watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Great Fulham Clear-Out

Started by White Noise, December 02, 2011, 08:54:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MJG

Why do you keep saying Kasami, he has hardly played next to Murphy if at all. As for Baird  again jol used him in the Chelsea game only. Im not  against Baird playing in that role just don't think Jol wants it.

Rambling_Syd_Rumpo

Quote from: os5889 on December 02, 2011, 10:14:14 PM
Quote from: Rambling_Syd_Rumpo on December 02, 2011, 10:09:27 PM
Summer is too late,we have put this off for at least the last 2 years,the bullet has to be bitten now,playing in the championship full of regrets is the last thing any of us wish to see.
Anyhow it's only 3 first teamers,the rest are squad players-we need to lose the squad players and sign genuine first teamers

We'll have to agree to disagree, I hope Jol doesnt go all Bruce and have a mass turnaround as if we did I think we'd end up relegated. I may be wrong thats just my gut feeling about the matter.

The current squad has been good enough to draw with City, Twente, Arsenal and give Everton and Spurs a run for their money, Its not as weak as everyone thinks....
and we are 3 points of the relegation places in December and in the next 6 weeks we have to face Liverpool,Man U,Arsenal and Chelsea,if results go against us we will be in the bottom three at Christmas  fp.gif fp.gif

HatterDon

Quote from: Rambling_Syd_Rumpo on December 02, 2011, 10:33:45 PM
Summer is too late,we have put this off for at least the last 2 years,the bullet has to be bitten now,playing in the championship full of regrets is the last thing any of us wish to see.
Anyhow it's only 3 first teamers,the rest are squad players-we need to lose the squad players and sign genuine first teamers

We'll have to agree to disagree, I hope Jol doesnt go all Bruce and have a mass turnaround as if we did I think we'd end up relegated. I may be wrong thats just my gut feeling about the matter.

The current squad has been good enough to draw with City, Twente, Arsenal and give Everton and Spurs a run for their money, Its not as weak as everyone thinks....
and we are 3 points of the relegation places in December and in the next 6 weeks we have to face Liverpool,Man U,Arsenal and Chelsea,if results go against us we will be in the bottom three at Christmas  fp.gif fp.gif

good thing Christmas is only four weeks away then, eh?  :011:
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

MJG

HD the team we put out yesterday was 30.8 years old on average. We can't afford to wait another year or two to shake things up. Its a long season and injury are taking there toll on some of them.
As for BZ he has been poor for 90% of the season. Forget England that has nothing to do with it, he is playing the poorest he has since he arrived.

Rambling_Syd_Rumpo

Quote from: HatterDon on December 02, 2011, 10:38:03 PM

good thing Christmas is only four weeks away then, eh?  :011:
I knew that wouldn't get past you :dft012:

os5889

On the flip side, what if they dont??

millsy

Have to agree, BZ underperforming. Not only does he not look threatening in front of goal but nothing is sticking and he doesn't even seem to be trying to get to balls which look winnable to me. His value to the team is in taking the through ball and either holding up or laying off neatly for someone. At the moment, neither is happening!

I'm unconvinced by what we've seen of Sa to date and much prefer the look of Cignac or maybe even El Hamjoui, as we can't carry on the way we are and expect to thrive.

I know Danny's struggling against hustling younger oppo and Riise seems a spent force but, overall, I'm ok with our defence and midfield, as we have plenty of good cover options e.g. Briggs, Gecov, Baidinho, Senderos, Kelly, Frei, Kasami etc.

My worry is that with an ineffectual pair like BZ and AJ, on current form, they are making our midfielders look weak and also giving our star men like Dembele, Demps, Ruiz and Duffer a lean time too.

In summary, I want to see more of our bright youngsters like Frei and Gecov and bring in some frontline competition asap as I believe a speedy and potent striker will set the rest of our good players alight.

Millsy

Berserker

Zamora's form definitley been off most of the season, he's not going to do his England career much good with performances like last night
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Mr Fulham

Don,

1.) I still don't see why Dempsey should leave.

2.) It's not really about quality re Zamora. It's about the fact that Murphy, AJ and Zamora effectively seem to have as much power as Jol. Same situation that Alan Pardew had at Newcastle last summer. He decided to offload Barton, Nolan and Enrique and replace Harper with Krul. Will Jol have the cojones to do the same with the three players?

os5889

So umm who still wants to see the kids and thinks we need a mass exodus???

064.gif 064.gif

Rambling_Syd_Rumpo

one swallow doesn't make a summer,I would still get rid of Zamora, AJ if he wont sign the contract and all the bit part players, that could be a total of 5 players out in Jan

MJG

Quote from: os5889 on December 05, 2011, 10:03:05 PM

064.gif 064.gif
well lets see, BZ was crap  again. Aj  i would not offer another contract. Duff will find it hard to get back, Murphy is 35 next year.

Its one game..you have to look at the bigger picture.

os5889

Its not 1 game though is it, good against sunderland, arsenal and liverpool, sure a blip v twente but I'm impressed that the older guys appear to have settled more into a jol-ly formation and look good again.

Up the whites

NogoodBoyo

I've said this before and it needs saying again both after the Twente game and after today.  Last week, Frei was barged off the ball several times like a paper bag in an underpass.  And Briggs hasn't played for us much since early in the seaon for the same reason.  As big as he is, he was dispossessed far too easily.  It just doesn't happen to the older geezers.  
So, as aged as it is, this grizzled team of 30.8 year olds is tough if somewhat pedestrian.  But the big teams find them very difficult to play against!  Ask Mancity, Spurms, Arsenewengeral, now Liverpuddle.  The core players have known each other and played together for years.  Discard that at our peril.
Youth is already here in the shape of Ruiz and Dembele.  Trouble is, they'll be hard to keep hold of.  Dembele is now playing for the shop window and a massive contract (elsewhere, I'm afraid).  Jol is playing along as he probably thinks Ruiz can take his place next season - even January if the Belgian fetches the money we deserve.  
The younger talent - Briggs, Frei, Gecov, Kasami - will wait in the wings, learning the game.  They will be introduced very gradually and not en masse as against Chelsea.
In conclusion, I doubt we'll see as much change as most want.  Jol will let trouble-makers go - Zamora, Johnson and Etuhu (if he splinters in the bench too much for his liking).  (NB: Big D - in your century-long business career, you cannot possibly tell me you didn't see the damage caused by old stalwarts who in their reluctance to give up the limelight, their over-inflated packages and their waning influence spent large portions of their days slowly poisoning the well with their political shenanigans!  I have little doubt that this is going on at Fulham).
In conclusion, change will be incremental; the two front boys to men will go sooner rather than later.  We'll probably get only one or two oldies in to replace them along with a couple of untried no-name yet talented youngsters.
Nogood "it's the Fulham way, itis" Boyo

Mr Fulham

Quote from: os5889 on December 05, 2011, 10:03:05 PM

064.gif 064.gif

Me.