News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Romelu Lukaku to join on loan for the season from Chelsea?

Started by os5889, July 17, 2012, 08:39:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

epsomraver

Quote from: MJG on July 17, 2012, 10:27:45 AM
I would rather buy a player than loan one. Its about building a team long term not just for a year.

Don't have that sort of time in the top flight, instant success is demanded by all, fans as well

Edwatch_Winston_Malone

This type of loan will always be attractive to clubs of our stature...

MJG

Quote from: epsomraver on July 17, 2012, 10:29:52 AM
Quote from: MJG on July 17, 2012, 10:27:45 AM
I would rather buy a player than loan one. Its about building a team long term not just for a year.

Don't have that sort of time in the top flight, instant success is demanded by all, fans as well
we already have one striker on a one year contract and I would prefer not to have another (striker)on just a years loan..
Unproven as well ;)

Andy_M

Got to say I'd take this every day of the week. Specially if we are only paying 50% of his wages. If he's no good it's not like we are paying him a lot of money to be no good and we can always cancel the loan and send him back.

There aren't exactly many strikers knocking around at the moment of that quality in the price bracket we as a club would be able to afford.
@got_maile

Legate21

Personally I would take Lukaku and let Trotta go out on loan to a Championship team for the year. People say about it possibly stopping Trotta's development, but personally I think these two guys are on completely different levels. Lukaku is a full international, and scored 41 in 98 for Anderlecht aged 17/18. I think he would have more of an impact that Trotta this year, and if we are being put off by the price of the likes of Rhodes and other strikers we don't know about then this will help us out until Jol finds himself a diamond.

elgreenio

would rather this than a ridiculously inflated Rhodes
touch my camera through the fence

Basil

I would like this as it gives us a year to develop all these youngster we sign every week whilst not signing someone up for 4 years and blocking their progress in the medium term.

Andy_M

Quote from: Basil on July 17, 2012, 10:53:59 AM
I would like this as it gives us a year to develop all these youngster we sign every week whilst not signing someone up for 4 years and blocking their progress in the medium term.

I think this is a VERY good point!

Signing players on these one year deals and loan deals means we are not tied into having players at the club paying there wages for years to come and will allow the club to bring through the promising youngster we have.

Jol has done a brilliant job in moving on the older higher wage earners and must have freed up a considerable amount of money by doing so, so why undo this good work unless the right player is available, which at the moment it doesn't seem that they are.
@got_maile

MontenegroWhite

He wouldn't be starter for us, as I thing Jol will use Hugo and Petrić as first options. Lukaku would just took place on the bench and put Trotta definitely out.

Also I thing his wage is too high for bench player (even if we pay 50% only)

TonyGilroy

It's great for posters to have faith in Trotta but I've seen nothing yet to justify it.

Jol has said that the kids have to be better than the senior pros for them to replace them. On that basis the more competition at the club the better.

You can't bring in kids hoping they'll be good enough. Jol is clearly willing to give them opportunities. From that they have to prove themselves too good to be dropped.

leonffc

Quote from: TonyGilroy on July 17, 2012, 11:33:55 AM

It's great for posters to have faith in Trotta but I've seen nothing yet to justify it.

Jol has said that the kids have to be better than the senior pros for them to replace them. On that basis the more competition at the club the better.

You can't bring in kids hoping they'll be good enough. Jol is clearly willing to give them opportunities. From that they have to prove themselves too good to be dropped.

I'm with you there. I have seen little in Trotta to make me believe in him but I don't see the point in Lukaku warming the bench like that other lad we had on loan from them.
We could always use it as a test. Throw Trotta on from the bench, if he can't cut it, the proofs there that we can get shot and get someone else in January

TonyGilroy

And until then?

That's why we need depth and a couple of loan signings give us that.

fulhamben

Quote from: TonyGilroy on July 17, 2012, 11:33:55 AM

so do prey tell what good things you have seen of lakuka. he was pants against us in carling cup so i pressume you have seen lakuka more times than you have trotta (which would mean you have spent far too much time watching scum reserves)
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

TonyGilroy

I have no opinion on Lukaku but I assume that Jol and his scouting team do.

cottage cheese

competition is one thing in a club but the way Jol played towards the end of the season we played with on up front with the midfield chopping and changing around the lone striker.

Im assuming that is how we will line up this year. Therefore petric and the rod will be the main two guys starting and fighting for the one position. Lukaku does not play on the wings he was brought in to take over the drogba role. He will be third/fourth choice should dempsey stay or we sign rhodes

This is a pointless signing as it wont be competition for places being 4th/5th choice.

TonyGilroy

I don't know how Jol wants us to play.

After January last season Jol had Pog as his only striker most of the time with AJ and Sa usually injured.

fulhamben

Quote from: TonyGilroy on July 17, 2012, 11:43:40 AM

ok then how many times have you seen trotta to justify your comment?
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

TonyGilroy

Quote from: fulhamben on July 17, 2012, 12:04:47 PM
Quote from: TonyGilroy on July 17, 2012, 11:43:40 AM

ok then how many times have you seen trotta to justify your comment?

I've seen his first team appearances for Fulham such as they are and a couple of games for Wycombe.

He didn't impress at Watford but I didn't see those.

I'm not trashing him - I hope he succeeds - he just hasn't impressed me the way that, say, Frei and Kakaniclic have and earlier, Luke Cornwall and Elliott Omusuzi did.

I'm wrong more often than I'm right.

Mr_Moon

os5889

Also as Lukaku is under 21 (he is 19) he wouldnt have to be included in our 25 man squad meaning we can sign more players over that age and have him as option as well