watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Is Anyone Expecting Us To Win At Spurs?

Started by White Noise, May 08, 2012, 10:37:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

White Noise

http://www.fulhamchronicle.co.uk/london-sport/fulham-fc/2012/05/08/fulham-boss-gears-up-for-spurs-return-64767-30926099/

Fulham boss gears up for Spurs return

By Yann Tear

May 8 2012

MARTIN Jol admits he would not have been relishing his emotional return to White Hart Lane, had Fulham needed points to stay up in their final game of the season.

Tottenham will be gunning for victory in Sunday's last day of action in the Premier League, in the hope of overtaking arch-rivals Arsenal for third place. That is now the only guarantee of a Champions League spot next season.

But the Whites manager – who makes his first visit since being fired from the Spurs hotseat - says neither he nor his team will be feeling any pressure this weekend, now they have achieved their objective of finishing in the top half.

"At the start of the season, when I saw the schedule, and I saw the game against Spurs in the last game of the season, I thought it could be difficult," Jol said.

"An away game at Spurs, if there's a lot to play for, is a difficult game. But now we have 52 points, there's no problem and we can enjoy the day. There's not a lot of pressure on us.

"It will be nice to have three points and, I wanted to say spoil their day, but of course we don't want that. I would like Spurs to play in the Champions League, of course.

"But on the other hand, if we can get three points there, we can get to seventh. It will be exciting and I love this excitement."

Jol left Tottenham under a cloud six years ago when he nearly qualified them for a Champions League spot. He insists he bears no grudges towards their chairman Daniel Levy for giving him the elbow, but he will enjoy the opportunity of getting one over his old team – now that Fulham can approach the match in relaxed fashion.

Read More http://www.fulhamchronicle.co.uk/london-sport/fulham-fc/2012/05/08/fulham-boss-gears-up-for-spurs-return-64767-30926099/#ixzz1uJgU8DFO

Blingo

Berserker

Nope. Just looking forward to the experience as haven't been there before. Hope its a sunny day like the Bolton match.
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

finnster01

If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

nickmuir

if we put a good shift in we can come away with something plus we need to win and to rival liverpool 

DUKE

Matt Inglis

All the Spurs fans I know are expecting us to win. Strange.
There's only one Emma's burger stand.

nevzter

If ever moreso in recent memory, I can't recall, but Spurs are ripe for the taking.  But, do I "expect" a victory?  No.  However, a win would put me over the moon.

COYW
"To get back my youth I would do anything in the world, except take exercise, get up early, or be respectable."

Jimbobob

Quote from: finnster01 on May 09, 2012, 12:31:05 AM
Yes we can!!

COYW!!

:dft007: :dft008: :dft007: Gosh Finn I sure do wish we would.
Jol seems to want both: Fart Spur in Champions League and Fulham to finish 7th.
Can't have both outcomes. I want us to win. After the ups and downs and the length of time they have been playing I want to go out with all three...but I know that is asking a great deal from White Fart Lane....
"You don't want to be trapped inside with me sunshine. Inside, I'm somebody nobody wants to love with do you understand?

HatterDon

after dominating them at the Cottage and losing at the last gasp, I want to beat these humpties more than anyone in the league.

I don't think we will, mind, but I'd really like us to put Newcastle above them.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Jimbobob

Quote from: HatterDon on May 09, 2012, 05:24:02 AM
after dominating them at the Cottage and losing at the last gasp, I want to beat these humpties more than anyone in the league.

I don't think we will, mind, but I'd really like us to put Newcastle above them.

+1 :54:
"You don't want to be trapped inside with me sunshine. Inside, I'm somebody nobody wants to love with do you understand?

The Equalizer

I think our away form mentality changes once the pressure of gaining points is off. I wouldn't be surprised if we did beat them.
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

AlFayedsChequebook

Its all up to Spurs really - they are under pressure and struggling, but if they play to their potential, they should win.

If a below par or overly nervous Spurs turn up, Fulham should come away with a draw if not a win.

RidgeRider

Quote from: HatterDon on May 09, 2012, 05:24:02 AM

I agree with everything except I think we will. Tottenham have been very inconsistent at home since the beginning of March. Yes, they are trying to hold onto a CL spot but they are not playing confidently and are boys are...I also think D&D will want to go out with a bang and 7th is available. It will all depend on whether or not Jol can get the boys "up for it" this week and give them a reason to play their backsides off.

SKSW6

I'm going to the match expecting a loss, but hoping for a Fulham win/QPR relegation party.

BalDrick

Depends on whether we can start to convert a better percentage of our chances, which has to be a project for next season. Not being funny but we could have scored 5 or 6 on Sunday, yet once again we were hanging on at the end. Okay hanging on is a bit strong because I never thought they'd equalise again, but the point is we only won by one goal in a game we were by far the better side. Doubt we'll get so many chances this weekend.

Wish I was going actually.
Cigarettes and women be the death of me, better that than this old town

FatFreddysCat

sipwell

No forum is complete without a silly Belgian participating!

LukeJennings

I can't see why we won't be able to, with everton loosing to Newcastle putting them in CL instead of spurs and us ahead of everton, who is liverpooks last game against?
Twitter; @lukealele

My YouTube channel - http://m.youtube.com/user/LukeJennings9

Please subscribe!