https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Silly Season - FOF's Summer Transfer Thread 2011

Started by Mr Fulham, May 16, 2011, 12:35:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

elgreenio

touch my camera through the fence

Mr Fulham

Barton and Nolan are apparently available for transfer.

Lighthouse

Newcastle have just bought a midfielder, Cabaye from Lille. Is he a Nolan type player?

Gera has a knee injury so may not be going anywhere

Guddy could be going to Swansea and not us.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

elgreenio

N'Zogbia supposedly having a medical at Arsenal. Cabaye is a very technical player, as opposed to Nolans box to box hassling qualities.

Mr Fulham

Quote from: elgreenio on June 11, 2011, 10:25:06 AM
N'Zogbia supposedly having a medical at Arsenal. Cabaye is a very technical player, as opposed to Nolans box to box hassling qualities.

But he's also a CM/OM starter.

Lighthouse

Sky Sports sources understand that Newcastle have turned down a 'derisory' offer from West Ham for Kevin Nolan
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Mr Fulham

Quote from: Lighthouse on June 11, 2011, 01:34:57 PM
Sky Sports sources understand that Newcastle have turned down a 'derisory' offer from West Ham for Kevin Nolan

Can't see us signing him. He wants a five-year-deal. And Fulham only hands four-year-contracts.

The bid was 3m - is Big Sam a crack junkie? :dead horse:

elgreenio

Quote from: Mr Fulham on June 11, 2011, 01:08:18 PM
But he's also a CM/OM starter.

you what now?

Kevin Gameiro pulling a U-turn on Laurent Blancs recommendation and looking to sign for PSG instead of Valencia (Blanc says he'll have a better chance of going to the Euros if he's playing in France)

Mr Fulham

Nolan wants to leave Newcastle. He had a bitter quarrel with Pardew and owner Mike Ashley.
I can see him going to West Ham though.

WBA interested in former Fulham target Ola Toivonen.

QPR in talks with former Italy international Nicola Legrottaglie.

Alan Pardew set to complete a bosman deal for Demba Ba. He's also interested in PSG striker Mevlut and AS Saint Etienne midfielder Blaise Matuidi.

elgreenio

Matuidi also one of those thats linked to Arsenal every time a window comes round. Lille general director has confirmed Arsenal are in talks over Gervinho.

Manchester City signed 16-year-old Karim Rekik from Feyenoord, they're probably fuming after the fuss they kicked up about Ake to Chelsea.

Mr Fulham

Arsenal are weighing up a bid for Adam Johnson.
City have reached an agreement with Udinese for Alexis Sanchez.
Nasri will stay at Arsenal.
Tottenham and Arsenal interested in Christopher Samba.
Sunderland interested in Craig Gardner (could do a job for Fulham tbh!)
Fabregas "very likely" to move to Barca this summer.

I'm awaiting confirmation or negation on a few Fulham targets, I will keep you updated.

btw: West Ham demand 7-8m for Scotty Parker. Arsenal and Tottenham interested.

RidgeRider

Quote from: Mr Fulham on June 14, 2011, 03:33:27 PM
Arsenal are weighing up a bid for Adam Johnson.
City have reached an agreement with Udinese for Alexis Sanchez.
Nasri will stay at Arsenal.
Tottenham and Arsenal interested in Christopher Samba.
Sunderland interested in Craig Gardner (could do a job for Fulham tbh!)
Fabregas "very likely" to move to Barca this summer.

I'm awaiting confirmation or negation on a few Fulham targets, I will keep you updated.

btw: West Ham demand 7-8m for Scotty Parker. Arsenal and Tottenham interested.

Thanks Mr. Fulham! Always appreciate your updates.

Jimpav

Anyone else think Scott parker would be worth splashing  out 7 mill for?

Can't see Arsenal buying him but would be sweet to beat Spurs to him.

elgreenio

J.Boateng from Citeh to Bayern almost done. He's agreed a 4 year deal, just waiting for the teams to agree a fee, which Boateng says Citeh are making difficult.

Cesc wont be going anywhere this summer

Mr Fulham

Scott Carson set to move to Bursaspor...fee between 1-1.5m.

FC Silver Fox

Quote from: Jimpav on June 14, 2011, 03:40:29 PM
Anyone else think Scott parker would be worth splashing  out 7 mill for?

Its really a question of whether that role is a priority for us. We already have the gïnger Iniesta who can get from box to box. We have a number of attacking midfield options already (Demps, Davies, Gera and Duffer). Etuhu and Greening are good at ball recovery in midfield and we've seen Jesus getting forward well in the last few games too.
No, I think our money would be better spent elsewhere.  This is nothing to do with the undoubtable quality of Parker himself.
Finn and Corked Hat, you are forever part of the family.

Mr Fulham

Quote from: FC Silver Fox on June 14, 2011, 04:19:40 PM

Its really a question of whether that role is a priority for us. We already have the gïnger Iniesta who can get from box to box. We have a number of attacking midfield options already (Demps, Davies, Gera and Duffer). Etuhu and Greening are good at ball recovery in midfield and we've seen Jesus getting forward well in the last few games too.
No, I think our money would be better spent elsewhere.  This is nothing to do with the undoubtable quality of Parker himself.

Let alone that Parker would never consider us because there'll be bigger clubs sniffing around.

btw: Did you know that DJ Campbell is Hammersmith-born? Was quite surprised to hear that. Could be a "+" for us methinks.

Mr Fulham

Demba Ba to Newcastle

/e:

QuoteCharlie Adam's transfer to LFC has hit an impasse: Blackpool are demanding £10m but Dalglish is refusing to pay a penny less than £22m

:005:

Fulham_Adam

Quote from: FC Silver Fox on June 14, 2011, 04:19:40 PM

Well said, no doubt Parker would be a great player for almost every team in our league I would rather us spend the bulk of our money on a quality forward or two. As Mr Fulham said as well he wouldn't come to us.

If Parker is worth 7 million though then Nolan is worth about 2 million and JenARSE about 700,000.
The past is told by those who win.

NorthernWhite

Chris Eagles is looking like he'll go to Everton.

It looks like Moyes is on a tight budget again but Eagles would be a good acquisition as well as Bothroyd on a free.