watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

cant be to down after that

Started by Jambo, September 29, 2012, 07:46:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jambo

We worked really hard against probably the most expensivemy assembled squads in Europe.  I thought Ruiz was excellent today and against sides that are more our level we will cause them lots of problems.  Surprised what some have said about Sidwell, from where I was I thought he was poor and gave it away far to much.  Any how lots of positives.
We all see the game differently, FoF has taught me that.

@jambohunt

http://jameshuntbw.blogspot.co.uk/

MJG

I would usually stick up for Sidwell but today he put two missed passes in the first four minutes and thar summed up his day. Got caught in possession a few times and nothing much worked for him.
A tough day for a lot of players and he was one who suffered the most.

Denver Fulham

Quote from: Jambo on September 29, 2012, 07:46:25 PM
I thought Ruiz was excellent today

You're kidding, right? I thought he was the most disappointing aspect of the match. Lost possession cheaply and constantly, didn't work to track back to regain possession. I'm not all about workrate, but if you don't have workrate, you can't also lose possession constantly and have no burst to exploit gaps on the turn.

Travers Barney

For me I thought pretty well every player played to the maximum of their ability today...we were in the end beaten by a team with better players..the time of the goal is the pain.

No need to be down

coyw
We are the whites

domprague

Quote from: Travers Barney on September 29, 2012, 08:41:24 PM
For me I thought pretty well every player played to the maximum of their ability today...we were in the end beaten by a team with better players..the time of the goal is the pain.

No need to be down

coyw

They were better than us. I was disappointed with the way we conceded both goals but they were better. It might have been different with Berbatov to hold it up but Rodallega, for all his various gifts, is not a target man.
You came all this way ... and you lost, and you lost.

ffcbulgaria

Quote from: Denver Fulham on September 29, 2012, 08:20:56 PM

You're kidding, right? I thought he was the most disappointing aspect of the match. Lost possession cheaply and constantly, didn't work to track back to regain possession. I'm not all about workrate, but if you don't have workrate, you can't also lose possession constantly and have no burst to exploit gaps on the turn.

here here who's the one kidding... first half i counted his errors - poor passes+lost possesion = 4 or 5. Interceptions and ball won = 6 or could be 7 especially some of those after losing the ball himself.

Yea I understand you want him to waste 0 balls and win 10 with lunging tackles but if Murphy showed up with the same stats last year you would be saying how good a game he had.

Jambo

Everyone entitled to their opinion and all that but I am astonished but what you have just wrote.  We will leave it at that, I guess we may appreciate different facets of the game.  I guess the MOM thread means I'm not the only one.

@jambohunt

WestCountryWhite

Quote from: ffcbulgaria on September 29, 2012, 09:02:20 PM

here here who's the one kidding... first half i counted his errors - poor passes+lost possesion = 4 or 5. Interceptions and ball won = 6 or could be 7 especially some of those after losing the ball himself.

Yea I understand you want him to waste 0 balls and win 10 with lunging tackles but if Murphy showed up with the same stats last year you would be saying how good a game he had.

Second half Ruiz was determined to back out of every challenge. His inability to put a foot in at times is nothing short of pathetic

Travers Barney

Just saying that our blokes did ok against far better opposition...when dzeko,balotelli and nasri hit town as subs you know things are stacked up.

keep on keepin on.

coyw
We are the whites

Jambo

Quote from: WestCountryWhite on September 29, 2012, 09:13:14 PM
Quote from: ffcbulgaria on September 29, 2012, 09:02:20 PM

Second half Ruiz was determined to back out of every challenge. His inability to put a foot in at times is nothing short of pathetic

If that is what you expect from him than just copy and paste the above after every single game, will save time.  On the ball, creativeness, going forward he was our best player by a mile.  "Much easier to be a water carrier, you can find one of then on every corner" Eric Cantona talking about Didier Deschamps.

@jambohunt

ffcbulgaria

Quote from: WestCountryWhite on September 29, 2012, 09:13:14 PM

Guess you are backing him for the most disappointing aspect of the game as well? Although I don't see how for anyone Fulham related there could be something more disappointing than that Riise suicide at the end :) Can't blame him though... who is our last player that never made a mistake? (hint - probably Litmanen for an obvious reason)

jazz hardrockin

Very disappointing indeed
No animal is being hurt in the making of this posting.

EJL

zzamora

Quote from: EJL on September 29, 2012, 09:30:39 PM
SCAPEGOAT ALERT

This.

Some men can do no right.

Including Rodallega and Ruiz who outshone a unlively and uncreative Petric, but he gets the praise.

WestCountryWhite

Sorry but you don't need to be a "water carrier" to challeng for 50-50's or if you over 6 foot to jump for s header.
Condescending replys the lowest form of forum wit

Denver Fulham

Quote from: ddeuce on September 29, 2012, 09:33:27 PM
Quote from: EJL on September 29, 2012, 09:30:39 PM
SCAPEGOAT ALERT

This.

Some men can do no right.

Including Rodallega and Ruiz who outshone a unlively and uncreative Petric, but he gets the praise.

Petric was invisible today, but he was isolated with zero service. With the Baird-Sidwell pairing acting as de facto fifth and sixth defenders and also struggling with their passing, Ruiz had to be better receiving, keeping and distributing the ball, and he wasn't. Look at his passing chart for the game. Look at the unforced, soft turnovers he committed. I actually like Ruiz. I just thought he was a big disappointment today on the ball. We had 29% possession at home in part because every time our No. 10 received the ball, he wasted it.

Jambo

Quote from: WestCountryWhite on September 29, 2012, 09:36:08 PM
Sorry but you don't need to be a "water carrier" to challeng for 50-50's or if you over 6 foot to jump for s header.
Condescending replys the lowest form of forum wit

Its not condescending at all, nor was it meant to be witty.  I was pointing out that its very easy to have a team of Deschamps type players, but you won't win any games because you won't score goals.  Hughes, Hangeland, Baird and Sidwell are the guys I want to see going into 50-50's and when they win it give it to Ruiz, Duff, Petric, etc.    

@jambohunt

jazz hardrockin

Very Funny though....Fulham supporters glorifying a team which has had those results in a non so distance past....lol

Sep 15
Stoke City
1-1
Manchester City

Sep 18
Real Madrid
3-2

Manchester City
Sep 23
Manchester City
1-1
Arsenal

Sep 25
Manchester City
2-4
Aston Villa
Fulham supporters are very pleased and happy losing to a team who they believe is the greatest ever...lol...That's the excuse?
No animal is being hurt in the making of this posting.

Jambo

Quote from: jazz hardrockin on September 29, 2012, 09:44:31 PM
Very Funny though....Fulham supporters glorifying a team which has had those results in a non so distance past....lol

Sep 15
Stoke City
1-1
Manchester City

Sep 18
Real Madrid
3-2

Manchester City
Sep 23
Manchester City
1-1
Arsenal

Sep 25
Manchester City
2-4
Aston Villa
Fulham supporters are very pleased and happy losing to a team who they believe is the greatest ever...lol...That's the excuse?

Losing 3-2 in the Bernebeu isn't a terrible result.  They are unbeaten in the league and are current Champions, not to mention they were able to bring on £75m worth of talent today.  I didn't expect anything from the game but if I needed an excuse there is plenty there.

@jambohunt

WestCountryWhite

Berbatov isn't a deschamps type player and has been labelled continuously as lazy (by united and spuds fans) but to my eyes he's worked his socks off in the two and a half games he played he's made more challenges then Ruiz has in the entire time he's worn the shirt.
Because your a number 10 does not give you the right to not put a foot in especially with a team dominating the middle of the park. Even cantona got stuck in! Only number 10 that reminds me if Ruiz in his manner is Ozil and that's why Mr mouriniho benches him on a regular basis