News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Mladen Petric to sign on a free tomorrow??

Started by os5889, June 27, 2012, 10:07:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TonyGilroy

I don't understand this 1 or 2 upfront thing.

What works these days is fluidity. Midfield workers breaking into space around the penalty area. Unexpected. Harder to mark. That's certainly Dempsey's game and probably Ruiz too. I can see it suiting Frei as well.

The big man/little man striking duo is at least out of fashion if not a thing of the past.

Often strikers are needed to come off the bench if a more attacking formation is needed.

Losing Pog and AJ we need at least 2 replacements, ideally 3, but that's for the squad not necessarily the starting 11.

Mr_Moon

Meh

He's looked good in what is an absolutely diabolical Hamburg side this year. When I say good I mean he's managed to direct his shots slightly nearer to the goal albeit still not in.

He's coming on a free so I guess we can't grumble too much but I'd be super pissed off if he was our starting striker.

twang

Quote from: TonyGilroy on June 28, 2012, 07:36:15 AM

What works these days is fluidity. Midfield workers breaking into space around the penalty area. Unexpected. Harder to mark. That's certainly Dempsey's game and probably Ruiz too. I can see it suiting Frei as well.

The big man/little man striking duo is at least out of fashion if not a thing of the past.

Often strikers are needed to come off the bench if a more attacking formation is needed.

Losing Pog and AJ we need at least 2 replacements, ideally 3, but that's for the squad not necessarily the starting 11.

And that's surely why most managers nowadays go for the lone man up front, to have more midfielders available to make these runs?

I can see Petric do a similar job up front to Gudjohnsen during his short stint here, playing almost like a false #9, albeit with more of a goal threat.

VicHalomsLovechild

Someone has already changed his Club to Fulham on Wiki. If only signing players were that simple.

:011:

zzamora

+1 you've hit the nail bang on the head, specially with Jol's 4-2-3-1 formation.

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: Lighthouse on June 27, 2012, 11:52:58 PM
Then Mr Al a simple 'I watched him many times last season and consider him a fine signing even at 31'. Instead of 'Big Watcher of the Bundesliga are you?' Would have been a far nicer comment and post and would have encouraged conversation on the matter.

I have not seen him play on a regular basis so I cannot comment too much.

What I really dislike, is people writing off signings before they join/play a few games.

White Noise

Any songs for the new boy?

And we're feeling Mlad all over!

or

Sing if you've seen The Mlad play
Sing if your happy that way!

Basil

His free kick was one of the best goals I have seen live. Stunning strike.
I would say a more than fair swap for Johnson on the payroll.
As with all these tranfer storie,s will believe it when I see it.

elgreenio

Croatian based researcher is reporting this aswell, must have some legs.
touch my camera through the fence

TonyGilroy

elgreenio

I should add to that, he has one chocolate right leg and one Van Persie-esc rocket of a left leg.
touch my camera through the fence

Captain Peacock

If we get him it certainly will be a good start to the transfer window! That goal for Hamburg against us was very good!
Somewhere in deepest East Surrey
Follow me on twitter @pavo121

Bassey the warrior

We will play with one up top so three would be good just to cover potential injuries. So we'd have four including Sa.

Walsh

Admin

Quote from: Walsh on June 28, 2012, 12:18:01 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mladen_Petri%C4%87

somebody has already put him in Fulham FC on his wikipedia.

Someone did that with Hugo Rodallega both on his and Fulham's then removed it so I wouldn't buy into it to much..

Whitewash

Quote from: Admin on June 28, 2012, 12:22:05 PM
Quote from: Walsh on June 28, 2012, 12:18:01 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mladen_Petri%C4%87

somebody has already put him in Fulham FC on his wikipedia.

Someone did that with Hugo Rodallega both on his and Fulham's then removed it so I wouldn't buy into it to much..

Does anyone reckon we may have signed Rodallega?

Two Ton Ted

Quote from: Whitewash on June 28, 2012, 12:44:54 PMDoes anyone reckon we may have signed Rodallega?

I reckon we may have done - he's a free agent and there were rumours he agreed a deal ages back.
Never ever bloody anything ever.

Burt

If this is indeed a free then I can't see too many downides to it, if any. He has class and pedigree.

cottage cheese

Admin

Quote from: Two Ton Ted on June 28, 2012, 12:51:40 PM
Quote from: Whitewash on June 28, 2012, 12:44:54 PMDoes anyone reckon we may have signed Rodallega?

I reckon we may have done - he's a free agent and there were rumours he agreed a deal ages back.

If he was a free agent, out of contract, he would have joined by now. We wouldn't have had to wait until the window opened like AJ's move to QPR. I don't see why the club would risk waiting that long in fear of him going else where and if it was to be announced I recon it would have leaked by now. For me, it's a no goer based on that.