more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

How strange we Football Fans are

Started by Peabody, December 02, 2012, 06:40:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rupert

Quote from: Peabody on December 04, 2012, 08:16:33 AM
It's easy to see that Phil has become the new scapegoat. I wonder who will be next.  We Football Fans are really strange, are'nt we?

Much of the criticism seems to be coming from those who, a few scant weeks ago, were confidently predicting that we were going to finish in the top four or six (note to pendants, I said "much"), so in all likelihood a lot of it is the result of reality crashing in on their view of the world. At least a small part of the problem with Senderos is that you can almost taste the desire from some of our fans for him to fail, just so they can say, "I told you so!" This must have some effect on him.

It is a strange way to support your team, but they will doubtless say that they pay their money and are entitled to wish failure on our team, and dropping Senderos will only propell some other poor sod into their sights.

Yes, I have to agree, football fans can be very strange people.
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

Burt

It's easy to see that Phil has become the new scapegoat. I wonder who will be next.  We Football Fans are really strange, are'nt we?

I think Dave is waiting in the wings...

Berserker

Quote from: Burt on December 04, 2012, 09:48:40 AM

Well after seeing the painting called The Scapegoat by William Holman Hunt yesterday at the Tate Britain, I would like to quote the following:

"On the day of atonement a goat would have it's horns wrapped with a red cloth, representing the sins of the community, and be driven off"
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

FFCAli

Quote from: Berserker on December 04, 2012, 11:02:25 AM

Well after seeing the painting called The Scapegoat by William Holman Hunt yesterday at the Tate Britain, I would like to quote the following:

"On the day of atonement a goat would have it's horns wrapped with a red cloth, representing the sins of the community, and be driven off"

Like it!

Burt

Quote from: FFCAli on December 04, 2012, 11:25:46 AM
Quote from: Berserker on December 04, 2012, 11:02:25 AM

Like it!

Blimey...all very biblical. Who will drive off the goat? Sounds like a job for Sidwell...

Rudolph

Quote from: Rupert on December 04, 2012, 08:46:12 AM

Much of the criticism seems to be coming from those who, a few scant weeks ago, were confidently predicting that we were going to finish in the top four or six (note to pendants, I said "much"), so in all likelihood a lot of it is the result of reality crashing in on their view of the world. At least a small part of the problem with Senderos is that you can almost taste the desire from some of our fans for him to fail, just so they can say, "I told you so!" This must have some effect on him.

It is a strange way to support your team, but they will doubtless say that they pay their money and are entitled to wish failure on our team, and dropping Senderos will only propell some other poor sod into their sights.

Yes, I have to agree, football fans can be very strange people.

I share these thoughts, especially after hearing the 8yo kid on his way to the game berating Senderos to the delight of his father.

I am sure this nervousness is felt by the players and the lad in question doesn't stand a chance either way.  Still, big Phil gets paid well for doing his job and good luck to him.  However forcing someone out of the door because their face doesn't fit is just plain wrong.

CH FFC

Chiming in~!
In my humble opinion I would replace Senderos with a future replacement for Hughes, and then find another strong tall boy to come in as a prodigy of Hangeland.  I like the idea of having a more nimble and quicker Hughes type of player, along side a tall strong player.
I am not going to be overly critical of Senderos, but I feel there is a better option out there.
As for Kelly, he is not a bad player, but could be improved upon.

Schwarzer must be seriously looked at, there have been a number of goals that have been allowed this season that I for one feel another "decent" keeper would have stopped. 

I have been saying for some time that we should be looking for at least two defenders, and one creative midfield player.  However I keep seeing links with wingers and strikers~>?