watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Berbatov - Update - in club car to Motspur - merged

Started by spikey norman, August 29, 2012, 06:38:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ordar

Was told earlier this week that #THFC had made a 'gentle enquiry' about Berbatov but had gone no further. Still hasn't joined #FFC @BenSmithBBC

ffcbulgaria

Quote from: Berserker on August 31, 2012, 09:58:30 AM
Apparently turned us down and gone to Spurs

He'll have agreed terms with them before noon but will decide to join Malaga in the early afternoon. In the late afternoon while flying to Spain he'll miss his connection at Hamburg and will decide to join the local team. A few minutes before transfer deadline he'll actually use his internet signature to accept the contract offered by either CSKA Moscow or Zenit St. Peterburg.....

PokerMatt

This is Ruiz having a helicopter sent down to get him up to Newcastle all over again.

But did newcastle even show interest? I don't think so. Last day speculation. I'm waiting for official announcements on this one.
Follow me: @mattdjourno

domprague

You came all this way ... and you lost, and you lost.

jelmo

FulhamMic

In his Friday morning press conference, Sir Alex Ferguson suggested that Tottenham had made a late attempt to redirect Berbatov once again. However a senior source at Fulham confirmed this morning that their £4m deal had gone through. The Bulgaria stirker is to be paid £80,000 a week at his new club.

http://sulia.com/channel/soccer/f/a97e8fe5-aa92-4015-8251-7a881bf5e6ab/?source=twitter

Jamie88

This really does seem like one of those too good to be true transfers, and the longer it seems to take for the club to announce it, the more and more worried I am about a spanner in the works. And now Ferguson has made it a lot worse!

MontenegroWhite

:bang head:

Still nothing official, and he had medical yesterday, so it is obvious there is something strange there.

Boggers

If it does go through, is anyone else a little bit twitchy about his £80k a week wages? Very un-Fulham like...
"I never comment on referees and I'm not about to break the habit of a lifetime for that prat" - Ron Atkinson

http://alrightbeav.wordpress.com/

@shutuposhea

westcliff white

our medicals take ages always have done.

i get encouraged and the deflated with this deal. just missed the guy on sky about spurs so not sure what he said
Every day is a Fulham day

alexbishop

Quote from: Boggers on August 31, 2012, 11:18:25 AM
If it does go through, is anyone else a little bit twitchy about his £80k a week wages? Very un-Fulham like...

Big vote of confidence from the board for Jol ey? We've freed up a big chunk of our wage bill when AJ, Zamora, Murphy and co left though so no doubt we can afford it. I reckon he'll be on a 50k basic going up to 80k based on performance.
Fulham Fan Est. 1997

t: @alexmbishop

BishopsParkFantastic

Why wouldn't Berbatov go to Spurs. Look how he behaved with the Italian clubs. All this hype about Berbatov - where would he play? First choice in front of Petric? (waste of Petric's goal scoriing/poaching talent) Puts Ruiz back on the wing? (not his best position - waste of talent) Puts Hugo on the wing (not his best position - waste of talent) Trotta (reduces or removes his opportunity for 1st team game play). We need a top quality central midfield player.

Boggers

Quote from: alexbishop on August 31, 2012, 11:20:46 AM
Quote from: Boggers on August 31, 2012, 11:18:25 AM

Big vote of confidence from the board for Jol ey? We've freed up a big chunk of our wage bill when AJ, Zamora, Murphy and co left though so no doubt we can afford it. I reckon he'll be on a 50k basic going up to 80k based on performance.

I hope so, wages like this can set a precedent at clubs though. I hope MAF and AlMac have sanctioned this as a one-off.

Incidentally, if he does sign, how many seasons do you think he'll stay with us?
"I never comment on referees and I'm not about to break the habit of a lifetime for that prat" - Ron Atkinson

http://alrightbeav.wordpress.com/

@shutuposhea

FulhamMic

BBC Monitoring reports: "Dimitar Berbatov will give a news conference in Bulgaria's capital Sofia at 10:00 BST on Monday, the country's sports web portal Gong.bg reports. 'Berbatov and his agent Emil Dantchev are expected to give details about his transfer to Fulham,' the website said, recalling that the two gave a similar press briefing four years ago when the striker joined Man Utd from Spurs."

alexbishop

Quote from: BishopsParkFantastic on August 31, 2012, 11:32:40 AM
Why wouldn't Berbatov go to Spurs. Look how he behaved with the Italian clubs. All this hype about Berbatov - where would he play? First choice in front of Petric? (waste of Petric's goal scoriing/poaching talent) Puts Ruiz back on the wing? (not his best position - waste of talent) Puts Hugo on the wing (not his best position - waste of talent) Trotta (reduces or removes his opportunity for 1st team game play). We need a top quality central midfield player.

It's called flexibility, healthy competition for places and back up if injuries occur.

Jol will decide on his preferred line up and then other players will come in off the bench to impact games, or they will replace players in bad form/or injured.

I imagine Berbatov would play up top with Petric just behind him. Ruiz would either play wide right or drop deeper into central midfield to fill Dembele's place next to Diarra.
Fulham Fan Est. 1997

GloucesterWhite

Quote from: FulhamMic on August 31, 2012, 11:35:50 AM
BBC Monitoring reports: "Dimitar Berbatov will give a news conference in Bulgaria's capital Sofia at 10:00 BST on Monday, the country's sports web portal Gong.bg reports. 'Berbatov and his agent Emil Dantchev are expected to give details about his transfer to Fulham,' the website said, recalling that the two gave a similar press briefing four years ago when the striker joined Man Utd from Spurs."

Why would he be in Sofia on Monday when he should be training with his new team mates?

ffcbulgaria

Quote from: FulhamMic on August 31, 2012, 11:35:50 AM

Generally Gong is the most reliable and objective source when it comes to sports news in Bulgaria. This has been put on their website since yesterday 23.38 Bulgarian time (21.38 GMT). I've been reluctant to share it because with Fulham you never know before its announced on the official website.

ffcbulgaria

Quote from: GloucesterWhite on August 31, 2012, 11:37:59 AM

Why would he be in Sofia on Monday when he should be training with his new team mates?

Because its the International break next week and he also received call-up for the national squad. No idea if he's going to accept and play but pretty sure he'll be able to get a day off if his next game is in 2 weeks time?!

Senior Supporter

I've just seen for the first time the clip of Ferguson's comments about Berbatov and Tottenham.

It seems quite obvious to me that he was just being mischevious. He even finished by saying something like "no honestly I don't know where he is".

It's a bit worrying though that there is nothing official from the club, even though the Richardson deal has been confirmed.

alexbishop

Berbatov on his way in club car to Motspur Park to sign remaining paperwork.

BREAKING NEWS! Berbatov is going to ... [rolls drum ... drum rolls too far ... drum keeps rolling ... chases drum ... eventually catches drum ... pants hard] ... Fulham. I will have the story for you ASAP. But he is 100% going there. I promise. And you can trust my promises. I am an honorable man. Unlike Brutus. That news comes via Jamie Jackson and David Hytner by the way. Two other honorable men. Unlike Brutus.

Berbatov is going to sign for #fulham. He is en route to club now, in a club car, driven by a club driver. #spurs hijack not going to happen

#fulham have the no9 shirt ready for Berbatov. He signed the majority of paperwork last night. He might even train with them this afternoon

All from the guardian.
Fulham Fan Est. 1997