watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Great Fulham Clear-Out

Started by White Noise, December 02, 2011, 08:54:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SoCalJoe

Let me steal a quote (and only a couple of words have been changed  :022:) in regards to Dempsey's 'greedy' nature;

'Greed for a lack of a better word is good. Greed is right. Greed works. Greed clarifies, cuts through, and captures the essence of the evolutionary spirit. Greed in all of its' forms; greed for life, for money, for love, for knowledge, and for goals has marked the upward surge of mankind. Greed, you mark my words will not only save our Premier League standing, but that other malfunctioning unit known as the Fulham frontline, thank you'.
You can observe a lot by just watching.

BalDrick

Cigarettes and women be the death of me, better that than this old town

os5889

BalDrick

No mate, Gordon Gekko - Wall Street film.
Cigarettes and women be the death of me, better that than this old town

os5889

Quote from: BalDrick on December 02, 2011, 07:56:09 PM
No mate, Gordon Gekko - Wall Street film.

Had my Fulham hat on! To think thats one of my favourite films... The shame!

Rambling_Syd_Rumpo

this is the line in the sand,if we don't clear out now next season we could be in a hell of a lot more trouble than we are now.
As for the Dempsey question he seems to be playing without a plan,if Jol hasn't got a plan for him cash in and sell
AJ get rid first chance we get
Zamora-doesn't score enough goals never has,very moody,possibly a trouble maker in the dressing room-sell
Duff,not getting any younger,sell
Etuhu-sell
Dembele-he he wants to stay then stay,if he doesn't as long as we get big money, fine
Riise-both of them,one can't get in the team and the other we wish he didn't-sell sell sell
Halliche-never gets his chance-sell

and the money this provides must be invested straight back into the team,and I mean the first 11 here rather than the squad

os5889

Quote from: Rambling_Syd_Rumpo on December 02, 2011, 08:58:24 PM
this is the line in the sand,if we don't clear out now next season we could be in a hell of a lot more trouble than we are now.
As for the Dempsey question he seems to be playing without a plan,if Jol hasn't got a plan for him cash in and sell
AJ get rid first chance we get
Zamora-doesn't score enough goals never has,very moody,possibly a trouble maker in the dressing room-sell
Duff,not getting any younger,sell
Etuhu-sell
Dembele-he he wants to stay then stay,if he doesn't as long as we get big money, fine
Riise-both of them,one can't get in the team and the other we wish he didn't-sell sell sell
Halliche-never gets his chance-sell

and the money this provides must be invested straight back into the team,and I mean the first 11 here rather than the squad

Its all good and well saying sell, but what players can you suggest to get it at the sale price of the above and on the Fulham wage structure?

Im getting frustrated with all this outcry and screaming to show them all the door but can anyone actually suggest a like for like replacement for any player shown the door at the price we'd get and the wages we pay?? Just screaming out out out without an argument is, backing up, rationale or proactive suggestions isnt an argument is just noise!

NB. This wasn't meant to be aimed at any one person in particular, I'd just like to know what else we could feasibly do with our squad as opposed to the cut throat off with their heads strategy....

Rambling_Syd_Rumpo

isn't that what the managers for?
there will be names floating about that Jol has scouted out that nobody has heard of ie Dembele,Hangeland and to a lesser extent Ruiz
the thing is if the player has a reputation he will be too expensive for us,but there are enough uncut diamonds out there for a team like us with a good scouting network and a bit of luck, to find :clap_hands:

os5889

Quote from: Rambling_Syd_Rumpo on December 02, 2011, 09:44:17 PM
isn't that what the managers for?
there will be names floating about that Jol has scouted out that nobody has heard of ie Dembele,Hangeland and to a lesser extent Ruiz
the thing is if the player has a reputation he will be too expensive for us,but there are enough uncut diamonds out there for a team like us with a good scouting network and a bit of luck, to find :clap_hands:

Finding one diamond like Hangeland (under Hodgson) and Dembele (under Hughes) is hard enough, chopping 6-10 players and hoping to find 6-10 gems is utterly unrealistic.

Changing the team so quickly would be madness, look at how bad Sunderland look and they were verifiably good before the revolution, what happens if we have one starting off a struggling side?!

1 or 2 in January, another few in the summer, hopefully noone expects 8 outs in January, if they are I suspect they are QPR fans hoping for our quick exit from the league.

MJG

I don't think anyone really expects a mass exodus in January, but the team needs a shake up, so i would hope the club have at least four targets to get in and we rid ourselves of three of the old core.

There have been plenty of names mentioned in here, from press links to players recommended by some of us.  A central midfielder and two out and out strikers are a must.

Burt

Don't forget we have some good youngsters coming through.

os5889

Quote from: MJG on December 02, 2011, 10:03:59 PM
I don't think anyone really expects a mass exodus in January, but the team needs a shake up, so i would hope the club have at least four targets to get in and we rid ourselves of three of the old core.

There have been plenty of names mentioned in here, from press links to players recommended by some of us.  A central midfielder and two out and out strikers are a must.

CM we have Etuhu, Murphy, Sidwell, Kasami and Gecov. Not bad players to have, I'd stick with that until the end of the season.

The links for forward players are promising, Im hoping AJ either signs a new deal and if not we should definately look to offload him and that we can find some way of strengthening up top.

Verdict is still out on Zamora, we have a massive December and it will make or break his Fulham and England career.

Rambling_Syd_Rumpo

Summer is too late,we have put this off for at least the last 2 years,the bullet has to be bitten now,playing in the championship full of regrets is the last thing any of us wish to see.
Anyhow it's only 3 first teamers,the rest are squad players-we need to lose the squad players and sign genuine first teamers

os5889

Quote from: Burt on December 02, 2011, 10:08:03 PM
Don't forget we have some good youngsters coming through.

The only youngsters I've seen anything of that based on current opportunities and performances coming through that stand to make any significant impact this season are Briggs and Frei, both of whom have shown attacking strength but a tactical naivety and inability to provide defensive support.

I think this season may be one 2 early for them but agree they have promising futures.

The rest, Im not so sure of... If they offered something special for this year, we'd have seen them by now wouldn't we?

os5889

Quote from: Rambling_Syd_Rumpo on December 02, 2011, 10:09:27 PM
Summer is too late,we have put this off for at least the last 2 years,the bullet has to be bitten now,playing in the championship full of regrets is the last thing any of us wish to see.
Anyhow it's only 3 first teamers,the rest are squad players-we need to lose the squad players and sign genuine first teamers

We'll have to agree to disagree, I hope Jol doesnt go all Bruce and have a mass turnaround as if we did I think we'd end up relegated. I may be wrong thats just my gut feeling about the matter.

The current squad has been good enough to draw with City, Twente, Arsenal and give Everton and Spurs a run for their money, Its not as weak as everyone thinks....

HatterDon

I'm surprised that Dempsey didn't leave in the summer, to tell the truth. I fully expect him to go in either January or next summer at the latest.

I wish I could believe that JAR would go in January, but we're stuck with him for the entirety of his contract and as long as Jol is gaffer. He was a HUGE mistake, but Jol can't admit that his signature signing was a flop.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

MJG

The CM area is any two from Etuhu, Murphy, Sidwell and Gecov.Kasami has played maybe 30 mins all season in that role. Gecov played against Chelsea. Jol does not seem to want/trust him to play at all in the lge.
Murphy is still important to us but the problem is that he is far too important. We are too slow and need someone with energy and fresh ideas.We play like him..pedestrian.

Johnson can go and i would not  give him a new contract, his time has gone.
BZ i would keep at least till the summer but he needs a rival or two for his place.

os5889

Quote from: MJG on December 02, 2011, 10:20:18 PM
The CM area is any two from Etuhu, Murphy, Sidwell and Gecov.Kasami has played maybe 30 mins all season in that role. Gecov played against Chelsea. Jol does not seem to want/trust him to play at all in the lge.
Murphy is still important to us but the problem is that he is far too important. We are too slow and need someone with energy and fresh ideas.We play like him..pedestrian.

Johnson can go and i would not  give him a new contract, his time has gone.
BZ i would keep at least till the summer but he needs a rival or two for his place.

We forgot Baird in the midfield...

Verdict still out on Gecov, hope he can make it, he was good in the U21 Euros but is a bit of a stick insect.

Problem is, any team below the top 6 would love someone who can play a flighted ball like Murphy and control a game like he does, he may be slow but he's more often than not controlled the game.

Also with Dixon getting back to match fitness, confidence and sharpness he's taking a lot of the burden off Murphy allowing him to play 90 minutes rather than 60 as with Sidwell and Kasami.

A case of the machine being more than the sum of its parts.

Jol has plans in place judging by his signings for the end of Murphy and Etuhu's days, transition will however have to be carefully managed and at the moment whats being tried isn't working!

Me-ate-Live, innit??

Do you really think that the clear out will be in January ???  wouldn't Jol wait until the summer ??
He says we have a small squad ...didn't he ??

There really is no rhyme or reason to Mr Jol is there ???

HatterDon

I'm smiling that Zamora seemed to be okay for us when he was in the international wilderness. Now that he's being seriously considered for Euro 2012, he's rubbish and must go. I sometimes wonder if I'm watching the same Fulham as other folks are.

I firmly believe that had Roy stayed, there would have been a huge broom in the summer of 2010 [as there was in the summer of 2009, if you'll remember]. Similarly, if MAF hadn't shoved Hughes out the door, I think there would have been a huge exodus this past summer as well. We have to have the same gaffer for 2.5-3 seasons in order for the squad to be made over in a coherent fashion. There were STILL players of Fulham's books that Roy inherited and would have loved to jettison. As much as I believe that Jol is inferior to his two predecessors, I think we HAVE to hang on to him for the next 2.5 seasons if Fulham is going to complete a transition to a younger functioning outfit.

By the way, I think all this conjecture based upon certain players being bad apples, sulking, and forming cliques is precious and silly. People are performing below standard, but I don't think that they're doing so because they're having a little pout. The things you read on here sometimes ... I just don't know.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel