https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

How strange we Football Fans are

Started by Peabody, December 02, 2012, 06:40:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rudolph

Quote from: Snibbo on December 03, 2012, 12:13:12 PM
Quote from: St Eve on December 02, 2012, 07:20:59 PM
it doesn't matter if it's his 3rd game of 30th game he is just not good enough. At one point he was tried for many games in place of Hughes and what a disaster that was. Yes we should ship Senderos out and if necessary we have Baird as cover. If my memory is correct Mr Ambitious signed him, but I could be wrong. It wasn't Jol
Actually it wasn't a disaster at all. He was fine. Probably made less mistakes per game than Hangeland has made this season.  But he still got crucified. That old cliche "accident waiting to happen" kept getting trotted out with little justification. And he chipped in with a goal too.

But let's not let facts get in the way of a good scapegoating eh?

+1

Rudolph

There is a pack mentality when it comes to players. One player is singled out for stick and then the rest follow popular opinion.

Walking towards the ground on Saturday, there was a young lad, about 8 years of age, saying to his dad "I hope Senderos mess up today as usual", cue dad launching into a 5 minute tirade about our centre back.  You cannot tell me that the young lad has formed his opinion based on anything other than his dad's dislike of the player. I am sure he isn't the only one influenced and I am sure it is covering all ages too.

It's up to people how the feel about players, but as long as they show commitment and drive, then I'll get behind them.

epsomraver

Quote from: Rudolph on December 03, 2012, 01:14:26 PM
There is a pack mentality when it comes to players. One player is singled out for stick and then the rest follow popular opinion.

Walking towards the ground on Saturday, there was a young lad, about 8 years of age, saying to his dad "I hope Senderos mess up today as usual", cue dad launching into a 5 minute tirade about our centre back.  You cannot tell me that the young lad has formed his opinion based on anything other than his dad's dislike of the player. I am sure he isn't the only one influenced and I am sure it is covering all ages too.

It's up to people how the feel about players, but as long as they show commitment and drive, then I'll get behind them.

Are you reindeer in disguise?

Rudolph

Quote from: epsomraver on December 03, 2012, 01:22:42 PM
Quote from: Rudolph on December 03, 2012, 01:14:26 PM

Walking towards the ground on Saturday, there was a young lad, about 8 years of age, saying to his dad "I hope Senderos mess up today as usual", cue dad launching into a 5 minute tirade about our centre back.  You cannot tell me that the young lad has formed his opinion based on anything other than his dad's dislike of the player. I am sure he isn't the only one influenced and I am sure it is covering all ages too.

Are you reindeer in disguise?

Ho Ho Ho.

A Humble Man

I read five reports of the match and they all rated Senderos at 3 or 4 and blamed his inactivity for the last two Spurs goals.  The first goal went through a 35 yard path through and area of the pitch that Senderos should have been covering.

It is not just miserable fans it is the papers as well who rarely give any players a 3 out of 10 rating. 
We Are Fulham, Believe.

McBridefan1

Guys have we learned nothing about sport in our lives? You have streaks of good form and streaks of bad form, that is true of any team in any sport. We are a very talented side that will learn to play together and get better and we will find our form again. PS: Norwich 5-0 is different from playing Tottenham to a 0-0 draw. We will get back to our scoring ways.

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: A Humble Man on December 03, 2012, 02:50:47 PM
I read five reports of the match and they all rated Senderos at 3 or 4 and blamed his inactivity for the last two Spurs goals.  The first goal went through a 35 yard path through and area of the pitch that Senderos should have been covering.

It is not just miserable fans it is the papers as well who rarely give any players a 3 out of 10 rating. 

Senderos had a poor game on Sat, but come on, no one player should be covering 35 yrds of the pitch on his own!

A Humble Man

The
Quote from: AlFayedsChequebook on December 03, 2012, 03:10:31 PM
I read five reports of the match and they all rated Senderos at 3 or 4 and blamed his inactivity for the last two Spurs goals.  The first goal went through a 35 yard path through and area of the pitch that Senderos should have been covering.

Senderos had a poor game on Sat, but come on, no one player should be covering 35 yrds of the pitch on his own!

The shot was from 35 yards and if Senderos had been any where near the position he should have been on the pitch he should have had time to block it, Hangeland would have for certain.  

That goal killed us as we were playing well until then.
We Are Fulham, Believe.

Rupert

You should know by now that Senderos is responsible for everything from original sin to the current euro crisis. Honestly, I don't know why we let him get away with it!
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

Apprentice to the Maestro

I read five reports of the match and they all rated Senderos at 3 or 4 and blamed his inactivity for the last two Spurs goals.  The first goal went through a 35 yard path through and area of the pitch that Senderos should have been covering.

The first goal was Schwarzer's fault alone. It was from a long distance and he had it covered but let it through his hands.

Yes, Senderos was turned inside out for the second but why was nobody putting pressure on Defoe?

For the third similarly nobody was putting pressure on Dempsey. Senderos stepped forward to challenge when probably he should have turned to go with Defoe but that would have left Dempsey with even more space.

Yes, not a good game but the second and third goals were not purely individual errors.

You forgot to blame him for the quality of the pies.

MJG

Even im not going to stretch as far as saying Senderos should take any blame for the first goal. Although I did think Etuhu played a big part in it.

A Humble Man

Quote from: Apprentice to the Maestro on December 03, 2012, 03:45:49 PM

The first goal was Schwarzer's fault alone. It was from a long distance and he had it covered but let it through his hands.

Yes, Senderos was turned inside out for the second but why was nobody putting pressure on Defoe?

For the third similarly nobody was putting pressure on Dempsey. Senderos stepped forward to challenge when probably he should have turned to go with Defoe but that would have left Dempsey with even more space.

Yes, not a good game but the second and third goals were not purely individual errors.

You forgot to blame him for the quality of the pies.

The pies have much better content than Senderos.  I bet he sold a few prime mortgages as well.
We Are Fulham, Believe.

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: A Humble Man on December 03, 2012, 03:14:21 PM
The

The shot was from 35 yards and if Senderos had been any where near the position he should have been on the pitch he should have had time to block it, Hangeland would have for certain.  

That goal killed us as we were playing well until then.

Complete and utter b*****ks

You have no idea what would have happened had Hangeland had been on the pitch because that is impossible. You could make an informed guess at best, but in this case, you have just blamed Senderos for no reason.

A shot from 35yrds should be dealt with by the goalkeeper or the two defensive midfielders shutting down the player.

I bet if the ball had cannoned off Senderos and into the net you would have said that Hangeland would have let Schwarzer deal with it.

mangoputney

Quote from: AlFayedsChequebook on December 03, 2012, 03:53:28 PM
Quote from: A Humble Man on December 03, 2012, 03:14:21 PM
The

Complete and utter b*****ks

You have no idea what would have happened had Hangeland had been on the pitch because that is impossible. You could make an informed guess at best, but in this case, you have just blamed Senderos for no reason.

A shot from 35yrds should be dealt with by the goalkeeper or the two defensive midfielders shutting down the player.

I bet if the ball had cannoned off Senderos and into the net you would have said that Hangeland would have let Schwarzer deal with it.

pure GK mistake / ball moved a lot

at least when Schwarzers replacement chucks one in the net we can regularly state

complete and utter Bolats
Shahid KHANT #losingisthenorm #youdontknowwhatyourdoing #MacOut #sustainablerelegation

Peabody

Here is another example of how strange we Fans are. Earlier in this thread, someone said that they had read three, or was it four reports in the press about Saturdays game and they all seemed to support the view that Senderous was rubbish. Now, how many times have we rubbished newspaper reports on our game? answering myself, practically every game. I am not suggesting that PS did'nt have a good game but once again we see an example of were people try and support thier arguements with evidence from sources that every other week they would take the opposite track. No doubt about it, us Fans are a strange lot.

A Humble Man

Quote from: Peabody on December 03, 2012, 06:11:58 PM
Here is another example of how strange we Fans are. Earlier in this thread, someone said that they had read three, or was it four reports in the press about Saturdays game and they all seemed to support the view that Senderous was rubbish. Now, how many times have we rubbished newspaper reports on our game? answering myself, practically every game. I am not suggesting that PS did'nt have a good game but once again we see an example of were people try and support thier arguements with evidence from sources that every other week they would take the opposite track. No doubt about it, us Fans are a strange lot.

The Observer, The Sunday Telegraph, The Sunday Times, The Mail on Sunday, Mondays Times and Telegraph all gave Senderos a rating for the game of 3 or 4.  I cannot remember a rating so low before in any paper.  That seems pretty strong evidence to me plus the evidence of my own eyes.
We Are Fulham, Believe.

Peabody

I am not saying you are wrong, just pointing out  how strange Football Fans are. However, I cannot and will not agree that castigating a player who plays for your club is right.

HatterDon

Oh, and it wasn't "Mr. Ambition" who signed Senderos. It was Saint Roy.

I am intrigued by the notion that the first goal was Senderos's fault. I assume that had he blocked it on the way in, Mark would have had no reason to wake up and fall towards the ball.

I will acknowledge that Senderos kidnapped the Lindburg baby and used the name D.B. Cooper in an airborne robbery. Kelly, on the other hand, was the chap that attempted to bomb Parliament in early November every year and condemned Christ to be crucified. What he had against Roy Hodgson's son is beyond me, but there you go.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Bassey the warrior

I'm not sure that's unique to football fans but I get the point. I think criticism of Senderos is somewhat justified though, not just on this season's showing but all of his showings.

Peabody

It's easy to see that Phil has become the new scapegoat. I wonder who will be next.  We Football Fans are really strange, are'nt we?