more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Moussa Transfer thread - merged

Started by General, August 28, 2012, 11:20:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jambo

Quote from: mikie on August 29, 2012, 05:48:38 PM
QPR in for a Real Madrid midfielder now.. A club with real ambition...

Feel free to support them.
We all see the game differently, FoF has taught me that.

@jambohunt

http://jameshuntbw.blogspot.co.uk/

BarryP

Congratulations to Moussa and his agent for negotiating a contract that executed his plan to use Fulham as a stepping stone.  The man did exactly what he said he was going to do and we got to watch him for two seasons. There are way too many posters acting like the club could have kept him here beyond next season.

A poster I respect put it well when he said in essence that football is a caste system. I would add get used to your place in it or your in for a lot of thttings unless you serve the top master.
"Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never--in nothing, great or small, large or petty--never give in, except to convictions of honor and good sense."

fulhamben

not really we already have a real madrid player. thought everyone did nowadays
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

zzamora

Quote from: Jambo on August 29, 2012, 06:03:14 PM

Feel free to support them.

You seem to have a thing for QPR. Shove off and support them!

mikie

Being as half our old team are playing for them now i may just do that..

Admin

If this is correct and along with the 5 year contract they've just given him, Spurs have invested very heavily in an unproven player at that level and we've certainly just had it off financially. For a player with 1 year remaining on his contract, I don't think we had an option but to sell for that price.

I'm not sure if this is 100% correct yet but I'll do some digging and find out.

fulhamben

Quote from: mikie on August 29, 2012, 06:11:12 PM
yes but the crap half.

zzamora

Quote from: mikie on August 29, 2012, 06:11:12 PM
Feel free.

You won't be missed.

zander

This would be very good business/negotiating by us if true.

Where are you getting that from?

Grant

I can't describe how gutted I am, I had Dembele down as the best player I've ever seen in a Fulham shirt, and I've seen a few. The thing that bugs me more than anything is that Tottenham can seem like such a more attractive club than Fulham, and while we're prepared to sell them our best players, that will always be the case. I've supported Fulham for 50 years and we've never won anything, and I'll probably die knowing we've never won anything. We've got to learn to hang on to a good player when we get one or we'll always be just little old Fulham. I'm going to try and console myself with the fact that Moussa will help contribute to the cost of our new stand, a step that will go towards making us a bigger club, but I'm totally gutted, us Fulham supporters never seem to get a decent break.

zzamora

Quote from: Admin on August 29, 2012, 06:11:57 PM
If this is correct and along with the 5 year contract they've just given him, Spurs have invested very heavily in an unproven player at that level and we've certainly just had it off financially. For a player with 1 year remaining on his contract, I don't think we had an option but to sell for that price.

I'm not sure if this is 100% correct yet but I'll do some digging and find out.

I think your bang on the mark here Admin. I think the "15 million" release clause was a term coined by a press in reference to what Fulham would take- and somebody took it as actual fact he had a clause in his contract.

19 million sounds more like we would realistically take, and with the modric money, what Spurs would be willing to shell out to replace him. Unproven at CL too, but hey, I think he'll make it.

Good post.

Admin

I think a certain few of you want to lighten up with the name calling. If not, I will take the necessary steps needed to close this thread down and warn each and every one of you about your childish behaviour.

Me-ate-Live, innit??

FFCSteve

Just seen Dembele confirmed on Sky sports.
Am I the only one who feels physically sick at his leaving?
I think were really gonna come up short without him!
COYW!!! Bring back Rene! But I do like Slav!

Nero

Quote from: mikie on August 29, 2012, 05:33:02 PM
:dft004:
Hang your head in shame fulham. Last nights result coupled with offloading Dembele is why i dont buy season tickets anymore... As far as i am concerned you have ripped of many of my fellow Fulham supporters and friends. Disgusting!!!

And hence why the club dont have enough money to keep there good players, strange that isn't it.

Quills

Dembele's always been very open about using us as a stepping stone and wanting to move on to bigger things, and who can blame him - he is definitely Champions League quality, which is why it makes it more puzzling that the rumoured Utd move didn't come off.  If Utd had signed him I'd have put a tenner on them for the league, but never mind.  Given that I don't think any amount of money could have persuaded him to stay.  We had two great seasons from him and I think the club have done the sensible thing.  The overreaction from everyone on this board is getting a bit tiresome now.  If you really are that upset about it you may as well cut your losses and go and support City.  

I am sorry to see Dembele go but I can't honestly say I feel 'let down' because of the club's refusal to run a sustainable business like a teenager let loose on Football Manager.

Steve_orino

Fulham Supporter - Est. 03/2008
"My aim is to stabilise, sustain, and have the club move forward." Shad Khan 07/2013
@Borino09

Jack Fulham

So Dembele is worth 2/3's of the new stand impressive stuff.

Let's go spend!

fulhamben

Quote from: Nero on August 29, 2012, 06:21:27 PM
Quote from: mikie on August 29, 2012, 05:33:02 PM
:dft004:
Hang your head in shame fulham. Last nights result coupled with offloading Dembele is why i dont buy season tickets anymore... As far as i am concerned you have ripped of many of my fellow Fulham supporters and friends. Disgusting!!!

And hence why the club dont have enough money to keep there good players, strange that isn't it.
who have we lost due to not having money. im intriguied. dembele a clause was activated so not him. aj we let go on a free as we did with murphy. so who prey tell are these players we have lost due to no money

sunburywhite

Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me