https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Re: Sascha Riether signs for Fulham?

Started by cottage cheese, July 06, 2012, 12:08:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Burt

Quote from: themetaknight on July 06, 2012, 07:23:31 PM
Quote from: Mr Fulham on July 06, 2012, 07:09:39 PM
can we please stop with all this 'we only buy average past it Bundesliga players' please, Mr Jol?
Dear me, Give the guy a bloody chance. Dont judge a book by its cover. Look what Pogrebnyak did! Christ.

Agree with the sentiment, but no need for the language...

General

Won the budesliga with Wolfsburg - can't be that bad but is getting on I suppose. Is better than what we have in the position at the moment though in my opinion albeit unspectacular. Waiting to see us sign a player for the long term who we can all get excited about.

the1metaknight

Quote from: Burt on July 06, 2012, 07:57:48 PM
Quote from: themetaknight on July 06, 2012, 07:23:31 PM
Quote from: Mr Fulham on July 06, 2012, 07:09:39 PM
can we please stop with all this 'we only buy average past it Bundesliga players' please, Mr Jol?
Dear me, Give the guy a bloody chance. Dont judge a book by its cover. Look what Pogrebnyak did! Christ.

Agree with the sentiment, but no need for the language...
I apologise for the language, didnt realise the mods like that stuff. But people have been constantly criticising him without seeing him play in a FFC shirt like Pogrebnyak and Grygera. Just wait and see what happens!

Mr_Moon

If posters are allowed to be excited about signings then they're also perfectly within their right to be underwhelmed by signings.

SKSW6

Why aren't we allowed to critique our new signings? If Heskey signed for us tomorrow I'd want to be able to discuss how bad a footballer he is without being criticised by other posters. Saying that, no one here has even said anything vaguely out of line about Riether IMO.

Rambling_Syd_Rumpo

there is a critique,and there is slagging a player off without seeing him play on a regular basis-lets give the guy a chance huh?

zzamora

Quote from: Rambling_Syd_Rumpo on July 06, 2012, 08:41:12 PM
there is a critique,and there is slagging a player off without seeing him play on a regular basis-lets give the guy a chance huh?

+ bloody 1.

Mr_Moon

Quote from: Rambling_Syd_Rumpo on July 06, 2012, 08:41:12 PM

Who has slagged him off then?

Rambling_Syd_Rumpo

a few example's- "he does not have a killer cross  and does get caught out of positions" "but a waste when we could get a youngster in who is always improving instead of a 29 year old sitting on a wage knowing he is not first choice""looks like he is a gap player ""can we please stop with all this 'we only buy average past it Bundesliga players' please, Mr Jol?"

has anyone seen him play 10 matches in a row?does anybody know how Jol is going to play him?-give the guy a damm chance before we get negative.If any of you remember we hadn't really heard of or rated Hangeland before and that worked out ok :028: :028: :028: :028: 085.gif

Lighthouse

Quote from: cottage cheese on July 06, 2012, 04:20:57 PM
@lighthouse, we are going on tour..did jol not say in fultime we were heading to china???or am i dreaming things

Sorry thought was cancelled.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Mr_Moon

Quote from: Rambling_Syd_Rumpo on July 06, 2012, 09:09:56 PM
a few example's- "he does not have a killer cross  and does get caught out of positions" "but a waste when we could get a youngster in who is always improving instead of a 29 year old sitting on a wage knowing he is not first choice""looks like he is a gap player ""can we please stop with all this 'we only buy average past it Bundesliga players' please, Mr Jol?"

has anyone seen him play 10 matches in a row?does anybody know how Jol is going to play him?-give the guy a damm chance before we get negative.If any of you remember we hadn't really heard of or rated Hangeland before and that worked out ok :028: :028: :028: :028: 085.gif

Sorry but that's just absurd. You're dismissing opinions on him from people who have actually seen him play. So, what if someone saw him play and posted something positive about him? Surely then their piece of knowledge should be treated with the same suspicion as a negative comment as they probably haven't seen him play 10 matches in a row.

Perhaps we should just all post ' 098.gif ' and refrain from commenting until he plays. That'd be good.

Berserker

Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Rambling_Syd_Rumpo

who's seen him play? some bother's mother cat's dogs sister? and for how long? 1 game?10 games? a season?
has anyone seen him play in a Fulham shirt? has anyone seen him play with Fulham players around him???

what's absurd is he isn't being given a chance,he's been written off because a few "experts" say he's past his best
what's absurd is the negitivity being shown on this board generally-lets see the team play before passing judgement shall we?

TonyGilroy

Quote from: Berserker on July 06, 2012, 09:39:12 PM
Has he definitely signed?

Yes but he was bloody slow, only used his right hand and the signature was nearly illegible.

Get a grip, Jol.

The Rock

He's under 30, starting RB for the team that won the Bundesliga two years ago, and the 2nd or 3rd RB of the German national team. He sounds like a pretty good catch to me. I don't see what all the fuss is about.

RidgeRider

Quote from: TonyGilroy on July 06, 2012, 09:52:52 PM

Yes but he was bloody slow, only used his right hand and the signature was nearly illegible.

Get a grip, Jol.

ok....that was funny.  :011:

zzamora

Quote from: The Rock on July 06, 2012, 09:55:04 PM
He's under 30, starting RB for the team that won the Bundesliga two years ago, and the 2nd or 3rd RB of the German national team. He sounds like a pretty good catch to me. I don't see what all the fuss is about.

+1 to that! Some sense at last!

SG

Plus his shirt in the photograph looks much more orange than in the official launch photos !!

SKSW6

Quote from: Rambling_Syd_Rumpo on July 06, 2012, 09:50:53 PM
who's seen him play? some bother's mother cat's dogs sister? and for how long? 1 game?10 games? a season?
has anyone seen him play in a Fulham shirt? has anyone seen him play with Fulham players around him???

what's absurd is he isn't being given a chance,he's been written off because a few "experts" say he's past his best
what's absurd is the negitivity being shown on this board generally-lets see the team play before passing judgement shall we?

So conversely we're not allowed to give any positive opinions on good players because they haven't played with Fulham players? Who's saying he isn't being given a chance? How is this not some valuable insight into what he's not so good at; "doesn't have a killer cross and gets caught out of position"? It's the same as if, say, Walcott signed for us and someone said he has no final ball, for example. It's not slagging/writing someone off, it's pointing out their weaknesses as a football player, in the same way and advantage of Riether has been identified in that he's a hard-worker.

He's also 29 and traditionally players do start to decline around that age. So pointing out how old he is isn't slagging him off, it's stating a fact. He could turn out to be unexpectedly fantastic, like with Grygera, but I really don't see why we can't guess as to the likelihood of that through how he has played previously.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: TonyGilroy on July 06, 2012, 09:52:52 PM

Get a grip, Jol.

I heard he invalidated his vote. Turns out he couldn't put a decent cross in the box.