watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Re: Sascha Riether signs for Fulham?

Started by cottage cheese, July 06, 2012, 12:08:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cottage cheese

if true not really an  exciting signing, whats the point when we have kelly. Hes not quick nor is he known for his ability to get forward that much (my cousins support wolfsburg and say hes solid at most) if we keep baird what is the point in this signing...

i am not slagging him off but just saying if we wanted to replace kelly then at least have someone younger and a bit more attack minded down the wing with a killer cross. Thats what we need

Mr_Moon

He runs around a lot.

That's about it.

twang

I Think these quotes are new as well:
"I look forward to football in England. You hear more of the fast ball that is played there."
Whether he once again putting on its shoes for the FC? "You never know what happened."

http://translate.google.com/translate?sl=de&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=sv&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.express.de%2Ffc-koeln%2Fkaderplanung-fc-leiht-riether-an-den-fc-fulham-aus%2C3192%2C16561460.html

Quote from: cottage cheese on July 06, 2012, 12:08:42 PM
if true not really an  exciting signing, whats the point when we have kelly. Hes not quick nor is he known for his ability to get forward that much (my cousins support wolfsburg and say hes solid at most) if we keep baird what is the point in this signing...

i am not slagging him off but just saying if we wanted to replace kelly then at least have someone younger and a bit more attack minded down the wing with a killer cross. Thats what we need

As I understand things Reither was very popular amongst the Wolfsburg supporters and was regarded as one of the Bundesliga's best right backs when they won the title back in 2009. He's been described to me as an extremely industrious full back who gets up and down the flank whenever there's an opportunity, plus he's solid defensively.

I guess that he won't be coming here with much confidence though as his current club, Köln, got relegated last season and he was mostly used as a defensive midfielder.

SKSW6

I don't really get this deal, nor the option to buy him after his loan as he'll be 30 and in decline.

TonyGilroy

He sounds like a squad replacement for Grygera.

cottage cheese

Quote from: twang on July 06, 2012, 12:23:26 PM
I Think these quotes are new as well:
"I look forward to football in England. You hear more of the fast ball that is played there."
Whether he once again putting on its shoes for the FC? "You never know what happened."

http://translate.google.com/translate?sl=de&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=sv&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.express.de%2Ffc-koeln%2Fkaderplanung-fc-leiht-riether-an-den-fc-fulham-aus%2C3192%2C16561460.html

Quote from: cottage cheese on July 06, 2012, 12:08:42 PM
if true not really an  exciting signing, whats the point when we have kelly. Hes not quick nor is he known for his ability to get forward that much (my cousins support wolfsburg and say hes solid at most) if we keep baird what is the point in this signing...

As I understand things Reither was very popular amongst the Wolfsburg supporters and was regarded as one of the Bundesliga's best right backs when they won the title back in 2009. He's been described to me as an extremely industrious full back who gets up and down the flank whenever there's an opportunity, plus he's solid defensively.

I guess that he won't be coming here with much confidence though as his current club, Köln, got relegated last season and he was mostly used as a defensive midfielder.

well they have said that he is solid which is what we need but he does not have a killer cross  and does get caught out of positions (pretty much like kelly at times).

He may be a star signing and put in a shift but history and form suggests he will be another solid player which i feel we already have in baird and kelly. I was hoping we would sign someone younger with a bit more flair and ability and not a 29 year old who like you said did not play very well last season.

Fingers crossed but I would have prefered a younger attacking player dying for game time

TonyGilroy

A year's loan with an option to purchase is comparatively risk free though.

Mr_Moon

Quote from: cottage cheese on July 06, 2012, 12:30:09 PM

well they have said that he is solid which is what we need but he does not have a killer cross  and does get caught out of positions (pretty much like kelly at times).

He may be a star signing and put in a shift but history and form suggests he will be another solid player which i feel we already have in baird and kelly. I was hoping we would sign someone younger with a bit more flair and ability and not a 29 year old who like you said did not play very well last season.

Fingers crossed but I would have prefered a younger attacking player dying for game time

Unless it's just simply a short term fix because Jol can't find a good right back that represents value.

cottage cheese

Quote from: TonyGilroy on July 06, 2012, 12:32:00 PM

but a waste when we could get a youngster in who is always improving instead of a 29 year old sitting on a wage knowing he is not first choice

cottage cheese

@ mr moon

true, maybe that is the case but then why not stick simon davies at right back lol he did a solid job at times

TonyGilroy

Quote from: cottage cheese on July 06, 2012, 12:33:08 PM

but a waste when we could get a youngster in who is always improving instead of a 29 year old sitting on a wage knowing he is not first choice

The guy's played for Germany and at 29 he could have 5 more good years.

I'd never heard of him so don't know what to expect but presumably the Fulham scouts have done due diligence.

BlaWhiArmyyyyyy

His team got relegated or struggled (dont follow BL). IF we went down Hangeland wouldnt be deemed rubbish by us so why do we judge this guy?

Every signing thats unknown we slate. Pog was slated on here and the Official Forum. He may be class for us, give him a chance first!

TonyGilroy

Quote from: TonyGilroy on July 06, 2012, 12:37:14 PM

I'd never heard of him so don't know what to expect but presumably the Fulham scouts have done due diligence.

Where the f*** did that flag come from.

I typed Germany.

zzamora

Quote from: cottage cheese on July 06, 2012, 12:33:59 PM
@ mr moon

true, maybe that is the case but then why not stick simon davies at right back lol he did a solid job at times

Can we please stop trying to get Simon Davies to play rightback. He is not a rightback, he never has been, and never will be. He's a winger, getting old, not enough pace for out backline, nor does he have a defensive mind that we need.

Please, stop it.

TonyGilroy

Quote from: TonyGilroy on July 06, 2012, 12:38:11 PM
Quote from: TonyGilroy on July 06, 2012, 12:37:14 PM

Where the f*** did that flag come from.

I typed Germany.

F*** again.

AlFayedsChequebook

As Tony says, sounds like a replacement for Grygera.

Sounds risk free on a loan and he has played at a high level in Germany.

These kind of signings are Fulham's bread and butter - taking lesser known players/older players on cheap deals and seeing if it works out.

As far as I can see, this represents more money to be spent on strikers/midfielders/wingers.

twang

Younger players don't always improve though, that's the problem. Clyne/Naughton/Another would certainly be a more exciting signing but could, for all we know, turn out to be another Liam Rosenior. One thing is for sure, they would cost much more money.

We also don't know what's going on behind the scenes. Kelly could chose to leave on a free and Grygera might not get a new contract. That would mean that we're down to just Baird, the centre back, in the right back spot.

I know I thought Grygera (old, not very exciting full back) was last season's most underwhelming signing by a country mile, yet he was absolutely ace until his knee went.

cottage cheese

@dduece  ....and you think kelly and this german guy have pace as well  :005: :005: :005: :005: :005: :005: :005:

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: AlFayedsChequebook on July 06, 2012, 12:45:37 PM
As Tony says, sounds like a replacement for Grygera.

Sounds risk free on a loan and he has played at a high level in Germany.

These kind of signings are Fulham's bread and butter - taking lesser known players/older players on cheap deals and seeing if it works out.

As far as I can see, this represents more money to be spent on strikers/midfielders/wingers.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Get rid of that flag.

zzamora

Quote from: cottage cheese on July 06, 2012, 12:46:57 PM
@dduece  ....and you think kelly and this german guy have pace as well  :005: :005: :005: :005: :005: :005: :005:

Did I say Kelly has pace?

and this German guy is quick, not fast fast, but quick.