watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

How strange we Football Fans are

Started by Peabody, December 02, 2012, 06:40:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peabody

Now, I happen to think that up until Mark's bad mistake gave Spurs a goal they never looked like getting, in fact we looked more likely. From that mistake on, our heads went down we lost our shape and Spurs scored another two to gain a scoreline that flattered them. OK, for the last 20 minutes we looked poor. However, the reaction of some on here and in other forums, make us appear to be the worst Premier club ever. I have said it before and I will say it again, form is temporary, both good and poor form, at the moment ours is poor, though I also think this is coupled with some bad luck, losing key players to injury is an example.

What I do find strange, is the insistance by some, that this dooms us to the much feared relegation battle, something that may well happen but at this stage, none of us knows for sure that this is going to happen. Also the insistance that we get rid of certain players, however, they do not say that here and now, who we replace them with. Senerous is an example, fortunately, Brede has now completed his suspension and will hopefully be back for the next game. As far as PS is concerned, none of his critics seem to recognise that this is only his third game this season and yes, his confidence is low but he is all we had for these three games and do you seriously think that the barrage of criticism is going to help him. Also can I just remind some of you who think that Martin Jol signed him, it was Roy Hodgson.

Anyway, rant over and C'mon Fulham.

St Eve

it doesn't matter if it's his 3rd game of 30th game he is just not good enough. At one point he was tried for many games in place of Hughes and what a disaster that was. Yes we should ship Senderos out and if necessary we have Baird as cover. If my memory is correct Mr Ambitious signed him, but I could be wrong. It wasn't Jol

MJG

Question: why would Senderos have low confidence?
He has waited for a chance. Its his 3rd start in a week and after a clean sheet at the European champions.
He should be up for fighting for a place in the team knowing Brede is back next game.

Peabody

If you cast your mind back to the summer of 2010. Roy Hodgson was covering the World Cup on BBC and in answer to a question said "I am looking forward to working with Phillipe" Definately signed by Hodgson, prior to his departure to Liverpool. As for performance, maybe its an age thing but I think that whilst they play for Fulham, every player should be encouraged, not villified and by the way, thats what I shall continue to do.

Peabody

It could be because he is aware of the hostility shown by some towards him. Thats my guess any way.

Admin

Quote from: Peabody on December 02, 2012, 07:35:54 PM
If you cast your mind back to the summer of 2010. Roy Hodgson was covering the World Cup on BBC and in answer to a question said "I am looking forward to working with Phillipe" Definately signed by Hodgson, prior to his departure to Liverpool. As for performance, maybe its an age thing but I think that whilst they play for Fulham, every player should be encouraged, not villified and by the way, thats what I shall continue to do.

Yes you're right. He was 100% a Hodgson buy.

Artful Dodger

Yesterday's game had 0-0 all over it until Schwarzer's mistake and Spurs didn't really have to do much more to get a very flattering scroreline. What was worrying though was that we could still be playing and we still wouldn't have scored. I can understand the set up - keep it tight in the middle and attack down the wings but both Dejagah and Frei were poor in my opinion. That was partly becasue we were so slow in getting the ball out to the wings that there was no opportunity to get moving with the ball before they were closed down. Senderos has limitations but it is harsh to blame him for yesterday's defeat! I think he is a decent back up to Hangeland but you are not going to get players of the quality of Hangeland wanting to sit on the bench all season!
Faber est suae quisque fortunae

Travers Barney

Quote from: Artful Dodger on December 02, 2012, 07:53:11 PM
Yesterday's game had 0-0 all over it until Schwarzer's mistake and Spurs didn't really have to do much more to get a very flattering scroreline. What was worrying though was that we could still be playing and we still wouldn't have scored. I can understand the set up - keep it tight in the middle and attack down the wings but both Dejagah and Frei were poor in my opinion. That was partly becasue we were so slow in getting the ball out to the wings that there was no opportunity to get moving with the ball before they were closed down. Senderos has limitations but it is harsh to blame him for yesterday's defeat! I think he is a decent back up to Hangeland but you are not going to get players of the quality of Hangeland wanting to sit on the bench all season!
Good sensible post that pretty well sums up proceedings.

coyw
We are the whites

A Humble Man

Senderos is just a spectator as he was for all three Spurs goals.
We Are Fulham, Believe.

St Eve

Quote from: Peabody on December 02, 2012, 07:35:54 PM
If you cast your mind back to the summer of 2010. Roy Hodgson was covering the World Cup on BBC and in answer to a question said "I am looking forward to working with Phillipe" Definately signed by Hodgson, prior to his departure to Liverpool. As for performance, maybe its an age thing but I think that whilst they play for Fulham, every player should be encouraged, not villified and by the way, thats what I shall continue to do. I stand corrected, Hodgson it was. Any player that puts on a Fulham shirt should be supported. However, my opinion is that he is not good enough for a team trying to break into the top third of the premiership. We have 3 or 4 players that fall into that category. To be successful changes have to be made even if they appear to be a little harsh

Andy S

I'm not going to vilify Senderos but the Arsenal Boo boys got at him because he was too slow before he ever came here. I was told that senderos was roys going away present.  These players are getting a lot of money for being here and we pay money and we are entitled to an opinion as to whether they are good enough. Over a period of time players cover one anothers weakness's over the short term they don't. as they may not know what they are. I believe that had Reither stayed on the pitch we would have been ok. because Reither has got class. We had two poor players in Kelly and Senderos playing next to each other which is a recipe for disaster. I'm sorry to say these two are no good for a premier club. They would hold their own in the championship and that is where they belong.

JBH

I have stuck by Senderos but he was woeful on saturday.

Also no goals in the 3 games without Ruiz, just shows what he brings to the side, I hope he is back soon.

FC Silver Fox

I agree with Peabody on this topic.

JBH, how many times were we saying that Baird was woeful a few years ago and that he would never be a Premiership player.  Yeh ok, he was being played out of position at right back but he was regularly taken to the cleaners. Just look at him now. Very solid in midfield.

Look how Zamora was vilified at the beginning. He seemed slow and missed chance after chance. Row Z anyone ???  He went on to be brilliant for us.  There are other examples.. ok Steve Marlet was the exception that confirms the rule.

I think the Senderos is a good player. Its just a question of whether we can afford the time and games for him to find form. Probably not. If we had enough cover, he could benefit from some loan time somewhere.
Finn and Corked Hat, you are forever part of the family.

Peabody

Can I also add to how strange we Football Fans are.

I said this in an earlier thread in relation to the treatment dished out to Clint Dempsey. Does anyone agree that there was an element of hypocracy shown with the appearence of Sean Davis at half time. Not so long ago, when Sean appeared for Tottenham against us, our Fans destroyed him in the first half and he was subbed, yet at half time on Saturday, he was rightly acclaimed as a hero. Can Clint look forward to the same double standards if he ever comes on as a half time guest? How strange we are.

cottage cheese

i dont think we are strange, just being realistic.

We beat Norwich 5.0 at the start of the season and since then which team has gone backwards? Currently they are sitting above us having beaten the likes of united, spurs, sunderland etc. We are in a massive freefall without ruiz and brede

Peabody

I prefer to look at as loss of form, not gone backwards, because as sure as nuts is nuts, our form will return and the likes of teams currently in form will go out of form. Now, that is realistic.

Burt

Well said Mr Peabody.

Doom... Gloom... Losing Berba in the transfer window... Jol will be out by the end of the season... We're going down with QPR... Naaaah, get a grip chaps. We'll pick up again soon.

Keep the faith.

COYW

alfie

Quote from: St Eve on December 02, 2012, 07:20:59 PM
it doesn't matter if it's his 3rd game of 30th game he is just not good enough. At one point he was tried for many games in place of Hughes and what a disaster that was. Yes we should ship Senderos out and if necessary we have Baird as cover. If my memory is correct Mr Ambitious signed him, but I could be wrong. It wasn't Jol

What disaster was that then?
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

fulhamguy

At the end of the day, Senderos and Kelly are backup/squad players. They have only played this year when we have had injuries or suspensions. They are good enough backup players, not good enough as first team regulars (which they are not).

You cannot have 25 man squad filled with first team quality, we are not Utd or City.
COYW!

Snibbo

Quote from: St Eve on December 02, 2012, 07:20:59 PM
Actually it wasn't a disaster at all. He was fine. Probably made less mistakes per game than Hangeland has made this season.  But he still got crucified. That old cliche "accident waiting to happen" kept getting trotted out with little justification. And he chipped in with a goal too.

But let's not let facts get in the way of a good scapegoating eh?