more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Food Discussion

Started by Steve_orino, April 11, 2010, 05:11:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HatterDon

Quote from: clintclintdeuce on June 03, 2010, 08:31:09 PM
I had this chicken and lamb shawarma in Romania that was by far the best thing ive ever eaten in my life. Even London couldnt match this shawarma.

I was in the Bahamas and had some curry and it wasnt even close to the stuff back in London. But the jerk conch was fantastic.

I had the vindaloo 18 hrs before my flight back to the states after the villa game last May. My only mistake was not sitting closer to the head on the plane.

Buffalo wings are a part of America now just as McDonalds is. Where Im at in Florida now, theres wing places on each corner. The hotter the better in my book.... as long as you have some celery.

And James, you know what the best stadium fare is..... its the footlong hot dog on the cibatta bun at the back of the Hammersmith mate. Close second is the hotdog in Clevelands Jacobs field with their own brand of spicy brown mustard.

a Polack Johnny's and an ice cold National Boh at Baltimore's Memorial Stadium in the early 80s. Oriole Magic, BIG TIME BELCH
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: finnster01 on June 03, 2010, 04:47:29 AM
I never had wings the way you make them here. Arse on fire, sweating like a pig, but enjoying every second of it. You have that Buffalo wings art down to a tee. Especially here on the east coast. :045:

In England, Fish and Chips is a bit of a dodgy proposition because if you don't do it right it can be very wrong and we are also very religious about what it should look and taste like. Bangers and mash a bit of the same, but I happen to love it in most places. Interestingly enough, I have struggled to find a decent bangers & mash place even at the Irish pubs in New York. It is OK, but not the same as you would get at your local in London.

Steak and Kidney pie is crap in my book, but Fat Freddy likes it.

Oh Finny, your already turning yanky doodle dandy, i mentioned steak and kidney pudding, not pie me ole china.

McBridefan1

Buffalo wings are a part of America now just as McDonalds is. Where Im at in Florida now, theres wing places on each corner. The hotter the better in my book.... as long as you have some celery.

And blue cheese dressing to dunk 'em in... I don't care what you say your a$$hole and your tastebuds will thank you for it...

AmericanJames

Quote from: McBridefan1 on June 04, 2010, 12:57:35 AM

And blue cheese dressing to dunk 'em in... I don't care what you say your a$$hole and your tastebuds will thank you for it...
I'll pass on the Blue cheese dressing and pick up some ranch instead, just a bit of personal preference tho. I have tried a bit of sour cream with them as well and the pairing works well together.

Some people are literally too stupid to insult

Steve_orino

Quote from: HatterDon on June 03, 2010, 05:51:10 PM
Everytime I go to the pub for a match, I usually order the "Expat's breakfast" with my Fuller's ESB. It's reputedly the old-style "full English breakfast." Well, there is a fried tomato half, two sausage links, and fries to go along with the two eggs. But where's the blood sausage slice? Where's the REAL English bangers? Where's the mountain of food that used to be labeled "full English farmhouse breakfast" when I first tasted them in the 60s? Ah, these kids today.

The Missus has told me that she would make a "Full English Breakfast" on Father's Day...can't wait!

Not sure I can get away with a beer at the breakfast table but hey, it's Father's Day!   :beer:
Fulham Supporter - Est. 03/2008
"My aim is to stabilise, sustain, and have the club move forward." Shad Khan 07/2013
@Borino09

AmericanJames

Have a Guiness in a coffee mug, she might not notice the difference :55:

McBridefan1

Guiness is actually 10 times healthier than an English Breakfast.

clintclintdeuce

Quote from: AmericanJames on June 04, 2010, 06:05:57 AM
Have a Guiness in a coffee mug, she might not notice the difference :55:

Brilliant!
The Dude abides.

Steve_orino

I was told by a work colleague, who mentioned that her grandmother is British, to pick up some Tipp's Tea to go along with the breakfast.

Can anyone comment on this stuff?  Would this be better than Fuller's?
Fulham Supporter - Est. 03/2008
"My aim is to stabilise, sustain, and have the club move forward." Shad Khan 07/2013
@Borino09

HatterDon

Quote from: Steve_orino on June 05, 2010, 12:43:35 PM
I was told by a work colleague, who mentioned that her grandmother is British, to pick up some Tipp's Tea to go along with the breakfast.

Can anyone comment on this stuff?  Would this be better than Fuller's?

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

FatFreddysCat

Sainsburys Red label is the best tea, i think you was on about PG Tipps  Steve. Cant stand all that Earl Grey poo though.

Logicalman

Freddie, unfortunately we cannot find the 'local' stores brews over here, but we DO get PG Tips, and it's a life-saver.

Steve, yep, get some PG Tips, available at any international food shop counter but also here in Indiana Meijers sells it as well. well worth it mate. As Freddie says, stay clear of the Earl Greys, etc, unless/until you get the taste for the old rosie and then you start experimenting.

FatFreddysCat

I've noticed when i'm abroad most cups of tea have the teabag attached to string, and no matter how many times you dunk it, you still get a really piss weak cup. LogicalMan, if you have relatives coming over get them to bring the Sainsburys tea over for you, i dont shop in Sainsburys, but go just to get the tea. And what a great idea about the Irish making sausages over there. I actually think you could make a decent living in Turkey if you had a bit of land and learnt how to make proper sausages, lots of expats in places like Altinkum as well as holiday makers, all eating sausages made in Turkey, which are as bad as you can imagine.

clintclintdeuce

tea is for soccer playing sissies... have a red bull! lololol
The Dude abides.

TheDaddy

Sorry for the late entry lads but have you ever had bacon and onion pudding (suet) with lashings of gravey followed by trecale sponge and custard .Pg tips makes a lovely cuppa just a shame abut the bloody monkeys "Dad do you know the piano is on my foot" "you hum it ill play it son "
"Well blow me if it wasnt the badger who did it "

tjl

T Daddy, my gran used to make bacon pudding always on a Friday and to feed the 12 or so in the extended family she would roll the monster up in a pillow case pinned with nappy pins, to keep it moist and soft in the middle gran used to stuff in as many onions as possible the whole ting was cooked in the old boiler in the back kitchen, as you say this served with mash, peas and as much gravy as you could get on the plate a meal fit for a king, some times if gran was feeling good there was spotted dick and custard to follow, spotted dick was the same suet pud only with currants in cooked in the same way so the two puds could be cooked in the same boiler o happy days.

clintclintdeuce

was just in Memphis's airport yesterday, and the wafting smell of BBQ when I got off my plane was absolutly incredible. The BBQ sub that I ate while following that smell was even better. They had this hot pepper relish with it as well..... so good.
The Dude abides.

FatFreddysCat

Any Germans on here wishing to send me some decent Bratwurst (not the white ones) are more than welcome, i love it, though the curry wurst was a right let down.

AmericanJames

I enjoyed the Currywurst when i had it in Bremen, I thought it lived up to expectations, but the hot dog from the street vendor had to be the best thing i had during my short visit other than the Haake Beck that is.

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: AmericanJames on June 17, 2010, 10:50:44 PM
I enjoyed the Currywurst when i had it in Bremen, I thought it lived up to expectations, but the hot dog from the street vendor had to be the best thing i had during my short visit other than the Haake Beck that is.
Your coming from the US James, your expectancy of something with the word curry in would be greatly differant from mine. I tried it in a few locations just incase i'd got a bad one, and all were crap. Plain old Bratwurst rules. And they do the best scramble egg in the World.