Main Menu

~~~~Motspur Park trip - final call~~~~

Started by Burt, June 01, 2012, 01:30:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Burt

WHERE - Motspur Park

WHEN - Monday 11 June, 3:30-5pm.

WHY - not?

AFTERS - need to find a local boozer showing the England v. France match, which kicks off at 5pm. Anyone with local knowledge please drop me a line, the Earl Beatty has been recommended.

Burt

Confirmed so far:

Reindeer   and guest
Peabody   
Rupert   
Berserker   and guest
Supermitch   
elgreenio   
Travers Barney   
MrSKa and guest
Burt   

Burt

If anyone else is interested, please PM me.

Burt

Oh, final point, if you could bring a cheque with you made out to the Fulham Foundation... Suggested amount £10.

LBNo11

...Burt, my apologies for not getting back to you sooner. I was trying to get the date agreeed with my colleagues but last night I broke a molar and the only date the dentist can book me in for a temporary crown is at 2:40 on that monday, and I will be in for an hour and then it will depend on how I feel as to making it to MP.

I will however, endeavour to make it to the Earl Beatty, which is the only pub within walking distance so I hope to meet the FoFfers I have not as yet met as well as Bill, Dave, Neil, Dean and Marc who I know. It should be a great affair.

Such a shame it could not be at a weekend as I am sure we could have had at least 25 fans on the visit, maybe when it is a proven success we can organise another trip. Anyway, an exemplary effort in organising the do Burt, and I hope a few late entries can make it, it is well worth a visit...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

Supermitch

Looking forward to it.

I will not though sadly be able to join in the festivities at the pub afterwards.  I have to drive down to Exeter that evening for their University Open Day on the Tuesday.
075.gif

FatFreddysCat

Hope you got my pm reply to your pm? When i send a pm there's no record of it in my outbox, so i'm never sure if it's gone.

RidgeRider

Quote from: FatFreddysCat on June 03, 2012, 12:19:53 AM
Hope you got my pm reply to your pm? When i send a pm there's no record of it in my outbox, so i'm never sure if it's gone.

Fred, there is a little checkbox at the bottom of the message that says Keep a Copy in my Outbox (or something to that affect), if you select that it does keep a copy. I nearly always forget to check it but it's useful option.

finnster01

Mr Burt,
For those of us unlucky not being able to attend, could we have a blow-by-blow account of the proceedings after the trip?

Greatly appreciated.
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

sipwell

Quote from: finnster01 on June 05, 2012, 02:09:53 PM
Mr Burt,
For those of us unlucky not being able to attend, could we have a blow-by-blow account of the proceedings after the trip?

Greatly appreciated.

And pictures! Loads of pictures!
No forum is complete without a silly Belgian participating!

LRCN

can't make the 11th mate, unfortunately, due to a prior arrangement but have fun all

SouthfieldWhite

Will be happy to meet up at the Earl Beatty for a few pints after and give a donation to the Foundation, not sure i will do the tour to be honest as might be a bit early for me to get away from work, plus i know the place like the back of my hand ;-)

Admin

Quote from: Burt on June 01, 2012, 01:30:04 PM
WHERE - Motspur Park

WHEN - Monday 11 June, 3:30-5pm.

WHY - not?

AFTERS - need to find a local boozer showing the England v. France match, which kicks off at 5pm. Anyone with local knowledge please drop me a line, the Earl Beatty has been recommended.

Burt, thanks for all your hard work putting this together. Unfortunately I can't go, work comittments and all that, plus I'm the other side of Kent. It's a shame really, I would have really enjoyed it and to also represent FOF plus please do this on my belhalf and take lots of pictures.

leonffc

I'll echo Admin Burt. Unfortunately I can't get time off work but thanks for your efforts in arranging this for everyone. Have a great time all and have a pint for me during the England game please as I'll be grafting.

FFCAli

elgreenio

will bring my camera and stick some kind of report/musings from the day up on here. Does the Earl Beatty do food or anything resembling food? My half day at work finishes at 12 so got a good 3 hours to kill
touch my camera through the fence

LBNo11

Quote from: elgreenio on June 06, 2012, 09:51:02 AM
will bring my camera and stick some kind of report/musings from the day up on here. Does the Earl Beatty do food or anything resembling food? My half day at work finishes at 12 so got a good 3 hours to kill

...elgreenio, yes they do food, pub grub but it is not too bad, if all else fails there is a fish and chip shop opposite the EB and they do the best fish & chips for miles...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

The Doctor

Quote from: LBNo11 on June 06, 2012, 10:43:32 AM
Quote from: elgreenio on June 06, 2012, 09:51:02 AM

...elgreenio, yes they do food, pub grub but it is not too bad, if all else fails there is a fish and chip shop opposite the EB and they do the best fish & chips for miles...

There's also the Motspur Tandoori right next door to the Beatty.  Very good curry house if that takes your fancy and they're usually open at lunchtime

elgreenio

touch my camera through the fence

MJG

Hope you all have a good time. I would have been up it but im away next week.
Maybe the next fof get together I'll be able to make it.