watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

cant be to down after that

Started by Jambo, September 29, 2012, 07:46:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lighthouse

Must admit cannot be too sad for a Fulham team that were at least a division or two below the class of their opponents. That is what comes of doing what we did and didn't to in the transfer market. No good blaming Ruiz who was very good in periods today. Rodders worked hard and Petric did ok the few times he saw the ball.

But any team who plays without the ball for over 70 per cent of the game even though they are at home. Well it is a fact we were not in the same class. Not the players fault. May have been the tactics. But really we are what we are. While we may have tried to make the team better than we have been. We didn't and ended up with a very basic side and with injury problems are naming kids and old men on the bench. Now who did City bring on from their bench?

So if I have come to the conclusion we are not as good as we were. Just accept it and hope that we are good enough to have a good middle of the road season.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

cusackdribble

Only a matter of time before a regular poster throws his/her toys out of the pram and flounces off in a huff only to come crawling back in a couple of week's time.

Me-ate-Live, innit??

Actually Lofty according to the Beeb we had 50% possession
We kept a good hold of the big ones  such as YaYa  and Balotelli but we forgot the tiddlers............Aguero,  Silva and Dzeko  !!!
At around the 80 min mark it looked like they had two players to our one

Me-ate-Live, innit??

Quote from: cusackdribble on September 29, 2012, 11:59:33 PM
Only a matter of time before a regular poster throws his/her toys out of the pram and flounces off in a huff only to come crawling back in a couple of week's time.

Who are YOU ???????

Lighthouse

Quote from: KCat on September 30, 2012, 12:00:23 AM
Actually Lofty according to the Beeb we had 50% possession
We kept a good hold of the big ones  such as YaYa  and Balotelli but we forgot the tiddlers............Aguero,  Silva and Dzeko  !!!
At around the 80 min mark it looked like they had two players to our one

:011:

50% is like me being 12 stone and happy all the time. It is just wrong.  :Get Coat gif:
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

jazz hardrockin

Quote from: Count Berbatov on September 29, 2012, 11:21:33 PM
What a sh1t day.. United got beaten well and deservedly so. Not sure what Fergie was thinking with the team selection...That is what cost us the title last year.
City plays their best of the season, gets away with all 3.
...Oh, and you played well. Wish Berba was fit. Ruiz started well, very well, but faded. Petric got isolated. Perhaps as Ruiz lost some of his edge. No one else had much of a going forward intentions. Hugo is an energizer bunny
Don't feel down. Imagine how Arsenal and United fans feel now.
Hope Berba is back earlier than expected and hope the mystery midfielder is what all Jol expects him to be

Well at least you have RVP ...lol...to cherish now,why are you crying? And you also have that guy Shrek the "game winner"...lol...Oh...wait, he didn't score at all ,never mind wining the game....lol...What happened to the "high tempo,high pace kind of thing" Red Nose was barking about....lol...Top 6 will be a challenge for you this season and maybe,just maybe next one too....lol
No animal is being hurt in the making of this posting.

Count Berbatov

Quote from: jazz hardrockin on September 30, 2012, 12:44:29 AM
What a sh1t day.. United got beaten well and deservedly so. Not sure what Fergie was thinking with the team selection...That is what cost us the title last year.
...Oh, and you played well. Wish Berba was fit. Ruiz started well, very well, but faded. Petric got isolated. Perhaps as Ruiz lost some of his edge. No one else had much of a going forward intentions. Hugo is an energizer bunny
Hope Berba is back earlier than expected and hope the mystery midfielder is what all Jol expects him to be

Well at least you have RVP ...lol...to cherish now,why are you crying? And you also have that guy Shrek the "game winner"...lol...Oh...wait, he didn't score at all ,never mind wining the game....lol...What happened to the "high tempo,high pace kind of thing" Red Nose was barking about....lol...Top 6 will be a challenge for you this season and maybe,just maybe next one too....lol
SAF is loosing it. Rooney changed the game as soon as he came on. Hit the post too. The tempo was high only in the second half. RvP missed a golden chance one on one against Fridel. Carrick hit the bar.. Giggsy and Scholes and Carrick does not add up to fast football. The one SAF was referring to, when let go of Berba.
United are playing sh1t at the moment. But will finish top 2
You're enjoying this aren't you
Berbatov has Cantona's knack of being the man amid a stampede towards the door who stops to notice a side exit that nobody else has seen.

Jonathan Northcroft on Berbatov:  "...like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons from a deckchair"

jarv

It's funny how differently peopple see a game. So no need to get upset if someone else posts a different opinion to yours. My son watched it today (as did I) and when we spoke at the end I thoght he had seen a different game.

Reminded me of the best T shirt I have ever seen, worn by a bartender at my local...

I AM TRYING TO SEE THINGS FROM YOUR POINT OF VIEW BUT I CANT GET MY HEAD THAT FAR UP MY ASS.

It's just a different opinion, that's all.

ffcbulgaria

Quote from: jarv on September 30, 2012, 01:36:45 AM
I AM TRYING TO SEE THINGS FROM YOUR POINT OF VIEW BUT I CANT GET MY HEAD THAT FAR UP MY ASS.

It's just a different opinion, that's all.

Well I hope it wasn't printed in caps cause that'd have been one hell of a size for t-shirt to fit all those letters on it...

Holders

Quote from: Lighthouse on September 29, 2012, 11:44:50 PM
Must admit cannot be too sad for a Fulham team that were at least a division or two below the class of their opponents. That is what comes of doing what we did and didn't to in the transfer market. No good blaming Ruiz who was very good in periods today. Rodders worked hard and Petric did ok the few times he saw the ball.

But any team who plays without the ball for over 70 per cent of the game even though they are at home. Well it is a fact we were not in the same class. Not the players fault. May have been the tactics. But really we are what we are. While we may have tried to make the team better than we have been. We didn't and ended up with a very basic side and with injury problems are naming kids and old men on the bench. Now who did City bring on from their bench?

So if I have come to the conclusion we are not as good as we were. Just accept it and hope that we are good enough to have a good middle of the road season.

Agreed, except that I thought that the tactics worked well in the first half in that we threatened on the break, second half they were all over us. Maybe they just passed it better and we tired. We needed to keep the ball much better even if we went nowhere for a bit, to take the pressure off.

Having said that, it wasn't a penalty and they deserved the win.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Max Headroom

I think we were just outplayed today.....

The bottom line was we didn't keep the ball.. 30 per cent possession. We really missed Dembele and Diarra today. There was no link play in central midfield at all.

Personally, I am a massive Ruiz fan, but I wouldn't have started with him yesterday. He is our most creative player and great at spotting the opportunity, but does sometimes get caught in possession - not great against a team that presses like Man City. If we are playing for a draw as we were then a luxury. However, absolutely he should be starting next week against Southampton.

Baird and Sidwell were not at the races yesterday, but they were up against Toure and Silva, two of the best players in the world. It will be very different next weekend.

Dembele would have made a real difference yesterday.....

VicHalomsLovechild

I'd have to agree with Jarv. It's funny how we all see the same game so differently. I doubt there was a Fulham player on the park yesterday that would of made City's bench let alone their starting eleven. I thought we stuck to the task really well and only lost concentration occasionally. City came out for the second half with a plan that really did stiffle any creative play we had left. We played alot better than against Wet Spam so I'm guessing Jol and the backroom staff are doing their stuff.
Like the new chants as well today :-)

cmg

Quote from: cusackdribble on September 29, 2012, 11:59:33 PM

Aha, so that's what all the recent Micky Mousery has been all about. Sorry, I'm a bit slow due to advancing years. (Did I ever tell you about the time that Fred Cal....?oh, no...better not go there...)

Actually it doesn't always work. Nobody noticed when I flounced off in a huff sometime last week. On the other hand it also went unnoticed when I came crawling back some 17 minutes later, so it's not all bad.

HatterDon

Quote from: Count Berbatov on September 30, 2012, 01:21:35 AM
Quote from: jazz hardrockin on September 30, 2012, 12:44:29 AM

SAF is loosing it. Rooney changed the game as soon as he came on. Hit the post too. The tempo was high only in the second half. RvP missed a golden chance one on one against Fridel. Carrick hit the bar.. Giggsy and Scholes and Carrick does not add up to fast football. The one SAF was referring to, when let go of Berba.
United are playing sh1t at the moment. But will finish top 2
You're enjoying this aren't you

And in the midst of a thread about OUR match, we're getting a running commentary about the United match. Hauntingly familiar, this. I remember a certain Russian who posted on here about Liverpool constantly.

No, I'm not going to "flounce off" -- I'm too old and fat to flounce -- and it won't be in a huff or even an hour and a huff. Can't you see what I'm trying to say?

Hatter "the African explorer; did someone call me schnorer" Don
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

jazz hardrockin

Hehe...you forgot conveniently all the Yanks crapping everywhere collectively, but remember the Russian....lol.... And I get it. You are not talking about the Russian,you are talking about me. So,how may I help you best? Honestly.

HatterDon

Quote from: jazz hardrockin on October 01, 2012, 12:10:11 AM
Hehe...you forgot conveniently all the Yanks crapping everywhere collectively, but remember the Russian....lol.... And I get it. You are not talking about the Russian,you are talking about me. So,how may I help you best? Honestly.

You sound like my sister-in-law. I hate to tell you this, but it really ISN'T all about you. I wasn't talking about you at all in this case. relax lol
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Count Berbatov

I'm sorry, come again? Have you read any other comments of mine in regards to any United games on this forum? I responded to a question about my original post.
Berbatov has Cantona's knack of being the man amid a stampede towards the door who stops to notice a side exit that nobody else has seen.

Jonathan Northcroft on Berbatov:  "...like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons from a deckchair"

jazz hardrockin

OK Hatter,I am glad to know we are almost relatives now. I am also flattered you find me attractive and humbled as much as she is.  :dft012:  And not to worry ,"relax" is my middle name.  :beer:

JBH

Quote from: ffcbulgaria on September 29, 2012, 09:02:20 PM
Quote from: Denver Fulham on September 29, 2012, 08:20:56 PM
Quote from: Jambo on September 29, 2012, 07:46:25 PM
I thought Ruiz was excellent today

You're kidding, right? I thought he was the most disappointing aspect of the match. Lost possession cheaply and constantly, didn't work to track back to regain possession. I'm not all about workrate, but if you don't have workrate, you can't also lose possession constantly and have no burst to exploit gaps on the turn.

here here who's the one kidding... first half i counted his errors - poor passes+lost possesion = 4 or 5. Interceptions and ball won = 6 or could be 7 especially some of those after losing the ball himself.

Yea I understand you want him to waste 0 balls and win 10 with lunging tackles but if Murphy showed up with the same stats last year you would be saying how good a game he had.

If Murphy had shown up with the same stats I would have been amazed!!!

MasterHaynes

Quote from: jazz hardrockin on September 29, 2012, 09:57:48 PM
Don't know much about Ruiz, but judging his game today he is a no leader. neither a creative either.
Just how many times do you have to repeat the same opinion in multiple threads before you can move on. You patently don't like Ruiz - WE know, WE get it, now please move on for all our sakes.