watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Silly Season - FOF's Summer Transfer Thread 2011

Started by Mr Fulham, May 16, 2011, 12:35:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr Fulham

Hamburg are interested in out-of-favour striker and former Fulham loanee Stefano Okaka. Possible transfer fee: About 3.5m.

Steve Bruce keen on a number of players, including ManUtd trio Darron Gibson, John O'Shea and Wes Brown.

Several clubs interested in Daniel Sturridge - most notably Newcastle, Stoke City and Bolton.

West Ham keen to resign Bellamy.

Jeffren is considering offers from Liverpool, Valencia and Villarreal. Alexis Sanchez is to sign for Barcelona - now Udine are interested in Jeffren as part of the deal.

Nasri set to leave Arsenal. Both Manchester clubs are heavily interested.

AS Roma keeper Doni has Liverpool medical tomorrow.

No Fulham news.

RidgeRider

Quote from: HatterDon on July 02, 2011, 05:59:12 PM
QuoteThe 23-year-old starred during this summer's European under-21 championships and made Spain's first goal in their victory over Switzerland in the final

This is something I continue NOT to understand. An U-21 tourney should be for players who have not yet reached 21 years of age. FIFA and UEFA need to rename these events to be like The European Under-21 and Guys Older Than 21 Who Aren't Yet Featuring in Their Full International Side Championships. Get THAT on a teeshirt!

I was wondering the same thing. There were a couple of 23 year olds in an U21 match I saw, and all I could do was scratch my head. Can someone please explain? In my head, I am ashamed to say, I lazily chalked it up to some complex European thinking.  :hook:

Mr Fulham

Quote from: RidgeRider on July 04, 2011, 03:41:14 AM
QuoteThe 23-year-old starred during this summer's European under-21 championships and made Spain's first goal in their victory over Switzerland in the final

This is something I continue NOT to understand. An U-21 tourney should be for players who have not yet reached 21 years of age. FIFA and UEFA need to rename these events to be like The European Under-21 and Guys Older Than 21 Who Aren't Yet Featuring in Their Full International Side Championships. Get THAT on a teeshirt!

I was wondering the same thing. There were a couple of 23 year olds in an U21 match I saw, and all I could do was scratch my head. Can someone please explain? In my head, I am ashamed to say, I lazily chalked it up to some complex European thinking.  :hook:

You need to be younger than 22 (ergo 21 or younger) when the first qualification match takes place. That can well be two years ahead of a major competition.

Lighthouse

Gera has yet to agree terms or have a medical at WBA. More talk expected today
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

theo

Apparently Fulham are interested in Ngog now? Can someone please debunk these rumours? Do not want.

Lighthouse

Gael Clichy of Arsenal having medical at Man City.

HatterDon

Quote from: Mr Fulham on July 04, 2011, 03:44:57 AM

You need to be younger than 22 (ergo 21 or younger) when the first qualification match takes place. That can well be two years ahead of a major competition.

In other words, they don't understand the meaning of the word "Under," Jack. Either that or they don't understand that 22 is OLDER than 21. Speaking of which, I always enjoyed dropping into my pub between 1200 and 1300 and having the landlord greet me with "Good Morning!!!!!!" Evidently, in England, the afternoon doesn't begin until 1300.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

ElissonSnygg

Sky Sports News are reporting that Fulham are amongst a host of Premier League clubs who are interested in signing German midfielder Thomas Hitzlsperger.
The 29-year-old midfielder is expected to make a decision on his future this week with Blackburn, Fulham and his former club Aston Villa understood to be in the running. Hitzlsperger activated a clause in his West Ham contract allowing him to leave Upton Park if the club were relegated, having made 13 appearances in an injury-hit spell with the Hammers.
Sky Sports also suggest that Hitzlsperger has offers from the continent on the table as well.
Official board member of the Swedish Supporter Club - FFC Sweden.

Twitter: @ElissonSnygg

Lighthouse

According to th buzz, rumour mill is full of John Arne Riise signing for Fulham on Wednesday.

HatterDon

Quote from: Lighthouse on July 06, 2011, 12:53:12 AM
According to th buzz, rumour mill is full of John Arne Riise signing for Fulham on Wednesday.

Lighthouse is in tune to "the buzz." It's the end of civilization as we know it.

Lighthouse

Quote from: HatterDon on July 06, 2011, 01:34:17 AM
Quote from: Lighthouse on July 06, 2011, 12:53:12 AM

Lighthouse is in tune to "the buzz." It's the end of civilization as we know it.

Look man, I am hip wih the beat, and I groove to the moves. Get with it man.

Lighthouse

Downing bid of 15 million turned down by Villa from Liverpool.

elgreenio

Charlie Adam to Liverpool finally agreed subject to a medical
touch my camera through the fence

RidgeRider

Quote from: HatterDon on July 04, 2011, 01:09:46 PM
Quote from: Mr Fulham on July 04, 2011, 03:44:57 AM

In other words, they don't understand the meaning of the word "Under," Jack. Either that or they don't understand that 22 is OLDER than 21. Speaking of which, I always enjoyed dropping into my pub between 1200 and 1300 and having the landlord greet me with "Good Morning!!!!!!" Evidently, in England, the afternoon doesn't begin until 1300.

I sort of get it now, thanks to Mr. Fulham but it still seems a bit silly that in and U21 competition you would have anyone older than 21, given they could have started the competition at 20 years old but I'm guessing the coaches and national sides want continuity thus retaining players who are WELL past 20 years old who started with the team. Seems to me they should just replace them as the age out. Anyway on to transfer news..... :dft012:

RidgeRider

Quote from: Mr Fulham on July 06, 2011, 06:04:22 PM
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12874_7023315,00.html

WE should be in for him.... 085.gif

Maybe we are. :dft011:  Fulham are always quiet about things but you seem to know when we are dealing so I am going to assume you have heard nothing about us being linked to him and you rate him.

Mr Fulham

Valencia stepping up their interest in Jeffren.
HSV signs Norway international Skjelbred.
Rennes signs Jonathan Pitropia.

ManCity have signed Stefan Savid for 11m.
Liverpool are all set to sign Doni (AS Roma) and Charlie Adam.

Demy De Zeeuw has joined Spartak Moskva.

Pompey are set to seal the signings of Luke Varney and Stephen Henderson.

Lighthouse

Lighthouse

These are the latest news snippets with my fingers on the pulse.

Halliche is wanted by a few clubs on loan including QPR.

Roma will bid for Dempsey.

Hold on the pulse is weakening. Crash Cart I fear.

HatterDon

Although I've been predicting Dempsey to Liverpool since about February, I'm hoping he doesn't go anywhere this summer. HatterMom wants his autograph on her Dempsey shirt when we come over in September.