flight teams: Stek, Mitroglou, Heitinga, Sidwell, Riether, Ruiz, Dejagah
Loans to return: Holtby, Bent, Kvist
Get rid of: Parker, Zverotic, Amorebieta, Riise, Duff (retire)

Keep:

Stockdale
Etheridge

Briggs (one more chance)
Richardson
Hangeland
Burn
Passley

Kasami
Kaca (one more chance)
Tunnicliffe
Cole
Mesca
Karagounis (player/coach)
Boateng (one more chance)
Vigen-Christiansen
Plumain
David

Trotta
Rodallega
Woodrow
Dembele
Tankovic

Add another CB and RB and that's an exciting young 23 man squad who I think could challenge for promotion.

I think Heitinga will stay he clearly didnt get much playtime in Everton and as far as I know no other clubs tried to get him, therefore I would think he wants to stay and help us out. I dont know this, but my brain is saying it to me :P And I would so hope we would keep hold of Stekelenburg.... yes he did some mistakes, but many keepers do, would rather have him kept here instead of Stockdale every week.....

Keep:

Stockdale
Etheridge

Passley
Burn
Hangeland
Heitinga
Briggs

Kasami
Kaca
Tunnicliffe
Cole
Plumain
David

Tankovic
Dembele
Woodrow
Trorra

IF Mitroglou does not have release clause I would say keep him, allthough I think he does have the clause though.

And if possible to keep:

Dejagah
Stekelenburg
Riether
Kvist (he as well had little playtime before coming to loan allthough Felix dont fancy using him if possible keep him)
Holtby ( I do realise keeping him is as much as 100% not possible, but he did say that he likes Magath training style and even said its thanks to him he is the player he is today, maaaaaaaaaaaaaybe he would make a permanent move?)

TonyGilroy

I don't think it's about the squad so much as who manages.

I really think Magath is the wrong man in the wrong place at the wrong time and I want him gone.

Appoint a young manager with experience at this level and give him time, support and resources. Our younger players will be a real asset and the older ones must move on. All of them.

Bring in some experienced players if they have leadership qualities but get rid of the shell shocked old guard.

Luffy86

Riether Out
Hangeland Out
Amorebieta Out
Riise Out 
Parker Out
Boateng Out
Ruiz Out
Bent Out
Kara Retire
Duff Retire

I'd agree with that mate!!

JackyFulham90

We need a massive clear out players I think will leave

Stekelenburg, Riether,  Amorebieta, Heitinga,  Riise, Sidwell,  Dejagah, Duff, Karagounis,  Boateng, Kasami, Ruiz, Holtby, Bent, Rodallega, Mitraglou

I know some will say that is drastic but I can genuinely see them all going & I will be glad when they do as our squad has been awful this season only players I would like to see remain are

Hangeland (had a poor season but still a good player)
Burn
Richardson
Parker (long contract can't see anyone taking him)
Kacaniklic
Cole
Tunnicliffe

I hope the places in the squad are taken up by younger players like Passley, Briggs, Tankovic, Mesca, David, Plumain, Christensen,  Dembele,  Roberts & Woodrow