News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR - Who is the most despised player you ever saw (Live or TV doesn't matter)?

Started by finnster01, November 17, 2011, 04:25:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: ClarksOriginal on November 18, 2011, 02:02:38 PM
Quote from: finnster01 on November 18, 2011, 01:55:17 PM
Quote from: Pata on November 18, 2011, 01:42:47 PM
Quote from: ffcfairy on November 18, 2011, 01:06:51 PM
Quote from: Pata on November 18, 2011, 12:34:25 PM
Quote from: ffcfairy on November 18, 2011, 11:45:14 AM
And Diego Forlan....he just musnt be liked.
Why?
is that a serious question?
Yes.

Miss FFCFairy,
Please ignore this wumming russian scouser which I still don't understand why he has decided to make it his life long dedication to infest this message board with his bellicose nonsense and drivel. He is just winding you up.

We do not have many female posters on her, and I rate your posts as they are informative and add value. Mr Pata's posts add as much value to real Fulham fans as fancy hubcaps do on cars in Liverpool.

Mods, can't we just have this weasel gone forever before he drives everyone nuts (and away)? I don't get it. One rotten apple spoils the whole barrel and all that. Friends of Fulham?, my arse he is.

+1
And a very obvious +2 from me.

Pata

(reads, sighs)

Interesting how many conclusions can be drawn from a simple "why".

Presumably, he "can't be liked" because he scored goals in a European final against Fulham. Is that all it takes for a player to pop up under "despised" tag? He arguably broke Houllier's Liverpool and Jerzy Dudek's career in 2002 with the two goals at Anfield; however, as a Liverpool fan I don't feel any antipathy towards him at all.

He's been a model pro his whole career - notoriously fanatical about diet, fitness regime and all that - and it's well know that he has a bit more between his ears than your average footballer - he doesn't suffer fools gladly and thus has a reputation for being somewhat "aloof" within the game.
I'm fat, I'm Scouse

finnster01

Quote from: Pata on November 18, 2011, 02:46:50 PM
(reads, sighs)

Interesting how many conclusions can be drawn from a simple "why".

Presumably, he "can't be liked" because he scored goals in a European final against Fulham. Is that all it takes for a player to pop up under "despised" tag? He arguably broke Houllier's Liverpool and Jerzy Dudek's career in 2002 with the two goals at Anfield; however, as a Liverpool fan I don't feel any antipathy towards him at all.

He's been a model pro his whole career - notoriously fanatical about diet, fitness regime and all that - and it's well know that he has a bit more between his ears than your average footballer - he doesn't suffer fools gladly and thus has a reputation for being somewhat "aloof" within the game.

Wonderful post for the Liverpool board. I am sure they all would love it. Try it next time.

Unfortunately, how many Fulham fans do you actually think give a rats arse about: Houllier, Liverpool, Jerzy Dudek and what Diego Forlan eats?

I rest my case
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

horse1031

For me it has to be Didier Drogba.  Can not STAND the man.  Also, Diouf is a punk.

cebu

Quote from: Pata on November 18, 2011, 01:33:55 AM
Quote from: cebu on November 17, 2011, 10:08:41 PM
Rattin knew he'd been booked. He was just arrogant enough to think he could get away with it. Sent off and damn right too.
I wouldn't be so certain, given that Jack Charlton apparently only found out about his own booking from the paper the next day.
(A quick scan of the FIFA website doesn't show the Charlton booking; however, it does not have the correct times for the 3 Argentina bookings, so not sure how reliable it is.) Of course, the major confusion around the booking/sending off process gave rise to the system of yellow and red cards in time for the next World Cup.

Yes, he knew he'd been booked - even in Argentina the ref standing in front of you writing in his book means you've been booked. Rattin was an arrogant twit who got what he deserved, Mr Pata Troll.

King_Crud

Quote from: horse1031 on November 18, 2011, 03:59:31 PM
For me it has to be Didier Drogba.  Can not STAND the man.  Also, Diouf is a punk.

Actually I changed my opinion slightly of Drogba after we played the blue scum just after they signed Torres earlier this year. I sit down where the players warm up (until this season) and we were making a few comments to him warming up about how poo Torres was, he gave us a few cheeky smiles. Then Fulham were down at the Hammy end on the attack and Drogba was stood there watching, in someones way. A voice cried out "oi Drogba, get outta the way" and he ducked down and gave an apologetic wave.

Pata

Quote from: cebu on November 18, 2011, 04:01:29 PM
Quote from: Pata on November 18, 2011, 01:33:55 AM
Quote from: cebu on November 17, 2011, 10:08:41 PM
Rattin knew he'd been booked. He was just arrogant enough to think he could get away with it. Sent off and damn right too.
I wouldn't be so certain, given that Jack Charlton apparently only found out about his own booking from the paper the next day.
(A quick scan of the FIFA website doesn't show the Charlton booking; however, it does not have the correct times for the 3 Argentina bookings, so not sure how reliable it is.) Of course, the major confusion around the booking/sending off process gave rise to the system of yellow and red cards in time for the next World Cup.

Yes, he knew he'd been booked - even in Argentina the ref standing in front of you writing in his book means you've been booked. Rattin was an arrogant twit who got what he deserved, Mr Pata Troll.

It seems, what made him "arrogant" was the fact that as a captain he decided to speak up for his team. There are other viewpoints than (the somewhat xenophobic) English view of the game, which is gospel on these shores.
PS So "disagreeing" = "trolling"? That's just great.
I'm fat, I'm Scouse

FP

I will translate a quote from Rattin:

"England was outplaying us. They had us pressed in our own goal so we had to freeze the match. I ask the ref for an interpreter but he did want the delay, I insisted and insisted, he got tired of it and sent me off. I sat at the red carpet that they put for the Queen, i walked slowly to the dressing room while the threw chocolate bars to me and i twisted the England flag at the corner and show it to them. After that they thew beer cans instead of chocolate bars."

Not only a cheater but a disrespectful %$"$"$$#". He walked slowly as he wanted, showed no respect for the Queen and Flag, an absolute shame

finnster01

Quote from: FP on November 18, 2011, 04:36:21 PM

"England was outplaying us. They had us pressed in our own goal so we had to freeze the match. I ask the ref for an interpreter but he did want the delay, I insisted and insisted, he got tired of it and sent me off. I sat at the red carpet that they put for the Queen, i walked slowly to the dressing room while the threw chocolate bars to me and i twisted the England flag at the corner and show it to them. After that they thew beer cans instead of chocolate bars."

Not only a cheater but a disrespectful %$"$"$$#". He walked slowly as he wanted, showed no respect for the Queen and Flag, an absolute shame

:clap_hands: Top post by a top Fulham Fan

Pata

Ah, this is interesting. Do you have a link to the original?
Because in the version I've seen so far, the whole thing started because of a booking for a team mate (amid persistent England fouling).
As for walking slowly off the pitch and a bit of petulance after a sending off... this is surely a unique moment in world football.
I'm fat, I'm Scouse

finnster01

Quote from: Pata on November 18, 2011, 05:16:10 PM

Ah, this is interesting. Do you have a link to the original?
Because in the version I've seen so far, the whole thing started because of a booking for a team mate (amid persistent England fouling).
As for walking slowly off the pitch and a bit of petulance after a sending off... this is surely a unique moment in world football.

Why are you still here?

HatterDon

Quote from: cmg on November 18, 2011, 01:09:12 PM

Will the system not allow the word "GIN*ER"? *=G?

Perhaps you've never seen Admin in person.

As for the famous "face-off" photo above, it makes me smile that it's always used on this site to reinforce the opinion that Bremner was a bad 'un. Thing is that the "heroic figure" who is "standing up to the little criminal" is one of the dirtiest players I've ever seen. He's clearly the agressor in the photo, but he gets all the sympathy.

And as for our Russian Scoucer, many new posters may be wondering why he has a Japanese flag as his avater. Well, during last summer's Womens World Cup, Mr. Pata made repeated posts trashing the US women -- in the same smarmy way he's defending Rattin [and thanks for the quote, FP]. When the US women lost to the Japanese in the thrilling final match, he crowed loud and long and then his avatar changed.

I have NEVER recommended anyone being sent packing, but I could be convinced in his case. He's a WUM from the get-go.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Pata

Quote from: HatterDon on November 18, 2011, 06:48:21 PM
And as for our Russian Scoucer, many new posters may be wondering why he has a Japanese flag as his avater. Well, during last summer's Womens World Cup, Mr. Pata made repeated posts trashing the US women -- in the same smarmy way he's defending Rattin [and thanks for the quote, FP]. When the US women lost to the Japanese in the thrilling final match, he crowed loud and long and then his avatar changed.

I have NEVER recommended anyone being sent packing, but I could be convinced in his case. He's a WUM from the get-go.

Didn't like the USA's style of play, didn't like their win over Brazil. Japan played wonderful football the whole tournament and I wanted them to win the whole thing. Just to wind up the American users on this board? Pfffft... Yeah, right.
I'm fat, I'm Scouse

nevzter

Quote from: Pata on November 18, 2011, 07:12:11 PM
Didn't like the USA's style of play, didn't like their win over Brazil.

I know, the USA was way too soft.  And with only 10 players as well...despite a horrible call on the PK save.

And a beautiful header to level.

Yep, the USA had a horrible style of play.
"To get back my youth I would do anything in the world, except take exercise, get up early, or be respectable."

HatterDon

Quote from: nevzter on November 18, 2011, 07:44:20 PM

I know, the USA was way too soft.  And with only 10 players as well...despite a horrible call on the PK save.

How did the Russian women do, Nev? Hmmm, nope, I can't remember either.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Pata

I didn't say that the Americans were "too soft".* In fact, ESPN compared them to Stoke (whose style is very popular on this forum) after the Brazil game. Do Stoke not score "beautiful headers"?
*They weren't until the shoot out in the final, where they collapsed hilariously.
PS Plus I found the booing and villification of Marta during and after match against the USA absolutely outrageous.
I'm fat, I'm Scouse

Me-ate-Live, innit??

This reminds me of that old joke:

Q. Why can't you circumcise a Scouser?

A. Because there is no end to those pricks.

MrFantastic

My friend has a trophy wife, I guess it wasn't first place.

nevzter

Quote from: Pata on November 18, 2011, 09:21:51 PM
I didn't say that the Americans were "too soft".* In fact, ESPN compared them to Stoke (whose style is very popular on this forum) after the Brazil game. Do Stoke not score "beautiful headers"?
*They weren't until the shoot out in the final, where they collapsed hilariously.
PS Plus I found the booing and villification of Marta during and after match against the USA absolutely outrageous.

"vilification of Marta" - please, give me a break.

Oscar Wilde couldn't put it better: shove off
"To get back my youth I would do anything in the world, except take exercise, get up early, or be respectable."

Pata

I'm fat, I'm Scouse