watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Stuart Holden To Fulham

Started by White Noise, May 18, 2012, 03:27:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

White Noise

I know its all just rumours, and this one a Twitter rumour at that, but could anyone see any logic in a move for Holden?

Fella ‏@FellaOfficial

being told that Stuart Holden has a relegation clause in his contract and is likely to be triggered. Fulham and Swansea intrested #BWFC

Zu-Meister

ClarksOriginal

Yes please, as long as his knee decides to stay in its socket.
@sonikkicks on Twitter.

BarryP

I could see the sense in it for Fulham but I am not so sure I could see the sense in it for Holden unless he planned on moving back out to the right wing for a year or until Mr. Murphy decides he is finally done.  I think he would fit the Murphy role pretty well but with no European football he would certainly not have a nailed down spot for the coming season.
"Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never--in nothing, great or small, large or petty--never give in, except to convictions of honor and good sense."

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: BarryP on May 18, 2012, 03:36:16 PM
I could see the sense in it for Fulham but I am not so sure I could see the sense in it for Holden unless he planned on moving back out to the right wing for a year or until Mr. Murphy decides he is finally done.  I think he would fit the Murphy role pretty well but with no European football he would certainly not have a nailed down spot for the coming season.

A season that eases him back into a central midfield role might do him good.

Or we continue playing 4-3-3 and he takes Moussa's place.

BarryP

Quote from: AlFayedsChequebook on May 18, 2012, 03:41:31 PM
A season that eases him back into a central midfield role might do him good.

I wouldn't argue with that at all but Holden always struck me as having a bit of the bulldog in him and getting him to sit on a bench for a seaon might rub him the wrong way. My guess is he will want to be playing to make an impression on Klinsmann for the 2014 World Cup. 

Quote from: AlFayedsChequebook on May 18, 2012, 03:41:31 PM
Or we continue playing 4-3-3 and he takes Moussa's place.

I am a big Holden fan but every time I have seen him played forward it hasn't worked well.  He seems more of a Murphy than a Dembele to me.  Don't get me wrong if he winds up a Fulham man I will be well pleased.  I am sure Jol can figure out how to use him.  If nothing else he has a terrific free kick.
"Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never--in nothing, great or small, large or petty--never give in, except to convictions of honor and good sense."

The King

Yes please. A classy player, and he'll fill our American quota if Dempsey leaves.

Crede15

I think he's more of a box to box midfielder than a true Murphy replacement (Diarra's more of a Murphy type player IMO). Holden's got a good touch, passes well, but I think his stamina and workrate are his best attributes. I believe he lead the Premier League in successful tackles last year. A better Sidwell, when he's healthy.

Walsh

I can't see this happening sorry to say.

zzamora

Yes! A very classy player and a fantastic midfield general IMHO

Frankie-Peter Taylor

Stuart Holden and Chong-Yong Lee are the reason that Bolton went down. Stuart Holden is superb, I do see this happening, especially if we're getting rid of Sidwell, Etuhu and probably Dembele too.

Sheepskin Junior

I think he'd be a great replacement if Dembele goes and could easily slip in with Murphy and Diarra
Youngest ever member. Just saying.

@LouieJW2507

MJG

How many games has he played this season? I think its only 1, so he's coming off a season missed and would take another 6 months to get up to match fitness I would say.
I saw him in Bolton Reserves against us earler in the season and he was coming back from an injury then and was pretty poor TBH.

ElissonSnygg

Yes. Very classy player. Big fan.
Official board member of the Swedish Supporter Club - FFC Sweden.

Twitter: @ElissonSnygg

SoCalJoe

Can't see Bolton selling him since his value is next to nothing at the moment. If he returns to pre-injury form next season and the Wanderers don't bounce back up, then he'll go. Holden wants to pay back the club back for sticking by him through injuries (they extended his contract a couple seasons ago even after the cretin De Jong broke his ankle in a friendly).
You can observe a lot by just watching.

valdeingruo

If up to full tilt then yes, but he seems like the kind of player who would stick by Bolton as they have stuck by him during his past two knee injuries.
Self proclaimed tactical genius, football manager approved.

http://imgur.com/a/A1mhi

Matt Inglis

Signing players that have just been relegated isn't really our style though is it?
There's only one Emma's burger stand.

valdeingruo

Quote from: Matt Inglis on May 18, 2012, 06:21:35 PM
Signing players that have just been relegated isn't really our style though is it?

If a few of their players had been uninjured, i.e. Holden they wouldn't have got the results they had. However i do like to think we are becoming a club where we don't have to look over the relegated bargain bin.
Self proclaimed tactical genius, football manager approved.

http://imgur.com/a/A1mhi

Matt Inglis

Quote from: andersons11 on May 18, 2012, 06:28:46 PM
Quote from: Matt Inglis on May 18, 2012, 06:21:35 PM

If a few of their players had been uninjured, i.e. Holden they wouldn't have got the results they had. However i do like to think we are becoming a club where we don't have to look over the relegated bargain bin.
Don't get me wrong I have no issues with it! We have never signed a player from a team newly relegated except DD.
There's only one Emma's burger stand.

Jack Fulham

Would love Holden but if he's got dodgy knees, he won't pass our medical!