watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Football Manager 2013

Started by elgreenio, October 23, 2012, 09:49:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

elgreenio

ah ok, that's probably why then. The classic version is a massively streamlined FM, so the chances are the responsibilities will be pre-set, aswell as only allowing you to hire the key staff. Not played classic myself to know the ins and outs but that will be why you're missing quite a bit.
touch my camera through the fence

SaltfordWhite

I guess that makes sense, cheers!  Although I am surprised if they have streamlined it that much!

Still, the demo has served its  purpose, the game looks brilliant.

MJG

I like the classic mode because you can play a season in about ten hours and not in real time. The game has got more dense/bloated/complicated and it just takes too long to play. As someone who has played the game since 93, the classic version has a real 'back to basics' fun feel to it.

SaltfordWhite

Quote from: MJG on November 16, 2012, 06:23:40 PM
I like the classic mode because you can play a season in about ten hours and not in real time. The game has got more dense/bloated/complicated and it just takes too long to play. As someone who has played the game since 93, the classic version has a real 'back to basics' fun feel to it.

This is me!  I battle away with the newer versions, but there is just so much to consider and I generally end up losing interest when the game decides it's time for me to have a losing run for no reason that I can ever fathom out.

It's why I am hoping that this classic mode will kind of give me a return to the good old days.

Mitch

Quote from: SaltfordWhite on November 16, 2012, 06:57:38 PM

This is me!  I battle away with the newer versions, but there is just so much to consider and I generally end up losing interest when the game decides it's time for me to have a losing run for no reason that I can ever fathom out.

It's why I am hoping that this classic mode will kind of give me a return to the good old days.

I don't think you can sign Cherno Samba!

MJG

Quote from: Mitch on November 16, 2012, 07:31:07 PM
Quote from: SaltfordWhite on November 16, 2012, 06:57:38 PM

I don't think you can sign Cherno Samba!
blast from the past.

SaltfordWhite

God bless good old Cherno!

An awesome double act also used to be Nathan Ellington and peter Weatherstone, they were machines back in the day before it all got too technical!  :035:

Bassey the warrior

Must sign player: David Ospina. I got him on a bosman in 2013. Keep an eye out for him in the January 2013 window as you can get him on a pre-contract. He is absolute quality. Incredible reflexes and very consistent.

Mitch

Quick tip for those that want to get good English youth - On the day you receive your intake of new youth players, view your u18 squad, then use the up and down tab on the top left hand side to view other u18's - it only brings up the good squads for some reason (Derby, Palace, Watford, Arsenal, Man Utd, Crewe etc) - arrange to view by age and look for the 14-16 yr olds and look for anything about £250k. Scout those players and most of them will be 4-5 star potential - snap up those you can.

valdeingruo

For those having issues with Berba happiness, ask him for players to improve the team. He should say Robbie Brady, cost 1.5 mil to pull him from the Man Utd reserves, he instantly likes you for that. Not to mention Brady is really good cover on the left.
Self proclaimed tactical genius, football manager approved.

http://imgur.com/a/A1mhi

btings

I'm in 2022 with my FM 2012 save, I'm sort of reluctant to give it up :\

MJG

Quote from: btings on November 30, 2012, 04:10:13 AM
Whats the total game time?

elgreenio

had zero time to play recently so am only in January season 2. Buying Dembele back though, Spurs seem to ruin everybody.

Finished 6th season 1 and am through to the knockout stage of the europa league (vs FC Lorient, with Sporting or somebody else to play if I go through).

team :

Viviano

Fabio (loan)
Zaccardo
Hangeland
Riise

Ruiz
Diarra
Rodwell (loan)
Frei

Berba
Ademilson

also have Chadli, Heleniu, Sahilovic plus a load of random youngsters.
touch my camera through the fence

MJG

Quote from: elgreenio on November 30, 2012, 07:18:37 AM
had zero time to play recently so am only in January season 2. Buying Dembele back though, Spurs seem to ruin everybody.

Finished 6th season 1 and am through to the knockout stage of the europa league (vs FC Lorient, with Sporting or somebody else to play if I go through).

team :

Viviano

Fabio (loan)
Zaccardo
Hangeland
Riise

Ruiz
Diarra
Rodwell (loan)
Frei

Berba
Ademilson

also have Chadli, Heleniu, Sahilovic plus a load of random youngsters.
What No Senderos?

Bryanthebroom

Looking for some decent tutors for Wellington nem. Really annoys me that only berba can tutor him and that never works out too well. Need someone with professional or ambitious personality, preferably on the cheap. Anyone know of anybody?

ClarksOriginal

Quote from: Bryanthebroom on November 30, 2012, 02:11:02 PM
Looking for some decent tutors for Wellington nem. Really annoys me that only berba can tutor him and that never works out too well. Need someone with professional or ambitious personality, preferably on the cheap. Anyone know of anybody?

Mark Hughes?
@sonikkicks on Twitter.

Mitch

Quote from: ClarksOriginal on November 30, 2012, 02:13:48 PM

Mark Hughes?

HAHAHA!

btings

Quote from: MJG on November 30, 2012, 06:45:42 AM
Quote from: btings on November 30, 2012, 04:10:13 AM
Whats the total game time?

Like 170 days or something, but I basically just leave the game running 24/7.  Actual played time is less.

Bassey the warrior

Does he really need tutoring though? He's already a pretty good player at the start of the game. Just needs to work on his finishing.

Bassey the warrior

My team:
                Ospina

Clyne Hangeland Rafael Toloi Fabio (loan)

Mulumbu  Yttergard Jenssen

Wellington Nem  Dzagoev  Sinclair (loan)

Ademilson

Season 2014-2015, won the Capital One Cup, just beaten Real Madrid in the first leg of the first knockout stage in the Champions Cup. Currently sitting fifth in the league and still in the FA Cup. Pretty amazing season.

David Ospina is key. Sign him up.