News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

GO FORTH AND MULTIPLY MARTIN JOL YOU PLEB!!

Started by Admin, October 20, 2011, 08:43:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oakeshott

"We look more threatening"

One and a half games excepted, I think we are looking at different teams. Threatening? Against Wolvs., Stoke or the Poles. You must be joking.

michaelread

Quote from: Oakeshott on October 21, 2011, 07:58:51 AM
"We look more threatening"

One and a half games excepted, I think we are looking at different teams. Threatening? Against Wolvs., Stoke or the Poles. You must be joking.

yeah, i re read it and considered taking it out, i thought itd give the plebs of this board the excuse to disparage all my real points and take four words out of it to single out instead of recognising the rest of my valid arguments. Guess i should have.

Oakeshott

What you really mean is that you were wildly inaccurate and are now embarrassed at being shown as such.

Plebs? I doubt you know the meaning of the word, and am certain you don't know to whom, if indeed anyone, on this forum it could reasonably be applied.

Some of us are in London, hope to see better than, for the most part, we have; still hope that, but with in my case diminishing expectation that that hope will be realised.

Hopefully we will look threatening against Everton and Wigan, because if we don't our position in the Premiership after the Wigan game is likely to look rather sorry.

elgreenio

just complete disappointment all round really. Shambolic refereeing aside, Jol really didn't leave a good imprint on my brain last night in how he handles pressure. It's all well and good having a plan and writing every single move down before the match but his in-game reactions were sub-standard for somebody who has been in the game so long. He continued with Sa up top obviously hoping he could hold the ball up, I have no idea who for though. Etuhu and Gecov looked to not even bother trying to add some attacking impotus even when we had 11 men. AJ was running around picking it up off the defenders 30 yards from his own goal ffs. Count ourselves lucky Sa got injured otherwise I wouldn't have been surprised if he stayed on all game doing a poor job of bringing others into play (think I remember one headed flick to attempt to put AJ in), he did do some good Nunez impressions though and that's definitely what we all want right?

Then to wait until they were down to 10 to sacrifice a defender was pretty poor imo, we were already 1 down, had nothing to lose and let's face it if we got caught on the break he could easily hide behind a dodgy red card decision.

Just so depressing to see us even with 11 men trying to keep the ball instead of get forward and make things happen. Dembele wants to beat his man 15 times before he'd like to do anything else, at least try sticking him on the left where he may stick to his left foot and not bother cutting in to be greeted by 4 more men.

I really wanted to see more from Gecov, he could pass it sideways and backwards well enough but against an average team (I dont care how many times they've won the league etc, they're average by our standards) he should be looking to kick on and put himself in the managers thoughts looking to play forward and add some purpose to the play.

Think that's my rant over, but I would like to say well done to Matty Briggs who had a good game and bombed forward at every opportunity (winning that free kick when 3 men were hounding him was class). Honourable mentions to Kasami and Frei who at least looked to add some intent.
touch my camera through the fence

michaelread

Quote from: Oakeshott on October 21, 2011, 09:03:18 AM
What you really mean is that you were wildly inaccurate and are now embarrassed at being shown as such.

Plebs? I doubt you know the meaning of the word, and am certain you don't know to whom, if indeed anyone, on this forum it could reasonably be applied.

Some of us are in London, hope to see better than, for the most part, we have; still hope that, but with in my case diminishing expectation that that hope will be realised.

Hopefully we will look threatening against Everton and Wigan, because if we don't our position in the Premiership after the Wigan game is likely to look rather sorry.

I know what pleb refers to.

So you dont think we are in the middle of a transition stage where the teams performance will suffer as a result of Jol rebuilding the squad for the future?

richie17

Quote from: michaelread on October 21, 2011, 09:49:41 AM
Quote from: Oakeshott on October 21, 2011, 09:03:18 AM

I know what pleb refers to.

So you dont think we are in the middle of a transition stage where the teams performance will suffer as a result of Jol rebuilding the squad for the future?

Good points today, Michael. :54:

Peabody

Feel really incensed, just picked up this thread saw Finns earlier comment that if you support MJ then you are not a real fan. Really that is hitting below the belt Finn. Just because I look at things differently to you, does not make me any less of a supporter . True, we have not had the best of starts but that is not an unique experience, it has happened far too often before but I, for better or for worse am prepared to give everyone a fair crack of the whip whereas you are not, my reasoning is that I, nor you can have very little influence over who the club employs and on that basis, we have to live with their decisions. I have never doubted your devotion to FFC, please do me the courtesy of the same respect.

Blingo

We screwed up in Poland. Get over it and get behind the best club in the world.
Time to give them all of the support that we can.

epsomraver

Quote from: Peabody on October 21, 2011, 10:16:04 AM
Feel really incensed, just picked up this thread saw Finns earlier comment that if you support MJ then you are not a real fan. Really that is hitting below the belt Finn. Just because I look at things differently to you, does not make me any less of a supporter . True, we have not had the best of starts but that is not an unique experience, it has happened far too often before but I, for better or for worse am prepared to give everyone a fair crack of the whip whereas you are not, my reasoning is that I, nor you can have very little influence over who the club employs and on that basis, we have to live with their decisions. I have never doubted your devotion to FFC, please do me the courtesy of the same respect.
Mr P, for reasons best known to himself Finn has a real problem with Jol even before he had managed a game,  and I cannot see that changing with the current performances, I totally agree with all your other sentiments.

Peabody

I am fully awareof Finns dislike of MJ, that is his right to express an opinion, what I object to is being classed as a lesser fan because I have a different opinion.

Admin

Guys can we keep on topic about Martin Jol going forth and multiplying.

Peabody

No, because I want him to have fair crack of the whip, oK?

Blingo

When we beat them 4 or 5 nil at the Cottage, I wonder just how many of you will be calling for Jol's head.

We must understand that we play over a season and that in that season there will be great games, decent games and mediocre games. We have a manager of proven ability (like it or not he did well at spurs) so lets wait and see how the season pans out. We will not get relegated and the cup runs are still open to us.
The easiest thing in the world is to criticize the performance of the manager, but if you do that, then you must also look at the board of directors and the players themselves. There is no i in team, and it very much looks to me as if there may be a little discontent amongst the older players, but they will all be gone in 3 years time. It could well be that jol is still here producing good signings and producing the goods but with a younger team. The important thing is that we stay firmly behind the club and support the decisions made from the top. They have not let us down in the last ten years, however much we moan have they?

Peabody

Quote from: Blingo on October 21, 2011, 11:45:57 AM
When we beat them 4 or 5 nil at the Cottage, I wonder just how many of you will be calling for Jol's head.

We must understand that we play over a season and that in that season there will be great games, decent games and mediocre games. We have a manager of proven ability (like it or not he did well at spurs) so lets wait and see how the season pans out. We will not get relegated and the cup runs are still open to us.
The easiest thing in the world is to criticize the performance of the manager, but if you do that, then you must also look at the board of directors and the players themselves. There is no i in team, and it very much looks to me as if there may be a little discontent amongst the older players, but they will all be gone in 3 years time. It could well be that jol is still here producing good signings and producing the goods but with a younger team. The important thing is that we stay firmly behind the club and support the decisions made from the top. They have not let us down in the last ten years, however much we moan have they?

+1

JBH

ADMIN I AM GETTING SICK OF YOU SO DO US A FAVOUR AND DO ONE!

bog

I don't agree about being cack from start to finish, we started well and finished strongly but I agree that in between we looked weak.  

ffcwickford

Admin you really need to get a reality check! This is not the end of the world and the glass is definitely 'half full' and NOT 'half empty'!

aussierod

+1  :Haynes The Maestro:
Completely agree. Jol has 3 years or more perhaps and can take a long term view to the club, all of the players are here only for the short term and will do whatever is in their best interests, ie get on with the business of listening to the manager or moan and seek a transfer
Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts

alfie

Quote from: Blingo on October 21, 2011, 10:36:11 AM
We screwed up in Poland. Get over it and get behind the best club in the world.
Time to give them all of the support that we can.

At last chaps this is what supporting your team is about the good times and the bad times
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Berserker

Quote from: Peabody on October 21, 2011, 12:03:46 PM

+1

Peabody and Blingo I totally agree
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.