more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Fulham Plan £5m Swoop For Anderlecht Striker Dieumerci Mbokani

Started by White Noise, May 22, 2012, 09:22:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

White Noise

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/article4158639.ece

FULHAM aim to pip Liverpool and Spurs with a £5million swoop for Anderlecht striker Dieumerci Mbokani, 26.

fulhamben

CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

AlFayedsChequebook

Where is Sipwell with his 'he can be excellent when he wants but is also moody and can stop trying' quote?

fulhamben

Quote from: AlFayedsChequebook on May 22, 2012, 09:27:35 AM
Where is Sipwell with his 'he can be excellent when he wants but is also moody and can stop trying' quote?
i dont know but im more worried about him dissapeering for a month in the criticle part of the season every 2 years
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

NorthernWhite

Here are his thoughts back in February:-

http://www.friendsoffulham.com/forum/index.php?topic=19852.0

sipwell

It seems that the loss of his son early in this year has changed the man considerably. He is now a very good striker who has been decisive for Anderlecht in their title victory. You have to know that the Belgian Premier League has a weird system: you play a competition with 16 teams. After the regular competition, the top 6 teams lose half of the points they gathered and start afresh. Anderlecht was dominantly leading after the regular competition but saw its margin eaten by a number of bad games in the play-offs (Mbokani was injured). Then Mr. Mbokani showed up again and he scored one important goal after the other. He carried the weight of the team and dragged them through the play-offs. Anderlecht was in a bit of a panic but managed to grab the title - deservedly - in the end.

My biggest concern is the fact that I fear Mbokani's knowledge of English is as good as this board member's knowledge of French. He has only played for French speaking teams so far. Language is an issue which is in my opinion often overlooked. It explains why the likes of Ruiz et alii have a hard time settling in. It is not easy to become part of a group which speaks almost uniquely English (and some Norwegian, Scandinavian on the side).
No forum is complete without a silly Belgian participating!

dgnffc

Interesting to see in the video above, his teammates Dembele and Fellaini

ClarksOriginal

Quote from: fulhamben on May 22, 2012, 09:37:33 AM
i dont know but im more worried about him dissapeering for a month in the criticle part of the season every 2 years

They have not qualified since 2006.

The thing I am worried about is that he went to Wolfsburg on loan and didn't score a single goal.
@sonikkicks on Twitter.

sipwell

Quote from: dgnffc on May 22, 2012, 10:07:29 AM

He never played together with Dembele. With Fellaini yes, with Dembele no.

Quote from: ClarksOriginal on May 22, 2012, 10:17:23 AM
The thing I am worried about is that he went to Wolfsburg on loan and didn't score a single goal.

Was in his bad spell. Now he is a changed man (since 2012).

dgnffc

Quote from: sipwell on May 22, 2012, 10:19:17 AM

I must be getting with someone else then. 31 seconds in, number 30 comes to celebrate the goal with him and the name on his shirt ends ..mbele. I just put 2+2 together. There's also another celebration later where the number 30 again celebrates and I'm sure the name begins 'Dembel...'

Jack Fulham

I remember we were interested in him prior to his move to Monaco. I think the fact that he flopped in France will put a lot of teams off but he's still relatively young so maybe he is worth a punt.

jarv

Mbokani + Rhodes wow. Where are they all going to fit in?

TWFL

Quote from: sipwell on May 22, 2012, 09:51:26 AM

My biggest concern is the fact that I fear Mbokani's knowledge of English is as good as this board member's knowledge of French. He has only played for French speaking teams so far. Language is an issue which is in my opinion often overlooked. It explains why the likes of Ruiz et alii have a hard time settling in. It is not easy to become part of a group which speaks almost uniquely English (and some Norwegian, Scandinavian on the side).
I think he might be ok, we have players like Senderos, Halliche and youngsters who all speak French. But I agree the language barrier is so often overlooked especially when a new foreign player comes in and does not do so great..

Andy_M

We have been linked with this guy so many times over the past few years. On Sipwell's reviews he now seems like a worthwhile signing.

We were linked with Papiss Cisse so many times and nothing ever materialised, I'd hate this to also be the case with Mbokani.
@got_maile

SmithyFFC

Weren't we linked with this guy when Hughes was in charge?
FTID

Zu-Meister

Andy_M

We've been linked with this guy numerous times over the years, hence my previous post.  :008:

Quote from: Zu-Meister on May 22, 2012, 11:44:11 AM
Quote from: FulhamFan2 on May 22, 2012, 11:41:20 AM
Weren't we linked with this guy when Hughes was in charge?
and hodgson
@got_maile

cmg

Blimey, an old-fashioned centre forward. Thank God.

With this bloke, Rhodes, Lopez, Hernandez, Narsingh and Assaidi along with young Seb (and possibly his old man) we should be good for about 200 goals next season. Presumably Pog will be selling programmes outside the Putney end. Good job we're getting shot of Dempsey.

sipwell

Quote from: dgnffc on May 22, 2012, 10:56:33 AM
Quote from: sipwell on May 22, 2012, 10:19:17 AM

I must be getting with someone else then. 31 seconds in, number 30 comes to celebrate the goal with him and the name on his shirt ends ..mbele. I just put 2+2 together. There's also another celebration later where the number 30 again celebrates and I'm sure the name begins 'Dembel...'

That is Siramana Dembele :)

Dembele is actually a fairly common name in Mali. A bit like Jones in the UK. Everyone is called Jones there.