watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Re: Sascha Riether signs for Fulham?

Started by cottage cheese, July 06, 2012, 12:08:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr Fulham

Well, it's not Reither, it's Riether (Rita)

cmg

kiwiwaka

Quote from: Swedish Terrier on July 07, 2012, 09:58:56 AM
It seems to me that Jol hasn't been given a budget which allows us to sign a young right back who is actually above the level that we have now in that position, or that another club beat us to the signing of someone younger and perhaps better who was in our price range. If this is true, I think Riether could be a great signing. I'm not saying this because I know much about the player other than what I've read recently, and I haven't even seen him play. I'm saying it because it's a loan with an option to buy of a player who was apparently one of two or three players in Cologne who were a step above the rest. Also, he was in the starting line up of the German champions two seasons ago. Apparently he might also be quicker than our other right backs.

In my book it's completely fine to criticize a signing in the same way that it's fine to praise one. I, like many others, was skeptical about signing Pogrebnyak, mostly because he had a bad record in Stuttgart and since we had missed out on Barrios. However, I was happy to see him surprise me. I hope to see Riether surprise the doubters and do very well this season.

I think Jol probably has some bigger value signings in the pipe line and the alternative was to either spread the values around the positions, or sign say an expensive midfielder/striker rather than spreading the costs around various positions. I'm more than happy working to that system, getting frees where we can to allow larger amounts to be spent in attacking positions, where we lack pretty badly.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: Mr Fulham on July 08, 2012, 01:07:57 PM
Well, it's not Reither, it's Riether (Rita)
The man will need to understand the history of the club. Someone needs to start educating Riether.

TheDon

Quote from: CravenCottager on July 07, 2012, 04:06:17 PM
Quote from: cmg on July 06, 2012, 05:53:31 PM
Quote from: CravenCottager on July 06, 2012, 04:28:41 PM
Best to wait to let him settle in and actually play for us before we judge him. 

What a quaint, old-fashioned idea. It'll never catch on!

They told me Betamax would never catch on. Who's laughing now?!
who did we sign Betamax from and possition does he play?

Bassey the warrior

Here's a guy that really proved the doubters wrong. Hand in mouth moment for Cottage Cheese:
"Hes not quick nor is he known for his ability to get forward that much".

zzamora

Quote from: The Moose on January 05, 2013, 11:31:34 PM
Here's a guy that really proved the doubters wrong. Hand in mouth moment for Cottage Cheese:

Not the first time either.

Rudolph

The best bit for me is "we've got Kelly"!!

I'm sorry, but I cannot see how he gets such and easy ride and yet others are pilloried at every occasion.

LRCN

thought it was pointless when we got him. but what an outstanding player.

HatterDon

Let's hope we find another Riether this summer, because the one we have will be long gone before the start of next season.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

valdeingruo

This thread got me excited, thought we had gone out and got him for real, oh well.
Self proclaimed tactical genius, football manager approved.

http://imgur.com/a/A1mhi

cottage cheese

Quote from: ddeuce on January 05, 2013, 11:42:16 PM

its not really, he really was poor at wolfsburg (again cousins who support them) thats why he got loaned to koln (wolfsburg played him as they didnt have anyone else) so yes i can put my hand up but when we first signed him from the feedback he never sounded as a complete as he does playing for us. I have no idea why he didnt perform towards to the end of his career in Germany but the same i suppose can be said for brede..hes been truly woeful (for the majority) and I bet if he signed for a new club his performances would change? A new club can do great things for player

Jambo

Quote from: LRCN on January 05, 2013, 11:53:52 PM
thought it was pointless when we got him. but what an outstanding player.

Overall been my player of the season so far, obviously Berba close
We all see the game differently, FoF has taught me that.

@jambohunt

http://jameshuntbw.blogspot.co.uk/

Mr Fulham

I think he's even surprised by himself. He really looked past it during his last season with Köln, hence my downbeat reaction. I really was underwhelmed but he proved me wrong. I love it.

cottage cheese

and by the way he has been my fav player of the season. He does not seem the player that was described to me at the start before my post is picked apart

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: cottage cheese on January 05, 2013, 11:58:31 PM

its not really, he really was poor at wolfsburg (again cousins who support them) thats why he got loaned to koln (wolfsburg played him as they didnt have anyone else) so yes i can put my hand up but when we first signed him from the feedback he never sounded as a complete as he does playing for us. I have no idea why he didnt perform towards to the end of his career in Germany but the same i suppose can be said for brede..hes been truly woeful (for the majority) and I bet if he signed for a new club his performances would change? A new club can do great things for player

Apologies to single you out. I just found it amusing. However good or bad he was at Wolfsburg he's unlikely to have been dramatically slower than he is here. Unless he was carrying quite a bit more weight than he is currently.

zzamora

Quote from: HatterDon on January 05, 2013, 11:56:12 PM
Let's hope we find another Riether this summer, because the one we have will be long gone before the start of next season.

Havent we got a clause on him?

HatterDon

Quote from: ddeuce on January 06, 2013, 12:06:42 AM
Quote from: HatterDon on January 05, 2013, 11:56:12 PM

Havent we got a clause on him?

I'm not sure who has the option. If Koln has it, then he'll be sold to the highest bidder. His stock must have skyrocketed since he came here.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

cottage cheese

Quote from: The Moose on January 06, 2013, 12:03:18 AM
Quote from: cottage cheese on January 05, 2013, 11:58:31 PM

Apologies to single you out. I just found it amusing. However good or bad he was at Wolfsburg he's unlikely to have been dramatically slower than he is here. Unless he was carrying quite a bit more weight than he is currently.

again i was going on by what fans of wolfsburg had told me, i have been happy with him and wish we sign him fully but my comments where made before he kicked a ball after two poor years in Germany, you can understand my logic seeing as we were in need of new blood in defence as the average age was over 30! ive been proved wrong and i can admit it!!

EJL