News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

GO FORTH AND MULTIPLY MARTIN JOL YOU PLEB!!

Started by Admin, October 20, 2011, 08:43:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Logicalman

Citizens of FoF.

Here's a reality check for all of you, start the abuse towards other members and you won't be here for a while. Does that sound like reality? Cos it is.

This is NOT the offal, if you want to abuse others go there, they seem to accept it, rightly or wrongly I won't comment, but it is NOT for this MB.

Thanks for listening .....  :038:

michaelread

Quote from: Logicalman on October 21, 2011, 06:28:48 PM

Citizens of FoF.

Here's a reality check for all of you, start the abuse towards other members and you won't be here for a while. Does that sound like reality? Cos it is.

This is NOT the offal, if you want to abuse others go there, they seem to accept it, rightly or wrongly I won't comment, but it is NOT for this MB.

aside from the "go do one" comment directed at admin, can I ask for the moderators to be a bit less ambiguous with what theyre getting at here?

sipwell

Quote from: michaelread on October 21, 2011, 07:18:57 PM

Citizens of FoF.

Thanks for listening .....  :038:

aside from the "go do one" comment directed at admin, can I ask for the moderators to be a bit less ambiguous with what theyre getting at here?

That we all need to take a walk before we press the post button in this thread, basically. (And that Australians are plebs  :011:)

Jol Out?  :005:

No forum is complete without a silly Belgian participating!

aussierod

Kinda fair call I think, although the majority of the chat has been good and constructive and I have strongly disagreed and got slightly frustrated with some that dont share my same opinion, it wouldnt be a discussion board without disagreement.
Sometimes the best idea is to take a deep breath, come back with a measured response, or just ignore it and come back later
Oi!!! Steady on tiger :dft012:
Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts

michaelread

Quote from: sipwell on October 21, 2011, 07:30:18 PM

Citizens of FoF.

Thanks for listening .....  :038:

That we all need to take a walk before we press the post button in this thread, basically. (And that Australians are plebs  :011:)

Jol Out?  :005:

I don't appreciate the plebs jibe, it was directed at a certain few who I sincerely do doubt their capabilities, definitely not the board as a whole. Only a pleb would think that  :dft012:

Burt

Oh good god, is this thread still going on?

GIVE JOL TIME.

End of.

zzamora

Quote from: Burt on October 21, 2011, 08:54:00 PM
Oh good god, is this thread still going on?

GIVE JOL TIME.

End of.

Calmed down now...

RT @Burt.

Logicalman

That we all need to take a walk before we press the post button in this thread, basically.

Well done that man. It wasn't what most of you had already said, it was the way the thread was going, I would rather intervene a little early than let the thread get spoiled as tempers rise.

RidgeRider

Quote from: Logicalman on October 22, 2011, 02:20:02 AM

That we all need to take a walk before we press the post button in this thread, basically.

Well done that man. It wasn't what most of you had already said, it was the way the thread was going, I would rather intervene a little early than let the thread get spoiled as tempers rise.

:54: Agree completely, got a little testy in the middle but as usual a little nudge and cooler heads almost always prevail. It is the FoF way.

Admin

Citizens of FoF.

The "do one comment" was from JBH, hardly a productive poster himself so we can't really call that abuse. The "pleb" comment is the best by far I think. Long live this thread.

Berserker

I was a bit worried Logicman as i couldn't think of anything i had said that was imflamatory. I do look at the Offal sometimes, and although there are interesting comments on it,  more often than not lately it's just people having a go at each other, and i definitly wouldn't want this forum to end up like that.
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Mr_Moon

Right then, all you anti-Jollers who would you rather (realistically) have as a manager? Don't come back with 'ohh anyone but Jol' or 'anyone who can win us a game'. Names ladies names....

Logicalman

Quote from: Mr_Moon on October 22, 2011, 11:13:14 AM
Right then, all you anti-Jollers who would you rather (realistically) have as a manager? Don't come back with 'ohh anyone but Jol' or 'anyone who can win us a game'. Names ladies names....

Margaret Thatcher, how that for a lady's name then?

Berserker

Quote from: Mr_Moon on October 22, 2011, 11:13:14 AM

Glad you said realistically, as it is also a case of which manager that would be better than Jol that would be prepared to come to Fulham  :023:
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

sipwell

No forum is complete without a silly Belgian participating!

Lighthouse

We can attract managers from both home and abroard. We are a Prem club. We are a good club. We do not have to put up with managers who are not very good. But Jol will be given time by the club as it is the Fulham way. But if at Christmas we are struggling still and out of the Europa. Jol we be asked to go I hope. Like Hughes he may be given longer. But the fact is players seem unhappy and on the pitch we can look disjointed. W have been beaten by some average sides. Look at Wolves for instance.

Belgium are unlikely to produce our next manager. A Country without a proper Government that is actually  doing better at working out its financial problems than most other places in the World. Is far to grown up for the likes of us.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

SouthfieldWhite

Quote from: zzamora on October 20, 2011, 09:59:29 PM
I believe in time for managers...but if i don't see an improvement after I return in two weeks from china I will too call for his head.

I do laugh at threads like this, best quote award  so far must undoubtably must go to zzamora, did make me laugh, as for my say, yeah let's get rid of jol, bring in a new manager and unless he wins his first 10 games, get rid of him and so on and so on

I stuck up for Hughes when 90% wanted him out, i could see what he was trying to do and did turn it around, I can also see what Jols trying to do, the difference is I think it will take a little longer as Jol realises we need to lower the average age of the squad, Ruiz hasn't had a decent run yet along with a few others, jol needs to work out his best side and once he has, I think we will be fine, but he needs to tinker a bit first, so get behind the club, were not even in January yet and people are calling for the managers head

Get to games and cheer the boys on, that what supporters do

ImperialWhite

Quote from: Lighthouse on October 22, 2011, 12:29:59 PM
But if at Christmas we are struggling still and out of the Europa. Jol we be asked to go I hope. Like Hughes he may be given longer.

And a good thing too - where would we have been had Hughes been sacked after Boxing Day? (yes, yes, I know I wanted him gone - good thing I'm not on the Fulham FC board really).

If we're firmly entrenched in the relegation zone by Christmas, let him go. But that seems very unlikely, since it's 5 points seperating top and bottom of the bottom ten.

zzamora

Quote from: SouthfieldWhite on October 22, 2011, 10:13:52 PM
Quote from: zzamora on October 20, 2011, 09:59:29 PM
I believe in time for managers...but if i don't see an improvement after I return in two weeks from china I will too call for his head.

I do laugh at threads like this, best quote award  so far must undoubtably must go to zzamora, did make me laugh, as for my say, yeah let's get rid of jol, bring in a new manager and unless he wins his first 10 games, get rid of him and so on and so on

I stuck up for Hughes when 90% wanted him out, i could see what he was trying to do and did turn it around, I can also see what Jols trying to do, the difference is I think it will take a little longer as Jol realises we need to lower the average age of the squad, Ruiz hasn't had a decent run yet along with a few others, jol needs to work out his best side and once he has, I think we will be fine, but he needs to tinker a bit first, so get behind the club, were not even in January yet and people are calling for the managers head

Get to games and cheer the boys on, that what supporters do

Here to serve! ;)

Me-ate-Live, innit??

GO FORTH AND MULTIPLY MARTIN JOL!!......................???  why ???