https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Silly Season - FOF's Summer Transfer Thread 2011

Started by Mr Fulham, May 16, 2011, 12:35:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr Fulham

Jeffren to sign for Sporting Lisbon today or tomorrow. Fee: 4.5m

Mr Fulham

Oh, and Joey Barton's contract at Newcastle has apparently been cancelled by mutual consent.

os5889

Quote from: Mr Fulham on August 01, 2011, 03:22:02 PM
Oh, and Joey Barton's contract at Newcastle has apparently been cancelled by mutual consent.

Arsenal?

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: os5889 on August 01, 2011, 03:32:23 PM

Arsenal?

We should go in for him, quality player

Bilet

The person Joey Barton isn't really that attractive, but the player really is.

What seems odd is the free transfer thing. I'm sure they could have sold him for some decent money.

Mr Fulham

Arsenal?

No. I think he had a bust-up with the club officials. Wasn't happy with Nolan's transfer and the direction the club was going. Newcastle wanted to offload some high-paid members of the squad.

MJG

No thanks he's a thug, and don't give me all that crap about second chances either.

Lighthouse

Barton said he will Twitter a statement at 4 pm. Frankly I hope the little thug never plays again.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

finnster01

Quote from: MJG on August 01, 2011, 03:41:28 PM
No thanks he's a thug, and don't give me all that crap about second chances either.

Second chances? More like four or five.

Not Fulham material.
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

ImperialWhite

Selection of quotes:

If only we as players could tell the fans exactly how it is, without them above fining us lots of money. There will be a time and a place.

If it wouldn't effect team morale and cause unrest within the dressing room, am certain Jose's comments would be the tip of the iceberg.....

If I wanted to leave, I'd just come out and say "I want to leave" Things need addressing as am not prepared to go through a relegation again

I'd like him here. See him as a bit of a Cantona figure (talented, pretentious and/or clever, gets into trouble/"troubled").

elgreenio

Quote from: ImperialWhite on July 30, 2011, 09:40:22 AM
Quote from: Pata on July 30, 2011, 09:25:29 AM
Quote from: ImperialWhite on July 30, 2011, 09:19:59 AM
http://www.lequipe.fr/Football/breves2011/20110730_100016_zamparini-annonce-pastore-au-psg.html

Pastore to PSG, officially.

€43million.

(jaw hits floor)
What's the total Qatari spending in the 2 months since they've taken over?

Roughly €90million - some good signings.

Ligue 1 is going to be interesting this season. A huge test for Leonardo, this, because he has a squad capable of winning the league - if he doesn't the blame lies with him.

awful lot of players have left aswell. Maybe not this season but next season once the squad is a bit more gelled you'd expect a lot from them.

Yuri Zhirkov on his way to Anzhi for €15m.
touch my camera through the fence

AlFayedsChequebook

How many people on here would prefer to have Joey Barton in the team over Dickson Etuhu... I am thinking quite a lot.

MJG

Quote from: AlFayedsChequebook on August 01, 2011, 03:54:36 PM
How many people on here would prefer to have Joey Barton in the team over Dickson Etuhu... I am thinking quite a lot.
On ability you would have Barton, but its not all about ability, its about what the person is like as well and how he fits into a club and with team mates.

Bilet

OptaJoe @ Twitter: 0% - Newcastle's PL win percentage without Joey Barton in the team during 2010-11, compared to 34% when he played. Available.

ImperialWhite

Quote from: Bilet on August 01, 2011, 03:57:31 PM
OptaJoe @ Twitter: 0% - Newcastle's PL win percentage without Joey Barton in the team during 2010-11, compared to 34% when he played. Available.

Was just about to post this!

Looks like one of our rivals for a good midtable spot may have taken themselves out of contention!

timmyg

He was a thug but has changed, still a bit mental though, there's no real room for him on our depth chart...

still wouldn't mind taking a flier though.
"Not everybody's the perfect person in the world. I mean everyone kills people, murders people, steals from you, steals from me, whatever." -- Terrelle Pryor, on Michael Vick

elgreenio

Quote from: MJG on August 01, 2011, 03:56:42 PM
Quote from: AlFayedsChequebook on August 01, 2011, 03:54:36 PM
On ability you would have Barton, but its not all about ability, its about what the person is like as well and how he fits into a club and with team mates.

90 minutes on the pitch, but having to put up with him off the pitch for the rest of the week, no thanks. I'm guessing its just a matter of time before he's described as a 'triffic player' ;)
touch my camera through the fence

os5889

Quote from: AlFayedsChequebook on August 01, 2011, 03:37:24 PM

Arsenal?

We should go in for him, quality player

Been saying it for years, really seems to have sorted his act out in the last 2-3 years

Lighthouse

Ballamy will not go to Celtic according to Sky.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

ImperialWhite

One thing we've learnt: Joey Barton isn't punctual.

4.24pm and still no announcement!