watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

DEMPSEY'S REPLACEMENT??

Started by JBH, July 18, 2012, 08:55:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JBH

Could a fully fit Bryan Ruiz play the sme role as Clint Dempsey?

I think that he may be able to handle the role  065.gif

MJG

He can play on the left or anywhere in those forward roles. Its when you give him defensive duties it all falls down. So could he do Dempseys defensive work with Riise..I don't believe he can.

cottage cheese

i dont, most of dempseys goals have been throwing himself at crosses and smashing them in with his head. That is something that cant be taught..it was in his makeup to make those runs at corners and crosses to either tap them in or use his head. I cant see ruiz getting stuck in like dempsey did in the role.

Having said that, Ruiz would bring his own style and I think we would play more to the floor if ruiz takes over from dempsey. Which potentially could bring the goals but I dont think he would play the same role as dempsey.

MJG

Also its not Clint's role we need to replace, its his goals.
His role has mostly been on the left cutting inside and getting in the box.
With Frei-Kaca and Dave possibly, we have different types playing different roles. We might actually get someone attacking and taking on the right backs. Which was never Clint's game.

Mr Fulham

I'd still like us to go for Chadli. :Belgique:

cottage cheese

Quote from: MJG on July 18, 2012, 09:14:51 AM
Also its Clint's role we need to replace, its his goals.
His role has mostly been on the left cutting inside and getting in the box.
With Frei-Kaca and Dave possibly, we have different types playing different roles. We might actually get someone attacking and taking on the right backs. Which was never Clint's game.

no it was not, but then the goals he provided and the late runs he made proved to be more effective to taking on defenders. So you are right we need to replace the goals firstly

ClarksOriginal

I don't think Ruiz is suited to playing as a winger in the PL as he was in the Eredivisie. The full-backs here are a different class and he struggles defensively.

In my opinion Ruiz's best position is in a 4231, sitting behind the striker. That way he can exploit his vision, technique and shooting prowess.

http://www.cottagersconfidential.com/2012/7/9/3147320/how-do-you-solve-a-problem-like-ruiz-fulham-fc

I'd also agree with Mr Fulham, get after Chadli.
@sonikkicks on Twitter.

JimmyDunnesBum

Quote from: MJG on July 18, 2012, 09:03:17 AM
So could he do Dempseys defensive work with Riise..I don't believe he can.

defence isn't clint's strongpoint - so many times he left jar exposed last season - so there is room for improvement in this area  . agree ,not sure if ruiz is the man to fix it for us though .

Mr_Moon

Could we not ask Man City for Vladimir Weiss on loan?

ClarksOriginal

Quote from: Mr_Moon on July 18, 2012, 10:58:29 AM

Now that is a great shout.
@sonikkicks on Twitter.

Burt

Mr Fulham

Quote from: Mr_Moon on July 18, 2012, 10:58:29 AM

Buy him I say.

Azeedo

Honestly we really don't know what Ruiz is capable of, that was the case with Dembele his first year until Jol found a position were his was able to to find his game... I think we are to quick to judge, is up to Jol to get Ruiz to the same level he was during his Twente spell, which by the way he was the star of the team above Chadli and Dejong........

costarican white

Quote from: Azeedo on July 18, 2012, 03:57:15 PM
Honestly we really don't know what Ruiz is capable of, that was the case with Dembele his first year until Jol found a position were his was able to to find his game... I think we are to quick to judge, is up to Jol to get Ruiz to the same level he was during his Twente spell, which by the way he was the star of the team above Chadli and Dejong........

Bien dicho!
Wherever there's a Costa Rican... there's peace.