News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Romelu Lukaku to join on loan for the season from Chelsea?

Started by os5889, July 17, 2012, 08:39:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

os5889

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2012/07/17/3245447/fulham-in-talks-to-loan-lukaku-from-rivals-chelsea

Fulham in talks to loan Lukaku from rivals Chelsea

The west London neighbours are close to reaching agreement on a deal that would take the teenager across the capital for 12 months

Chelsea striker Romelu Lukaku is closing in on a loan move to Fulham, Goal.com can reveal.

The west London rivals are in advanced talks on a deal that would take Lukaku across the capital on a season-long loan.

Martin Jol has sanctioned a move for the Belgian teenager after Chelsea made it clear they were looking to offload, either on loan or permanent deals, some of the fringe players of their first-team squad.

Chelsea have no problem in allowing Lukaku, 19, to move to Craven Cottage as long as he is guaranteed the opportunity to play more games than he would at Stamford Bridge.

Lukaku has spoken of his frustration at the lack of first-team chances during a disappointing debut season at Chelsea following his £18 million transfer last summer from Anderlecht.

He said he was "really angry" that he started only a single Premier League match and claimed that he was treated poorly by former manager Andre Villas-Boas.

Despite the departures of Didier Drogba and Salomon Kalou this summer and Nicolas Anelka in January, Lukaku remains a long way behind Fernando Torres and Daniel Sturridge in the pecking order.

Chelsea and Fulham have now agreed the basic terms of a loan deal, which would be broadly similar to Gael Kakuta's spell at Craven Cottage in the second half of the 2010-11 season, when the young Frenchman's wages were equally shared between the two clubs.  

If the deal is completed, Lukaku will become Fulham's third forward signing of the transfer window.

The west Londoners have already signed Mladen Petric and Hugo Rodallega on frees, from Hamburg and Wigan Athletic respectively, but sold Andy Johnson to QPR and lost out to Reading in their bid to sign Russian Pavel Pogrebnyak, their loan star of last season.

os5889

I wouldn't say no to an £18m striker for a season even if he is a Chelsea player. Would that make him the most expensive player ever to play for us?

Duff was £17m at one point.

JBH

As this article is by goal.com I will take it with a pinch of salt
But if it is true then I would say that it is a really good loan signing. :028:

os5889

Quote from: JBH on July 17, 2012, 08:43:35 AM
As this article is by goal.com I will take it with a pinch of salt
But if it is true then I would say that it is a really good loan signing. :028:

That was my initial thought, but as its all over twitter  had to post a story from somewhere and they were quickest to get one up.

Thought it would also be a good discussion point as it is a Chelsea player, but also he is the Chelsea player signed as their replacement for Drogba in the long run with an insane price tag.

leonffc

I hate loan moves of this type. It only serves to give rival clubs players experience whilst potentially holding back our own young players development.
If it was with a view to a permenant deal I'd be happy but thats never going to be the case.

fulhamben

Quote from: leonffc on July 17, 2012, 08:49:09 AM
I hate loan moves of this type. It only serves to give rival clubs players experience whilst potentially holding back our own young players development.
If it was with a view to a permenant deal I'd be happy but thats never going to be the case.
agreed. all this does is leaves us in the same boat we are in this time next year. how can you plan for the future with loans such as this. we are an established prem team so leave the big loan sigingings to the newbies and the desperates
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

cottage cheese

no thanks, failed to etablish himself at chelsea and the reserves. Have a friend who plays for the under 20/19's and told me that he has a bad attitude, and thinks he is god. We have trotta who is that cover sorted for us.  

JBH

Quote from: cottage cheese on July 17, 2012, 09:08:58 AM
no thanks, failed to etablish himself at chelsea and the reserves. Have a friend who plays for the under 20/19's and told me that he has a bad attitude, and thinks he is god. We have trotta who is that cover sorted for us.  

I've heard tht he is a talent who wants to play football but has not had a real chance at Chavski and is looking to prove how good he is, also a mate of Moussa so that may help, I am not a fan of loans but if it gives us more time to find the right player then it is worth giving him a try  :028:

fulhamben

Quote from: JBH on July 17, 2012, 09:15:25 AM

I've heard tht he is a talent who wants to play football but has not had a real chance at Chavski and is looking to prove how good he is, also a mate of Moussa so that may help, I am not a fan of loans but if it gives us more time to find the right player then it is worth giving him a try  :028:
so urley he will follow dembele to united then?  we are setting ourselfs are for a massive fall. we could potentially lose lakuka dembele dempsey diarra kacka and probably others all for nothing at the end of the season coming. how would we replace all of those in one window. we need to be planning ahead now we already have enough quick fixes

TonyGilroy

Some or all of those might resign but in any event our future is in our academy. Whilst our 16 to 19 year olds progress short term fixes aren't the worst strategy.

Largely depends who else we could get that's affordable.

JBH

we are setting ourselfs are for a massive fall. we could potentially lose lakuka dembele dempsey diarra kacka and probably others all for nothing at the end of the season coming. how would we replace all of those in one window. we need to be planning ahead now we already have enough quick fixes
[/quote]

How do you know the club aren't planning for the future?? Who say's Kacka and Diarra won't sign a new contract, Moussa may leave at the end of  this season but that is not a suprise and as for Clint who knows what he really wants.

This is Football and this sort of thing happens all the time so  S001.gif

fulhamben

Quote from: TonyGilroy on July 17, 2012, 09:22:31 AM

Some or all of those might resign but in any event our future is in our academy. Whilst our 16 to 19 year olds progress short term fixes aren't the worst strategy.

Largely depends who else we could get that's affordable.
providing that some actually kick on. very few decent strikers come through english academys.

cottage cheese

Quote from: JBH on July 17, 2012, 09:15:25 AM

I've heard tht he is a talent who wants to play football but has not had a real chance at Chavski and is looking to prove how good he is, also a mate of Moussa so that may help, I am not a fan of loans but if it gives us more time to find the right player then it is worth giving him a try  :028:

he has talent no question, but giving our position there is no point having him for one season and then him going back to chelsea. We need a striker who is going to stay for 3-4 years and develop into a star man. That is what we need as we already have trotta as the young man desperate to play

JBH

he has talent no question, but giving our position there is no point having him for one season and then him going back to chelsea. We need a striker who is going to stay for 3-4 years and develop into a star man. That is what we need as we already have trotta as the young man desperate to play
[/quote]

Who's to say Petric isn't that player?

fulhamben

Quote from: JBH on July 17, 2012, 09:38:48 AM

[/quote]star man at 36?

JBH

Quote from: fulhamben on July 17, 2012, 09:46:15 AM

star man at 36?
[/quote]

He is 31 so in 3 years he will be 34 which as far as I'm concerned isn't that old to be a star man.

Who is too say that Trotta will even make it as a Premier league striker because if he was that good then we would have had bigger teams trying to pick him up now

cottage cheese

Quote from: JBH on July 17, 2012, 09:52:22 AM
Quote from: fulhamben on July 17, 2012, 09:46:15 AM

star man at 36?

He is 31 so in 3 years he will be 34 which as far as I'm concerned isn't that old to be a star man.

Who is too say that Trotta will even make it as a Premier league striker because if he was that good then we would have had bigger teams trying to pick him up now
[/quote]

frei is a good young player, so why have no bigger teams come in for him????

get a better argument sunshine :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh:

Lighthouse

So are we to assume that if the loan comes off we are no longer in the market for forwards like Rhodes etc? It would mean we are buying and loaning players either out of clever management or necessity
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

VicHalomsLovechild

You can have a plan, but if the players in that plan go somewhere else you're back to square one. Bringing in competion for Trotta short term can only help his development. I guess Dave will be the starting forward + another from the remaining three. 

MJG

I would rather buy a player than loan one. Its about building a team long term not just for a year.