News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Romelu Lukaku to join on loan for the season from Chelsea?

Started by os5889, July 17, 2012, 08:39:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fulhamben

Quote from: os5889 on July 17, 2012, 12:18:36 PM
Also as Lukaku is under 21 (he is 19) he wouldnt have to be included in our 25 man squad meaning we can sign more players over that age and have him as option as well
yes but his wages will be huge. he cost them 18 mil so he must be on a fair whack. even if we only paid half it would probably still make him one of our highest earners
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

leonffc

Quote from: TonyGilroy on July 17, 2012, 12:15:50 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on July 17, 2012, 12:04:47 PM
Quote from: TonyGilroy on July 17, 2012, 11:43:40 AM

I have no opinion on Lukaku but I assume that Jol and his scouting team do.
ok then how many times have you seen trotta to justify your comment?

I've seen his first team appearances for Fulham such as they are and a couple of games for Wycombe.

He didn't impress at Watford but I didn't see those.

I know a guy assosiated with the Watford training ground and he said at the time that they loved Kakanicilc, but Trotta wasn't looking impressive at all.
I saw him play in one game for the reserves and really wasn't impressed. I know its only one game but....

Admin

Quote from: leonffc on July 17, 2012, 12:58:17 PM

I've seen his first team appearances for Fulham such as they are and a couple of games for Wycombe.

I know a guy assosiated with the Watford training ground and he said at the time that they loved Kakanicilc, but Trotta wasn't looking impressive at all.
I saw him play in one game for the reserves and really wasn't impressed. I know its only one game but....

Trotta will not make it at this level. Wycombe maybe, Fulham no..

fulhamben

Quote from: leonffc on July 17, 2012, 12:58:17 PM

but surely the same rule some are saying for rhodes must apply to trotta. that rule being he will now be playing with better players, so surely he can only really be judged on what he does with our propper first team. not the reserves pretending to be them in the cup but a propper 10 plus trotta. this has happend for only a few mins and he did not look out of place in that very short time.

Maidstone Lee

Fulham eye loan move for Chelsea's starlet Lukaku after Belgian struggled at Stamford Bridge By Sportsmail Reporter

Fulham are considering a deal to take Chelsea striker Romelu Lukaku on a season-long loan.

Talks between the clubs are understood to be ongoing for the player that cost Chelsea £18million last summer.
Martin Jol has sanctioned a move for the Belgian teenager after Chelsea made it clear they were looking to offload, either on loan or permanent deals, some of the fringe players of their first-team squad.

If the deal is completed, Lukaku will become Fulham's third forward signing of the transfer window.
The west Londoners have already signed Mladen Petric and Hugo Rodallega on free trasnsfers, from Hamburg and Wigan respectively, but sold Andy Johnson to QPR and lost out to Reading in their bid to sign Russian Pavel Pogrebnyak, their loan star of last season.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2174763/Fulham-keen-Chelseas-Romelu-Lukaku-loan.html#ixzz20stbSL89
Stand up if you still believe!
@LeeWarner19

HatterDon

"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

EJL

He wouldn't get a game. He'd have the same amount and quality of competition like Kakuta did.

In the Enclosure

Think he is much better than Kakuta based on the goals he scored in Belgium - A good addition

os5889

Kakuta at 19 had not played 1 senior game

Lukaku at 19 has played 95 games (14 for belgium) with 35 goals. A whol different class, the only thing the 2 players have in similar is the both have Kaku in their name.

This kid is outstanding and will be one of the best strikers in the world one day

HatterDon

Quote from: os5889 on July 17, 2012, 08:51:47 PM
Kakuta at 19 had not played 1 senior game

Lukaku at 19 has played 95 games (14 for belgium) with 35 goals. A whol different class, the only thing the 2 players have in similar is the both have Kaku in their name.

This kid is outstanding and will be one of the best strikers in the world one day

I rise to state my agreement with what the distinguished member for somewhere in Wales just said. I'm very excited about having this guy. Hope it works out.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Travers Barney

I don't... I want my own Club players to score for my team.
We are the whites

Travers Barney

Even more so players who don't play for that lot.
We are the whites

sipwell

Quote from: cottage cheese on July 17, 2012, 09:08:58 AM
no thanks, failed to etablish himself at chelsea and the reserves. Have a friend who plays for the under 20/19's and told me that he has a bad attitude, and thinks he is god. We have trotta who is that cover sorted for us. 

I have to jump to the defence of my compatriot here. How would you feel if you play Champion's League football one day (Anderlecht) and in a poor reserve competition with plenty of players who are never going to cut it the next (Chelsea)? I would have a bloody bad attitude as well. Lukaku is considered to be one of the greatest Belgian talents, has scored goals both in Europa League games and in the Belgian competition (probably not the best but currently one where half of England is fishing in). I don't think your mate at Chelsea can put forward similar statistics.

Evidently my answer is yes. He is a target man. He is a goal scorer. He is a team player.
No forum is complete without a silly Belgian participating!

Patterson

Quote from: sipwell on July 17, 2012, 11:20:48 PM
Quote from: cottage cheese on July 17, 2012, 09:08:58 AM
no thanks, failed to etablish himself at chelsea and the reserves. Have a friend who plays for the under 20/19's and told me that he has a bad attitude, and thinks he is god. We have trotta who is that cover sorted for us. 

I have to jump to the defence of my compatriot here. How would you feel if you play Champion's League football one day (Anderlecht) and in a poor reserve competition with plenty of players who are never going to cut it the next (Chelsea)? I would have a bloody bad attitude as well. Lukaku is considered to be one of the greatest Belgian talents, has scored goals both in Europa League games and in the Belgian competition (probably not the best but currently one where half of England is fishing in). I don't think your mate at Chelsea can put forward similar statistics.

Evidently my answer is yes. He is a target man. He is a goal scorer. He is a team player.

As a half-Belgian, I agree 100%.  He's a big man who has great composure for such a young player.  I'd have him on in a split second and play Petric or Rodallega off him regularly.  I'd rather him than Carroll personally.
A Canadian supporting Fulham...wait...what?!

MrCheviot

Quote from: Andy_M on July 17, 2012, 10:39:54 AM
Got to say I'd take this every day of the week. Specially if we are only paying 50% of his wages. If he's no good it's not like we are paying him a lot of money to be no good and we can always cancel the loan and send him back.

There aren't exactly many strikers knocking around at the moment of that quality in the price bracket we as a club would be able to afford.

This. Maybe in a season or two once teams start ridding themselves of fringe youngsters they stockpiled pre-FFP, but thus far we've been rebuffed by every young striker (or their club) we've been linked with, save Hugo.

Assuming we used all of the 10M for Dempsey and put it towards a striker - who'd we get? Could we tempt anyone? 

Until we know how Petric and Rodallega and Kasmi and Ruiz work out, (and Trotta, who should go out on loan for game time), I think a loan like this gives us some time to see how things develop. If we end up losing Dembele also, what looks like resignation in the transfer market would actually be prudence. Or, what looks like a squad weakness on paper may turn out to be just fine, so I suspect Jol would be over the moon with an option like Lukaku for one year.

Looking at it another way, if he's good enough a loan season with us won't make his future, he'll make it anyway. I don't subscribe to the idea that we're making an opponents player better to our detriment.

Anyway, I'm all for it. Certainly a better option than the striker from Juve we've been linked with. And quite possibly better than 6M for Rhodes.
"Zamora!! What About that? We have seen some brilliant football from Shakhtar Donetsk tonight, but nothing.. nothing quite as good as that!"

K33NY

Huge talent this guy, such a hard worker and great goalscoreer when he was in Anderlecht he he comes on a loan I think we will see some nice goals this season! :D

NogoodBoyo

"I rise to state my agreement with what the distinguished member for somewhere in Wales just said. I'm very excited about having this guy. Hope it works out."
Or was Hatter talking about that other Welshie in the band, Orrgan Morrgan?
Nogood "never said nuffink, I didn't" Boyo

fulhamben

I'm not trashing him - I hope he succeeds - he just hasn't impressed me the way that, say, Frei and Kakaniclic have and earlier, Luke Cornwall and Elliott Omusuzi did.

I'm wrong more often than I'm right.

i hope you are watching him tonight :)

TonyGilroy

Quote from: fulhamben on July 18, 2012, 06:47:18 PM

I'm not trashing him - I hope he succeeds - he just hasn't impressed me the way that, say, Frei and Kakaniclic have and earlier, Luke Cornwall and Elliott Omusuzi did.

I'm wrong more often than I'm right.

i hope you are watching him tonight :)

Hardly possible and I assume you aren't either.

I hope he's playing well and succeeds. A couple of goals in a friendly though proves nothing.