watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

so ... mr emanuelson

Started by Sammyffc, April 02, 2013, 06:51:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sammyffc

as everyone will agree , poor performance . however , do you think this comes down to the fact he has had hardly any game time at all at fulham so far with ashkan playing superb ? and qpr isn't the sort of game you can just be thrown into without hardly any experience at prem level , although he played alot for milan and as some of us may know on his day can be an amazing player . should we try and get him on transfer ? .. could be exactly like ruiz .. poor at first . sensational after a year ! haha  049:gif

Roberty

He has always said that he would be heading back to his club at the end of the season and I am sure there are a lot more fish in the sea for Jol to hook. He was always going to be a spare part and given his lack of action this season we were never going to see the best of him.
It could be better but it's real life and not a fantasy

btings

It's a small sample size.  He was generally poor, but there were moments late when he wasn't operating on the wing proper where he looked ok.

He seems to me like he tries to be clever with his passes, and so much about that depends about understanding how the other players on the team will move, especially in a team like this one where there is a lot more craft than brute force.  That comes entirely down to time spent in a system or with a particular squad.  Berbatov in particular seems to require a special education in order to understand his movement effectively.  Richardson looked even more lost the first couple times he appeared for us, and he finally found his way; the partnership between Dejagah and Riether took time to develop as well.

I agree, though, that we will probably never know.

In the Enclosure

Thought he should have been subbed off early in the second half
Defensive contribution was worse than zero
Jol was hoping he would help us to score again but we needed to defend in the 2nd half and catch them
on the break. Frimpong made a huge difference when he came on

sipwell

He had an absolute shocker of a game. Nothing seemed to work. I think it happens to the best of us. He was subbed, we won the three points. Coaches will probably point him to his mistakes and try to improve his game. That's the end of it for me.
No forum is complete without a silly Belgian participating!

RaySmith

Like Ruiz - he needs time to get up to Prem pace - but he probably won't get it.

Northern Cottager

Bit of a shame, given time I think he could be a very good player. On paper and based on previous experiences he offers us something we have less than an abundance of and that's pace and creativity, admittedly we have looked slightly more creative and direct of late.

I'll put last night down to lack of game time and I expect he may start the next game depending on the seriousness of Dejegahs injury, hopefully a good performance from Urby and some growing confidence.

Frankie-Peter Taylor

This sums up the complete pointlessness Emanuelson. He came on and we left Kerim Frei on the bench. We can't afford to have loanees struggling to adjust to the Premier League, they either settle quickly or it's a poor loan signing.

I must also question all of the people asking him to start basing on a total of around 30 minutes spread out between 4-5 games. I understand the point about creating a left side that is as dynamic as the right but I don't think Emanuelson is the guy for this. Kerim Frei should get some game time in the last parts of the season.

MJG

Quote from: Frankie-Peter Taylor on April 02, 2013, 11:43:48 AM
This sums up the complete pointlessness Emanuelson. He came on and we left Kerim Frei on the bench. We can't afford to have loanees struggling to adjust to the Premier League, they either settle quickly or it's a poor loan signing.

I must also question all of the people asking him to start basing on a total of around 30 minutes spread out between 4-5 games. I understand the point about creating a left side that is as dynamic as the right but I don't think Emanuelson is the guy for this. Kerim Frei should get some game time in the last parts of the season.
This

SKSW6

Spot on. For the rest of the season, if we need to inject some pace we should look to bring Frei on, prioritise our youngsters over giving game time to someone who's off in 8 games and definitely isn't coming back, and who still looks like he needs time to adjust to the league.

EDIT: Should be said, I don't blame Jol for bringing Urby on when he did. Frei is still coming back from injury and not sure he could have lasted for the rest of the game after Dejagah was injured. Added to that you'd think Urby would be the safer option given his experience and known quality.

ron

That attempt at a lofted header back to Schwarzer (at least we think that's what he was attempting) over a penalty area crowded with QPR stopped a few hearts at the ground. After that, subbing the sub was a necessity.

rusty shackleford

I like how up until now a lot of people have been calling for Urby to start and not Duff. You know, Duff.... one of our best players for several years, totally committed and gives 110% every time. Scores the odd goal too.

Armchair managers

filham

I have to agree with the above. Emanuelson is a a clear talent but just not premiership ready. Can't now see the point in developing him into a premiership player only to see him return home at the end of the season.n.

It looks as if his name will now just be added to that long list of players we have tried in that wide left position this season.

Jack Fulham

I got to agree with that. Emanuelson looks unfit and hasn't gelled with the team at all, turning out to be a pretty pointless loan spell for him. Still think he'd be a top player for us but we may as well give Frei or someone else a run out now we're safe. Its a shame Kaca went out on loan.

hesedmedia

Quote from: btings on April 02, 2013, 07:40:32 AM
It's a small sample size.  He was generally poor, but there were moments late when he wasn't operating on the wing proper where he looked ok.

He seems to me like he tries to be clever with his passes, and so much about that depends about understanding how the other players on the team will move, especially in a team like this one where there is a lot more craft than brute force.  That comes entirely down to time spent in a system or with a particular squad.  Berbatov in particular seems to require a special education in order to understand his movement effectively.  Richardson looked even more lost the first couple times he appeared for us, and he finally found his way; the partnership between Dejagah and Riether took time to develop as well.

I agree, though, that we will probably never know.

I agree with this, he's clearly got some craft and vision, a few of his passes would have looked pretty good had other players made the run he was anticipating. Berbatov, as mentioned, is especially unpredictable in that regard, which is an element of his brilliance. On one hand, it's a pity we'll never see Emanuelson do the job the way he perhaps could, but I think we'd all rather see Frei raised up with Berba and Ruiz from early on. The young 'write' things into instinct and muscle memory more quickly, and Frei probably has the potential to be at least as good as Urby in a year or two.

Arthur

Form is temporary; class is permanent. And Urby has enough of the latter to grace our squad, that's for sure. Yes, he seemed to struggle to cope with the frenetic pace at which the game was being played and he certainly didn't do himself justice, but our inability to take the game to QPR in the second-half was no more his fault than anyone else's. That Milan have insisted he won't be sold probably goes some way to explaining why we have seen so little of him. Were Milan to change its mind, however, his joining us would be a good signing.

EJL

Emanuelson shouldn't be playing on the wing. He hasn't played wide consistently since he was at Ajax.

JackyFulham90

For me Emanuelson doesn't look like a winger he looks like a centre midfielder to me

HatterDon

So, I'll be generous and say that the pace of the Prem unsettled him and he tried to hard to adjust. Given this, I believe we should not see him on the pitch again this season.

Why? He's not going to be here next season, so why get him match fir and then send him home. Play our kids and maybe even give a runout to a couple of the kids from Dallas Cup Final. Emanualson? Turn the page.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

hongkongfulham

I'll go ahead and play devil's advocate and say that playing him makes it more attractive for next years potential loan signings to agree to come in as they have seen others get on the pitch with us. The future said loan signing may perform very well, giving him exponential (right word?) value?

I agree we should be playing frei instead but just food for thought.