watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Oh no, Oranje - New 12/13 kits impressions - merged

Started by AllyWhite, May 31, 2012, 10:31:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cottage cheese

the last kit i actually brought was the puma one with the black sleeve.
Since then we have had a car crash involving airness, a rugby shirt with nike (i liked it but it just looked odd on a football pitch) and moving on to skin tight shirts.....sort it out

The Equalizer

Let me guess, we're getting Terry O'Connor as our new manager?
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

horse1031

wow Kappa is struggling here.  I feel like they try and be different but it comes off as being busy and messy.  I dont like the black on the sides or on the collar.  Can't we just have an orange shirt with black shorts.  Black and orange top with white end of sleeves, white shorts and white and orange socks?   What a combo.  Oh well, we play with our home shirts 80 % of the time anyways.  I guess at the end of the day it is not terrible but could have looked really nice.

PLEASE BRING BACK NIKE

Andy_M

Quote from: ElissonSnygg on June 06, 2012, 01:29:17 PM
Quote from: sipwell on June 06, 2012, 01:08:33 PM
Quote from: ElissonSnygg on June 06, 2012, 01:07:57 PM
When is the home shirt available for preview?

After this shocker, do you look forward to that moment?

I do look forward for something better than this asap.

It would be pretty hard to do worse!  090.gif
@got_maile

sweek

Please no Nike. Could we go for Umbro? Nice, simple designs.

The Doctor

Quote from: sweek on June 06, 2012, 02:30:54 PM

About the only major manufacturer we've not had in the Al Fayed era.  Wouldn't be at all surprised if that happened.  Watch it be Reebok now...

dishEJtheRock!

I dont know if ive felt this let down in a while. I was expecting a full orange... well i dont know. i hate the sleeves being black. ehh maybe it will grow on me, but im definitly not buying it now

White Noise

Interestingly the response on Twitter seemed to be about 60:40 thumbs down to thumbs up but there was a fair amount of 'I'll reserve judgement until I see it in the flesh' and 'It looks a lot better on the players than  the intial pic' type comments.

Its a difficult one for the club in that they wanted to try something radical and imaginative and totally different to anything we have done before and it has not lived up to the expectations of many. The intial idea seemed to win majority approval but the end result seems to fail pricipally because it is neither one thing another.

I wonder whether the club use any focus groups of fans to run these sort of ideas up the flagpole to see who salutes them? :59:

Oiseau

Quote from: The Doctor on June 06, 2012, 02:38:40 PM

About the only major manufacturer we've not had in the Al Fayed era.  Wouldn't be at all surprised if that happened.  Watch it be Reebok now...

I really, really love Umbro's shirts at the moment. The Sweden shirt, City away and Rangers are all superb. I can't name a shirt they're made recently that I've disliked.

Nike have been bringing out some horrendous kits for next season including Barcelona's ombre orange and yellow and United's gingham. It's probably just an off season for them, though. It's not easy to come up with a different kit year on year.

EJL

The Equalizer

Quote from: White Noise on June 06, 2012, 02:58:52 PM
I wonder whether the club use any focus groups of fans to run these sort of ideas up the flagpole to see who salutes them? :59:

The Chairman of the Fulham Supporter's Trust is a Dutch Wolves supporter with a Phil Brown fixation, so they may have been asked.  :005:
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

EJL

Quote from: Oiseau on June 06, 2012, 03:01:40 PM
Quote from: The Doctor on June 06, 2012, 02:38:40 PM

About the only major manufacturer we've not had in the Al Fayed era.  Wouldn't be at all surprised if that happened.  Watch it be Reebok now...

I really, really love Umbro's shirts at the moment. The Sweden shirt, City away and Rangers are all superb. I can't name a shirt they're made recently that I've disliked.

Nike have been bringing out some horrendous kits for next season including Barcelona's ombre orange and yellow and United's gingham. It's probably just an off season for them, though. It's not easy to come up with a different kit year on year.
I think in around 2007 or 2008, every shirt they produced had the same horrible design, but since then their shirts have been pretty decent (bar England)

elgreenio

Umbro appear to be going south, Nike are selling it off.

Would have liked something simple, thinking the 08/09 kit but in Orange.

touch my camera through the fence

Fulham1959

Can't believe that no one has said . . .

"Do I not like orange!"

Southdowns White

Looks like a bit of a confection if you ask me, doesn't look classy enough. Go back to Black and Red stripes.

Berserker

I know this is being really picky but I don't like the white end bits to the sleeves, black would be so much better.

Otherwise it isn't too bad. I bought a men's last year which was a weird fit, ended up getting a more retro one half way through the season. This year I thought I'd try a women's version to see if it fitted better but they haven't one the shop web page.  

Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Walsh

I don't really want to comment without saying it played in as I think kits can look completely different when they use it in matches.

are we going to tweak our home kit does anybody know? be nice to keep it the same for another season as kit's don't come cheap and I for one won't be buying another home kit as they hardly change them, the only thing I would want changing on the home kit is the neck piece.

MOR :

Quote from: HatterDon on June 06, 2012, 02:09:07 PM
Quote from: hopper on June 06, 2012, 01:29:43 PM
It's really horrible though, isn't it?! Here's to hoping we get rid of kappa next season, the Nike, Puma and Adidas kits were all a class above them. No one really wants to buy these though surely?

I agree with every word in this post. I bought the 1980s retro shirt when I was at the Cottage, but I'll buy no "current kit" until Kappa is dead and gone.

Much the same as me only I don't partake in anything with the latest crest on...(boring I know)...

valdeingruo

Once again Kappa has taken something that could have been a simple but brilliant idea and made a mess of it. I wont reserve full judgement till i see the full thing on a player instead of the side shot of Hangeland. However the issues i have.

1. Have they not heard us moan about the size of the FXPRO?
2  The badge, still high. When i got a replica shirt it is always in my pheriphrial vision because of its heigth.
3 The color is a bit lurid, cant it be more of a Dutch orange, like the color in the advertising
4 Every Kappa kit has to "grow on you" you get used to seeing it and eventually find it decent.
5 Kappa CAN AND DOES produce nice kits look at Roma and Dortmund they are nice why not Fulham?

I was excited for the Kappa deal in the begining given our Europa exploits i thought they would try to expand our "brand" If someone like WhiteJC or  some of our other posters can produce a quality shirt where atleast 98% of other posters go"oh i like that" or "i would deffinately buy that" Why cant we find a good designer?
Self proclaimed tactical genius, football manager approved.

http://imgur.com/a/A1mhi