watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Ruiz is

Started by NorthernWhite, November 19, 2011, 04:00:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NorthernWhite

Are we that good a team or our midfield playing so well that a 10.6 million signing can't start? I'll answer my own question, no.

What the hell does he have to do to start? I know it takes time to acclimatise to the Premier Leage but he's not going to do it sitting on his arse on the bench is he?

Christ, make some changes Jol and let's at least go for it in the 2nd half.

FatFreddysCat

On for Demps or Duff at 60 minutes  :54:

epsomraver

Quote from: NorthernWhite on November 19, 2011, 04:00:48 PM
Are we that good a team or our midfield playing so well that a 10.6 million signing can't start? I'll answer my own question, no.

What the hell does he have to do to start? I know it takes time to acclimatise to the Premier Leage but he's not going to do it sitting on his arse on the bench is he?

Exactly what I was thinking, only Man City can buy £10 million bench warmers, certainly not us!

finnster01

Quote from: epsomraver on November 19, 2011, 04:07:05 PM
Quote from: NorthernWhite on November 19, 2011, 04:00:48 PM

Exactly what I was thinking, only Man City can buy £10 million bench warmers, certainly not us!

In fact we have two of them...
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

Aldo

He is not ready to start for us yet! He is showing touches of potential, but still is not up to the pace of the game! It will come and he will be a good player for us soon, but he isn't there yet!

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: Aldo on November 19, 2011, 05:01:07 PM
He is not ready to start for us yet! He is showing touches of potential, but still is not up to the pace of the game! It will come and he will be a good player for us soon, but he isn't there yet!
Surely must do a better job than our England international.

leonffc

He's still not fully up to speed IMO plus, did he play for Costa Rica this week? Flying home from there may have had a bearing.

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: leonffc on November 19, 2011, 05:09:41 PM
He's still not fully up to speed IMO plus, did he play for Costa Rica this week? Flying home from there may have had a bearing.
Yeah he did, i forgot about that.

filbertfish

but if he's fit enough to be on the bench he needs more than 6 minutes on the pitch.

Mitch

If we play 4-3-3 that's two positions he can get into, Right side forward or left side. Are Duff, Mousa or Dempsey playing poorly enough to be dropped? Probably not. It'll come for Ruiz I'm sure.

MJG

Quote from: Mitch on November 19, 2011, 05:51:01 PMIf we play 4-3-3 that's two positions he can get into, Right side forward or left side. Are Duff, Mousa or Dempsey playing poorly enough to be dropped? Probably not. It'll come for Ruiz I'm sure.
you say that but Duff and Dempsey were wasting two spaces in the team today. Both should have been rested after the week they had. Fresh legs were needed in attack.

Mitch

Thought both played OK, no better than that, but a decent performance from both. No guarantee Ruiz/Kaka would've made any difference. Our bench was fairly weak too, so I can see why Jol didnt want to make unnecessary changes, because it could of left us without cover. Interesting to see Briggs come on as a left sided attacker for the last four minutes or so.

MJG

Well we have to agree to disagree on those two. I would rate Etuhu the best of the four main midfielders. I thought Duff tried to get involved but just did not happen, and as someone else has said Dempsey  looked bored.
I would have liked to have  seen Ruiz and Kasami  on after maybe 70 mins.

Berserker

I worry abit lately about making late changes unless we are absolutely safe or have nothing to lose as we often seem to concede goals in the late stages of a game
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: MJG on November 19, 2011, 06:20:10 PM
Well we have to agree to disagree on those two. I would rate Etuhu the best of the four main midfielders. I thought Duff tried to get involved but just did not happen, and as someone else has said Demise looked bored.
I would have liked to have  seen Ruiz and Kasami  on after maybe 70 mins.
I think it was you, might be wrong who pointed out that the same old players have been losing away for four years, why not try Ruiz, Kasami, Gecov, Briggs, frei etc? they gave a good Chelsea team a game for 120 minutes, they may have lost today, or they may have gone for it trying to win their place, who knows? Must admit i'd have took a point today though, Only Wigan was a must win, and we did, luckily. COYWS.

MJG

Quote from: FatFreddysCat on November 19, 2011, 07:44:50 PM
Well we have to agree to disagree on those two. I would rate Etuhu the best of the four main midfielders. I thought Duff tried to get involved but just did not happen, and as someone else has said Demise looked bored.
I think it was you, might be wrong who pointed out that the same old players have been losing away for four years, why not try Ruiz, Kasami, Gecov, Briggs, frei etc? they gave a good Chelsea team a game for 120 minutes, they may have lost today, or they may have gone for it trying to win their place, who knows? Must admit i'd have took a point today though, Only Wigan was a must win, and we did, luckily. COYWS.
yes i have been pushing that pov since the stoke game when we were looking for reasons.
Just over 300 away fans watching the same team we have had for the last few years. No wonder more are not going. Yes great to get a point but Jesus having to watch performances like that every other week and spending somewhere around £100 a time..i don't think so.
Give fans something And more might go and that's not about getting dour draws away in the north  east.

Burt

Quote from: MJG on November 19, 2011, 07:52:14 PM
Quote from: FatFreddysCat on November 19, 2011, 07:44:50 PM
yes i have been pushing that pov since the stoke game when we were looking for reasons.
Just over 300 away fans watching the same team we have had for the last few years. No wonder more are not going. Yes great to get a point but Jesus having to watch performances like that every other week and spending somewhere around £100 a time..i don't think so.
Give fans something And more might go and that's not about getting dour draws away in the north  east.

Fair points well made. Most of the team have got in to the habit of not winning away, and not being more adventurous away. Perhaps it is time to mix it up a bit.

Jack Fulham

The only viable reason I can see for Ruiz not starting was because he'd been in South America. I suppose Arsenal will be a good game for him to start in.

finnster01

Quote from: Jack Fulham on November 20, 2011, 12:52:41 AM
The only viable reason I can see for Ruiz not starting was because he'd been in South America. I suppose Arsenal will be a good game for him to start in.

Ruiz is one thing, but what do you think a Van Persie on song can do against that back 4 at the emirates...?  :026:
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

Lighthouse

Quote from: finnster01 on November 20, 2011, 12:59:11 AM
Quote from: Jack Fulham on November 20, 2011, 12:52:41 AM

Ruiz is one thing, but what do you think a Van Persie on song can do against that back 4 at the emirates...?  :026:

You are forgetting that we will have Riise and Kelly back. Ner just kidding fp.gif
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope