watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR: Belgium has a government

Started by sipwell, December 05, 2011, 02:02:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sipwell

We still are the laughing stock of Europe but at least we can be the laughing stock with a FUNCTIONING government. It took us 540 days BUT WE DID IT.  :yay:

Watch out economical crisis: you are going down and you are going down HARD!

Rejoice with me!  :beer:
No forum is complete without a silly Belgian participating!

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: sipwell on December 05, 2011, 02:02:32 PM
We still are the laughing stock of Europe but at least we can be the laughing stock with a FUNCTIONING government. It took us 540 days BUT WE DID IT.  :yay:

Watch out economical crisis: you are going down and you are going down HARD!

Rejoice with me!  :beer:

Trust the Belgians to have an 'economical crisis' whilst larger nations are having full blown economic crises

MJG

Is that such a good thing, I mean look at how other countries are doing and they have govements?

sipwell

Quote from: MJG on December 05, 2011, 02:05:35 PM
Is that such a good thing, I mean look at how other countries are doing and they have govements?

Yes, because our credit rating got lowered because of the absence of a government. And yes, because the caretaker government could not take a lot of measures to tackle the economic crisis!!!

Quote from: AlFayedsChequebook on December 05, 2011, 02:05:13 PM

Trust the Belgians to have an 'economical crisis' whilst larger nations are having full blown economic crises

Learn Dutch, French or German and then we'll talk again about using the right words all the time in a tongue that isn't your mother tongue. :)

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: sipwell on December 05, 2011, 02:29:04 PM

Yes, because our credit rating got lowered because of the absence of a government. And yes, because the caretaker government could not take a lot of measures to tackle the economic crisis!!!

Learn Dutch, French or German and then we'll talk again about using the right words all the time in a tongue that isn't your mother tongue. :)

Another way to wind up Sipwell, go for the vocab/grammar!

The Equalizer

Quote from: AlFayedsChequebook on December 05, 2011, 02:33:09 PM
Quote from: sipwell on December 05, 2011, 02:29:04 PM

Another way to wind up Sipwell, go for the vocab/grammar!

Or just his squirrel bonce.
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

LBNo11

...it's all downhill from here, at least there aren't many hills there.. :dft012:
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

MJG

Quote from: LBNo11 on December 05, 2011, 02:38:57 PM
...it's all downhill from here, at least there aren't many hills there.. :dft012:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_mountains_and_hills_in_Belgium
List of mountains or hills in Belgium

Signal de Botrange (694 m)
Weißer Stein (693 m)
Baraque Michel (674 m)
Baraque de Fraiture (652 m)
Mont-Rigi (610 m)
Massif de Saint-Hubert (589 m)
Plateau de Recogne-Bastogne (569m)
Côte de Stockeu (506 m)
Croix Scaille (505 m)
Vaalserberg (323 m)
Kemmelberg (159 m)
Pottelberg (157 m)
Mont St-Aubert (149 m)
Kluisberg (141 m)
Pellenberg (106 m)
Koppenberg (77 m)
Beerzelberg (52 m)
Wolvenberg (51 m)
Hoge Blekker (35 m)

sipwell

we don't have hills in Belgium, just mountains. And as I have explained endlessly to foreigners: it doesn't matter how "high" the thing is, it is a bloody mountain (as you can see from MJG's list: "berg" means mountain, not hill. The latter is heuvel).

MJG

Beerzelberg (52 m)
Wolvenberg (51 m)
Hoge Blekker (35 m)

How can these count? Nelson's column for example is about 52m high.
Talk about making a mountain out of a mole hill.

Vinnieffc

If Mr Sipwell says it's a mountain, a mountain it bloody is !!!  085.gif

LBNo11

...Jordan lying on her back would be considered a mountain range in Belgium..!
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

sipwell

Quote from: Vinnieffc on December 05, 2011, 03:02:26 PM
If Mr Sipwell says it's a mountain, a mountain it bloody is !!!  085.gif

Please contact the Belgian Embassy to collect your "honorary citizen of Belgium" medal.

ImperialWhite

First order of business: get a new (bigger) pissing baby statue.

It's rubbish!

:hook:

luckykat

Quote from: LBNo11 on December 05, 2011, 03:08:01 PM
Really? Thought that's what she did in bed on a cold winter's night to keep her ears warm!

ClarksOriginal

Quote from: luckykat on December 05, 2011, 03:27:03 PM
Quote from: LBNo11 on December 05, 2011, 03:08:01 PM
Really? Thought that's what she did in bed on a cold winter's night to keep her ears warm!

064.gif
@sonikkicks on Twitter.

RidgeRider

I knew there were no REAL hills there though Sippy has been trying to convince me the Flanders course would wear me out.....something about the wind and hills :dft012:

sipwell

Quote from: RidgeRider on December 05, 2011, 03:56:46 PM

I knew there were no REAL hills there though Sippy has been trying to convince me the Flanders course would wear me out.....something about the wind and hills :dft012:

I can already imagine the smile on my face when you'll try to climb these mountains. That will be so much fun!

RidgeRider

Quote from: sipwell on December 05, 2011, 03:58:44 PM

I can already imagine the smile on my face when you'll try to climb these mountains. That will be so much fun!

I am training for that course this off season. I have created a route I call the Tour of Flanders that I have taken some of my fellow racing buddies and wore them out because the hills are so pitchey, but shortish....like your hills (nipples)...oh, I mean mountains.  :dft012:

By the way, do me favor and track down Johan Van Summeren and buy him a meal please!!!

sipwell

Quote from: RidgeRider on December 05, 2011, 04:03:56 PM
Quote from: sipwell on December 05, 2011, 03:58:44 PM

I am training for that course this off season. I have created a route I call the Tour of Flanders that I have taken some of my fellow racing buddies and wore them out because the hills are so pitchey, but shortish....like your hills (nipples)...oh, I mean mountains.  :dft012:

By the way, do me favor and track down Johan Van Summeren and buy him a meal please!!!

You try to copy the Tour of Flanders in America?  064.gif
You are aware that you'll have to put your foot down after 5 metres because of the cobble stones (which you don't have), don't you?