more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Jordan Rhodes

Started by ffcfulham, August 20, 2012, 01:54:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

theotherdembele

Quote from: MasterHaynes on August 20, 2012, 09:08:46 AM
At that price I would prefer Chamakh who can hit the ground running and has a point to prove

7million for chamakh, i wouldnt even want him in on loan. He's 28 years old and has scored 12 goals in 63 games at arsenal who create twice as many chances as us in a game, rhodes is young 22 has decent pace and at 6ft 2 is physically capable of competing in the pl and giving us something we dont have at the moment he also definitely knows where the back of the net is.

Lighthouse

No transfer be it for a 14 year old for 25 quid or 20 million quid for a 50 goal a season player is guaranteed to work. Rhodes may or may not work. May or my not do well. But with many Prem sides short of forwards, Fulham and Jol are the sort of club and manager to get the best out of a lower league player.

Rumour that we have agreed terms with him.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

TonyGilroy

I'd like Rhodes but partly because a friend is a Huddersfield supporter.

We were having the same discussion 10 years ago over Jonathan Stead and we both agreed that he was a reincarnation of Allan Clarke. Turned out to be Frank Clarke as it happens.

jelmo

Where is the source for this by the way? Please dont let it be tweeter!

MJG

Quote from: jelmo on August 20, 2012, 10:06:31 AM
your wish is granted, its one of the @ITK agents. Or as I call them mischief making 14 year olds.

Matt Inglis

We could get someone much better for 7m.
There's only one Emma's burger stand.

Whitewash

Quote from: Lighthouse on August 20, 2012, 09:56:36 AM

Where is this rumour?

AlFayedsChequebook

jelmo

Quote from: MJG on August 20, 2012, 10:08:28 AM
Quote from: jelmo on August 20, 2012, 10:06:31 AM
your wish is granted, its one of the @ITK agents. Or as I call them mischief making 14 year olds.

Ah, well that changes everything. Welcome to the club Jordan!

FulhamMic

No, no and no!

We can get much better for £7m

Kamara, Nugent, Stead, Healy! And the list goes on of players who have torn up the lower leagues only to fail miserably in the PL.

Mr Fulham

Quote from: FulhamMic on August 20, 2012, 11:15:27 AM
No, no and no!

Kamara, Nugent, Stead, Healy! And the list goes on of players who have torn up the lower leagues only to fail miserably in the PL.

Lambert, Holt, Doyle, Long, Graham, Victor Moses.

I fully trust in Jol and our scouting department. If they think he's worth that money then he most likely is.

By the way, who do you think is 'much better' and available for 7m?

Lighthouse

Quote from: AlFayedsChequebook on August 20, 2012, 10:24:29 AM
Quote from: Whitewash on August 20, 2012, 10:21:27 AM
Quote from: Lighthouse on August 20, 2012, 09:56:36 AM

Where is this rumour?

Twitter  :dead horse:

If it had been a newspaper or a player or God I would have namechecked the source. But like it or not in this Computer World we live in, rumours will nearly all come from 14 year olds who spend time on the computer. But they often pick it up from other sources. You risk being hit by a punch if you ignore who is throwing it.

General

With the opportunities that the players behind him take and the ability and confidence of this guy to score goals I have no doubt he'll score goals for us and he's most importantly young.

Kasami, Stockdale, Kacaniklic, Frei, Mesca, Briggs etc along with Rhodes would be the begining , in my opinion could be the begining of something very revoloutionary at Fulham.

Bring in Burns and a few other top young players under the tutelage of the players we have at the moment like Petric, Diarra, Hangeland and we could be having a great priviliege in watching something special develop.

The comparisons have been made so fingers crossed and watch carefully.

Mr Fulham

Quote from: General on August 20, 2012, 11:35:18 AM

Kasami, Stockdale, Kacaniklic, Frei, Mesca, Briggs etc along with Rhodes would be the begining , in my opinion could be the begining of something very revoloutionary at Fulham.

Stockdale?

SKSW6

Quote from: Mr Fulham on August 20, 2012, 11:38:29 AM

Stockdale?

He's a keeper so I reckon you can knock 3 years off for his equivalent outfield player age, so at that age he's still pretty young.

BlaWhiArmyyyyyy

Quote from: Mr Fulham on August 20, 2012, 11:28:27 AM
Quote from: FulhamMic on August 20, 2012, 11:15:27 AM
No, no and no!

I fully trust in Jol and our scouting department. If they think he's worth that money then he most likely is.

Gary Hooper is apparently avaliable for 8mil...id rather we paid the extra 1 mil for him!

Lighthouse

Quote from: SKSW6 on August 20, 2012, 11:42:52 AM
Quote from: Mr Fulham on August 20, 2012, 11:38:29 AM

Stockdale?

He's a keeper so I reckon you can knock 3 years off for his equivalent outfield player age, so at that age he's still pretty young.

Keeper years are like dog years.

Mr Fulham

Quote from: BlaWhiArmyyyyyy on August 20, 2012, 11:43:48 AM

Gary Hooper is apparently avaliable for 8mil...id rather we paid the extra 1 mil for him!
I don't see the difference between League One and the SPL.

FFC1987

Quote from: Mr Fulham on August 20, 2012, 12:03:05 PM
Quote from: BlaWhiArmyyyyyy on August 20, 2012, 11:43:48 AM

I don't see the difference between League One and the SPL.
Agree with this. I'm glad Jol is in charge as I've heard Cooper for 8m and 7m for Chamakh. Wouldn't turn my nose up at either if the price and wages were low enough but lets face it, its not ideal.

FulhamMic

Quote from: Mr Fulham on August 20, 2012, 11:28:27 AM

Whilst I'm no scout, manager or agent, given we paid £2.5m for Dempsey and around £5m for Dembele and considering Everton just paid £5m for Mirallas I would argue £7m could be invested in better than Rhodes.

Lambert has scored a single goal in the P/L; Doyle hasn't broke into double figures for Wolves in the last three years, scoring only 4 in 34 last season; Moses only cost £2.5 and whilst is probably the best prospect out those you listed, he's hardly set the world alight at the DW, scoring 8 in 73!