watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Silly Season - FOF's Summer Transfer Thread 2011

Started by Mr Fulham, May 16, 2011, 12:35:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr Fulham

The silly season is about to begin and I thought it would be good to keep my fellow FOFeners up to date with the latest rumours and transfers about Fulham, England and Europe! :wine:
Feel free to contribute, speculate and banter, my friends! :HD:

Ok, first one - Fulham target Pablo Osvaldo is set to sign for Atlético Madrid for a 10m-fee.

TheInsider

I know we are looking for a striker (not including Gudjohnson) and two full-backs. We might get more but those are the main targets. I don't have a clue as to who we are targeting.

RidgeRider

Quote from: Mr Fulham on May 16, 2011, 12:35:56 AM
The silly season is about to begin and I thought it would be good to keep my fellow FOFeners up to date with the latest rumours and transfers about Fulham, England and Europe! :wine:
Feel free to contribute, speculate and banter, my friends! :HD:

Ok, first one - Fulham target Pablo Osvaldo is set to sign for Atlético Madrid for a 10m-fee.

This guy has got way too much press for us. 10m is a lot and I'm thinking playing at a biggish club in Spain would be an easier move for this guy all things equal. Plus for that kind of transfer fee I'm guessing wages may have been an issue for us.

FP

HatterDon

well, it won't be an official transfer period if we're not linked with every right back in the world -- including those who have retired and died.

I can hardly stand to wait for the excitement.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Mr Fulham

DONE DEAL Jordan Henderson to Liverpool 20m

The first MADNESS transfer of the new campaign! :dead horse:

Ron Sheepskin

Should we start some rumours ourselves to pass the time?

If so, Fulham are rumoured to be planning a swoop for Mr Fulham's avatar on a bid to fill the tricky right back vacancy.  079.gif
"Do not affix anything to this wall" - sign that was affixed to wall above turnstiles at Hammy end before someone with a clipboard replaced it with a large Fire Exit sign.

NorthernWhite

Jamie Ohara to Wolves for 5 million
Henderson to Liverpool for 18 million
Leandro from Internacional in Brazil to Spurs
Morrison to Norwich for 3.5 million

Mr Fulham

Quote from: NorthernWhite on June 06, 2011, 10:12:39 PM
Jamie Ohara to Wolves for 5 million
Henderson to Liverpool for 18 million
Leandro from Internacional in Brazil to Spurs
Morrison to Norwich for 3.5 million

O'Hara - they're close, but no done deal yet
Henderson - DONE
Leandro - again, close, but no done deal
Morison - DONE
Will Buckley to Brighton
Graham to Swansea also very close

ImperialWhite

Possible French transfers

Blaise Matuidi (St Etienne) -> Liverpool
Yohan Cabaye (Lille) -> Newcastle (£5mill)
Gervinho (Lille) -> Arsenal

Mr Fulham

Quote from: ImperialWhite on June 06, 2011, 10:21:48 PM

Cabaye to Newcastle is a done deal according to the player. And 5m is an absolute steal, magnificent player.
Gervinho is heavily linked with both Newcastle and Arsenal. Newcastle are favourites.
Pardew is doing a good job up there.

ImperialWhite

Quote from: Mr Fulham on June 06, 2011, 10:23:08 PM

Cabaye to Newcastle is a done deal according to the player. And 5m is an absolute steal, magnificent player.
Gervinho is heavily linked with both Newcastle and Arsenal. Newcastle are favourites.

No offence to Newcastle, but why on earth would you move from Lille to Newcastle? He's just won the double with them, and will be playing Champions League football next season. Arsenal, sure, but Newcastle seem like bit of a step down to me. They'll be offering much better wages than Lille perhaps?

Mr Fulham

Quote from: ImperialWhite on June 06, 2011, 10:25:18 PM
Quote from: Mr Fulham on June 06, 2011, 10:23:08 PM

No offence to Newcastle, but why on earth would you move from Lille to Newcastle? He's just won the double with them, and will be playing Champions League football next season. Arsenal, sure, but Newcastle seem like bit of a step down to me. They'll be offering much better wages than Lille perhaps?

They received 40m for Carroll in January and Pardew said he's allowed to invest everything in new players.

Lighthouse

I can confirm that our Chairman has told Jol what the transfer budget is likely to be. Jol is thinking it over as we speak.

The transfer budget is likely to be between two and ten million quid below the asking price of any player Jol wants to bring in.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

os5889

Quote from: Mr Fulham on June 06, 2011, 10:02:16 PM
DONE DEAL Jordan Henderson to Liverpool 20m

The first MADNESS transfer of the new campaign! :dead horse:

Second (after Jol) potential correct call from Mr F. Got any more interesting snippets? A bit too quiet at Sunderland and QPR for my liking

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/13685517.stm

Liverpool and Sunderland hold Jordan Henderson talks

Page last updated at 18:21 GMT, Tuesday, 7 June 2011 19:21 UK
E-mail this to a friendPrintable version
By Phil McNulty
Chief football writer
Henderson made his England debut against France in November 2010
Liverpool are continuing to hold negotiations with Sunderland in an attempt to sign Jordan Henderson for a fee in the region of £20m.

The Anfield club hope a deal can be done before he joins England's Under-21 squad on Wednesday for the European Championship in Denmark.

Sunderland rejected Liverpool's previous offer, which is believed to be worth about £16m.

But discussions are ongoing over the future of the 20-year-old midfielder.

The Black Cats are holding out for the full asking price of £20m for their player, who won his first England cap in the friendly defeat against France at Wembley in November.

But Liverpool are still hopeful of striking a compromise deal quickly that will allow them to make Henderson their first major signing since Kenny Dalglish was confirmed as manager.

Manchester United had been regarded as the long-time favourites to sign Henderson after he made an outstanding start to last season, but their interest cooled and manager Sir Alex Ferguson has moved on to other midfield targets.

Henderson's potential acquisition fits in with Liverpool's policy under Dalglish, director of football Damien Comolli and owners Fenway Sports Group to pursue young, and preferably English, talent, with Ipswich's teenage striker Connor Wickham and Blackburn Rovers defender Phil Jones also Anfield targets.

Sunderland-born midfielder Jordan, who had a loan spell at Coventry City early in his career and signed a five-year contract at The Stadium of Light in April 2010, came to prominence as Steve Bruce's Black Cats made a fine start to the season and was rewarded with an England call-up by coach Fabio Capello.

And even though his form dipped as Sunderland struggled in the second half of the campaign, Henderson is still regarded as one of England's brightest young prospects.

If, as expected, Liverpool sign Henderson it will be their second expensive raid on the north-east's pool of young England stars after they signed Andy Carroll from Newcastle United in a £35m deal in January.

os5889

Twitte trending story saying that Liverpool made approach for Barcas Jeffren Suarez, any truth in this one?

Mr Fulham

QPR are interested in Keane and Jenas - but they might get competition from Jol.

Sunderland are looking for strikers, as are Newcastle. Jay Bothroyd is a likely option.

os5889

Quote from: Mr Fulham on June 07, 2011, 08:38:24 PM
QPR are interested in Keane and Jenas - but they might get competition from Jol.

Sunderland are looking for strikers, as are Newcastle. Jay Bothroyd is a likely option.

I really hope we dont try and sign Penis. Not even Spurs fans rate him.

Mr Fulham

Phil Jones to ManUtd ~18m, again utter madness.

Fulham interested in Mounir El Hamdaoui, clubs apparently in talks
Jol looking to bring in Hughton - Cornelius Jol and condition coach Lindemann are on their way. We need a goalkeeper coach unless Hitchcock, who is no member of this "Hughes clan" stays. That definitely is a possibility.

Here's hope for the Zolly Gera camp - he could stay and sign a new deal.

Wolves set to tie up deals for O'Hara (5m, contract until 2015) and Mills (Reading, 4m)

Larsson to Sunderland

elgreenio

the whole of Chelsea reserves team to HSV.

Neuer to Bayern official today.

Also rumours of Arsenals Denilson + cash for Shakhtars Willian
touch my camera through the fence