more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Eduardo in talks discuss and Douglas to choose between us and newcastle

Started by Tooting legend, August 21, 2012, 11:13:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BestOfBrede

Quote from: HatterDon on August 21, 2012, 05:24:22 PM
I stopped reading this thread at the end of page one, since there was hardly any discussion about these two chaps.

I will say, however, if we're talking about two transfers in at 11.5 million, then there must already be a deal for Dempsey,and possibley for Dembele as well. We don't have that kind of dosh usually.
Usually true Hatterdon, but I believe Jol has stated money is available to him and therefore the D's are not necessarily gone (yet)(+hopefully!)

Berserker

Quote from: Scrumpy on August 21, 2012, 04:53:15 PM
Anyway, back to the main topic of this thread.
You don't see many semi-colons around these days, do you? :015:

Oh you do if you have to write SQL select queries etc. for you job  :002:
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

twang

I stopped reading this thread at the end of page one, since there was hardly any discussion about these two chaps.

I will say, however, if we're talking about two transfers in at 11.5 million, then there must already be a deal for Dempsey,and possibley for Dembele as well. We don't have that kind of dosh usually.

It would be out of character for us to spend 7m (not sure if it's supposed to be in £ or €, but it doesn't really matter) on a 29-year-old striker when we already have Rodallega and Petric though, wouldn't it? Especially as Eduardo is a similar type of striker as the two we already have. Personally, I can't see it happen.

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: twang on August 21, 2012, 05:30:25 PM

It would be out of character for us to spend 7m (not sure if it's supposed to be in £ or €, but it doesn't really matter) on a 29-year-old striker when we already have Rodallega and Petric though, wouldn't it? Especially as Eduardo is a similar type of striker as the two we already have. Personally, I can't see it happen.

I could see us being interested, but the 7m figure was plucked from nowhere. The only thing we know (confirmed by the Shakhtar manager) is we enquired about him.

Apprentice to the Maestro

We had £7-10m for Ruiz last summer. I would not be surprised if we had £15-20m if there were a couple of players that Jol really wanted. In general though I think Jol likes to develop young players and pick up experienced, better value players on Bosmans in contrast to our former manager.

hesedmedia

Quote from: Mr_Moon on August 21, 2012, 12:29:17 PM
Discuss reminds me of Discus and all the Belarusian female throwers in the Olympics.

Seems a bit of a misogynistic event, doesn't it? Either that or something that belongs at the X games. Belarusian Female Throwing, I mean.

hesedmedia

Quote from: Lighthouse on August 21, 2012, 05:06:21 PM
Quote from: Senior Supporter on August 21, 2012, 02:03:43 PM
The mods adopt the sensible system of merging threads when appropriate, but I wonder whether there is a case for splitting them with ones like this. So confusing.  fp.gif

Anyway, to the point. I would be delighted if Douglas joined us, but not so thrilled if we signed Eduardo.

Oops no, sorry, what I intended was to ask ddeuce whether it is correct to say "get out of bed the wrong side". Shouldn't it be "get out of bed ON the wrong side"?

I think you will find it is  'I is not getting art of me sack for no 1 matey'. You can use the past participle if you like but then it would be gone and you would only have the stick left.

064.gif :Haynes The Maestro:

bobby01

Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

cebu

It looks far from certain that Brede will finish his top flight career with Fulham. On an earlier thread Brede was quoted in the Norwegian press as saying that a new contract with FFC was far from being a done deal. No, it doesn't mean he's definitely leaving, but if they sold him now, they could partially finance the arrival of Douglas who would likely be pretty much a nailed on starter. If Brede stays and Douglas arrives, it'll be Aaron to the bench.

As usual, it's all speculation till 31.08.2012 ... so much that could go right ... so much that could go wrong ... journos must love us and our emotional helter-skelters, it pays the rent.  :dft009:

Mr Fulham

Quote from: cebu on August 21, 2012, 07:39:35 PM
It looks far from certain that Brede will finish his top flight career with Fulham. On an earlier thread Brede was quoted in the Norwegian press as saying that a new contract with FFC was far from being a done deal. No, it doesn't mean he's definitely leaving, but if they sold him now, they could partially finance the arrival of Douglas who would likely be pretty much a nailed on starter. If Brede stays and Douglas arrives, it'll be Aaron to the bench.

As usual, it's all speculation till 31.08.2012 ... so much that could go right ... so much that could go wrong ... journos must love us and our emotional helter-skelters, it pays the rent.  :dft009:
I really can't see us selling our captain now. With Danny, it was a different matter, but Brede was only just appointed captain so I just can't see him leaving. I hope Aaron also will be here on Sept 1st. Ever reliable.

I think it will be Halliche and one of Senderos/Baird.

cmg

Quote from: bucksfulham on August 21, 2012, 07:42:23 PM

http://www.cottagersconfidential.com/2012/8/21/3258242/fulham-bid-accepted-twentes-douglas-newcastle?

A wondeful little collector's piece of journalism, which, in just 18 lines manages to say at least four different things, some of them totally contradictory.

And thus are we kept informed.

cebu

Quote from: Mr Fulham on August 21, 2012, 07:48:29 PM
Quote from: cebu on August 21, 2012, 07:39:35 PM

As usual, it's all speculation till 31.08.2012 ... so much that could go right ... so much that could go wrong ... journos must love us and our emotional helter-skelters, it pays the rent.  :dft009:
I really can't see us selling our captain now. With Danny, it was a different matter, but Brede was only just appointed captain so I just can't see him leaving. I hope Aaron also will be here on Sept 1st. Ever reliable.

I think it will be Halliche and one of Senderos/Baird.

Halliche seems to be a case of nobody wants him. Senderos is a really tricky one. I don't buy into the "He's an accident waiting to happen" opinion, but he was a bit of a sick note at Arsenal and it looks like the same thing is happening now with Fulham. So I'm not sure how Jol sees his future. Baird isn't just a CB but could be useful as a utility player coming in from the bench.

Brede turned 31 in June. He's still capable of finding a suitable new club ... I'm not saying I hope or expect him to leave now, but the club is rebuilding and Brede has joined the ranks of the older players. He's wearing the captain's armband at the moment, but has the club officially announced him as captain yet? Does anybody know this for a fact - if the club did so, I must have missed it. Oh well, here's hoping!

Mr Fulham

As for Senderos....I rate him, I think he's a decent defender. Not as good as some people make him, and not as bad as others make him.

But if we need a backup defender, I'd rather we have Hughes. He may be older, but he's almost injury-free, whereas Senderos is very injury-prone sadly.
Just my two cents though.

grandad

Come on. We haven´t sorted out the Dempsey/ Dembele debacle. Let´s not start a Hangeland one.
Where there's a will there's a wife

cebu

Quote from: grandad on August 21, 2012, 08:55:59 PM
Come on. We haven´t sorted out the Dempsey/ Dembele debacle. Let´s not start a Hangeland one.

No, it's a Hughes / Hangeland / Senderos / Baird debacle. Thank God we don't have to worry about some club coming in for Halliche!  :005:

It makes a change from Dempsey/ Dembele ...  :022:

Admin

Regardless of how good the H & H partnership is, neither of them are getting any younger. Aaron Hughes is 33 this November, Brede Hangeland 32 next June and even John Arne Riise 31 in September.

Apart from the ever injured Senderos or overly short utility playrt Chris Baird, who do we really have?

Douglas is 24, quality and will come here to not only to lower the age of our back four, but most certainly knock one of the H's of their perch. If I had to put money on it, it'd be Hughes, sorry.

Terry Angus

Quote from: bobby01 on August 21, 2012, 06:01:53 PM
Quote from: SKSW6 on August 21, 2012, 11:59:44 AM
Ddeuce, please tell me you left that "your" at the end in ironically...

Lol
has anyone picked up on the erroneous use of the word "its" instead of "it's" where the expression "it is" is abbreviated twice in the same post, as well?

correcting another user's grammar, spelling or punctuation is cheap and wrong (like supporting qpr). fact.

Terry Angus

i'd love it if we signed douglas in the same week that those mugs sign his inferior, older, english counterpart--dawson--on a higher wage and for twice the fee. prats

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: Terry Angus on August 21, 2012, 09:23:26 PM
Quote from: bobby01 on August 21, 2012, 06:01:53 PM
Quote from: SKSW6 on August 21, 2012, 11:59:44 AM
Ddeuce, please tell me you left that "your" at the end in ironically...

Lol
has anyone picked up on the erroneous use of the word "its" instead of "it's" where the expression "it is" is abbreviated twice in the same post, as well?

correcting another user's grammar, spelling or punctuation is cheap and wrong (like supporting qpr). fact.

Two words: capital letters.  :011: