watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Who do you support?

Started by finnster01, May 24, 2012, 08:21:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

finnster01

So in the friendly vs Norway we will have RH leading his first England team vs a Norway team with two Fulham players ( Hangers & JAR).

Team or country for you? Difficullt choice actually but since there will be no CSKA Chelsea players, I may shout for England again.
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

HatterDon

If the mighty dynamo that is BHR doesn't get on the pitch, England stand a good chance. Still, I root for the side that has Fulham players in the squad. England have none, so I'll only watch them if no Fulham player is on view elsewhere.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Berserker

Can i wish for a draw or does one team have to win
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Burt

Easy.

National team wins through any time.

Apart from if we play Australia (given I am half Oz). But even then it would probably be England, given I have lived here all my life.

TWFL

Quote from: Burt on May 24, 2012, 10:35:49 PM
Easy.

National team wins through any time.

Apart from if we play Australia (given I am half Oz). But even then it would probably be England, given I have lived here all my life.
I agree in my opinion it has to be nation ahead of club, every time.

leonffc

National team obviously but either way, ROY!!  000en.gif

Blingo

CorkedHat

I am half Welsh. half English and an Australian national, but I defiantly support England in everything. Players for Fulham are ephemeral. Being English is forever 000en.gif
What we do for others will live on. What we do for ourselves will die with us

alfie

Quote from: CorkedHat on May 25, 2012, 08:04:35 AM
I am half Welsh. half English and an Australian national, but I defiantly support England in everything. Players for Fulham are ephemeral. Being English is forever 000en.gif

+1 000en.gif
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

malcbridger

The Equalizer

Couldn't give a monkey's. I stopped following the English national football team 2 years ago.

I will always follow the English cricket and rugby teams though.
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

Frankie-Peter Taylor

I am a proud Englishman and also a proud Fulham supporter. Firstly I want England to win but want players like John Arne and Brede to put in good performances, same occurs for Moussa Dembele when we play Belgium.

I also want to see Roy Hodgson get off to flyer and silence the pathetic English media.

AlFayedsChequebook

Will be hoping it is an assured performance from England.

SKSW6

England. Depressing state of affairs when anything else is being considered, but not entirely unimaginable.

Mitch

sipwell

England... as I want Belgium to be the first nation to beat them under Hodgson.
No forum is complete without a silly Belgian participating!

The King

I'm just hoping we manage to beat the powerhouse of Baltic football that is Estonia.

jarv

Easy decision.....  I am a Scot. 086.gif

Chesh

It's simple for me. I'm English, and I want them to win against any other team. Similarly, I was brought up, and proud to be a Fulham fan, and want them to win every match as well.

However, I don't understand when people want England to lose because the opponents have got a couple of current Fulham players in it. Especially when that match is more important to England than the opponents.

Similarly, if the the likes of Terry or Cole joined Fulham, would these same people stop supporting Fulham, in the same way they couldn't care less about England?

Really don't understand that. England and Fulham every time for me - individual players come and go.
Made in Hammersmith (1968)

cmg

Easy for me, too. I'm English. Despite some Irish and US grandparentage, nothing can change that. Enthusiasm (slightly boosted by Hodgson's appointment) has been at a low ebb of recent years, but, as with Fulham, it would be impossible to change.

I suppose I can slightly understand the attitude of those who have experienced only the rather unsuccessful and, sometimes, downright murky years.
But football is a matter of ups and downs. Fulham have provided plenty of both. But England provided me with what was (outside immediate family concerns) the best moment of my life. You don't turn your back on that kind of stuff.

The presence of Fulham players in the Norwegian side adds to the interest. I hope they play really well and end up, uninjured, on the loosing side.