watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Where did everyone go?

Started by CH FFC, April 03, 2013, 12:09:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CH FFC

Admittedly I've been quite busy lately, but I still jump on from time to time to see what's going on. 

So, my question....where did all I the doomsayers and Jol out complainers go?

I'm sure they're still around, but just quietly waiting for the next time they can come out with the sky I falling.

It wasn't long ago that many people felt that we would be lucky to get 40 points, and now we could easily be where we were last year. 

Berserker

Yep pleased we won last night but it was so nearly not the case. I would really like to go to a match where we go and beat somebody easily, and i don't have to sit on tbe edge of my seat thinking here we go again are we going to let are lead slip away.
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

RidgeRider

We are all still here. It's nice and 'right' that we are finally playing well, but don't forget, this is a wasted season in SOME ways because we pissed away 4 months of the season playing some of the worst football seen by a Fulham team in the past 5 seasons. 

Its fantastic we are playing up to our potential...finally, but we were a poor team for more than a third of the season.

As a doomsayer, I'm thrilled with beating QPR and by the way we are playing at the moment.

epsomraver

Quote from: RidgeRider on April 03, 2013, 01:23:42 AM
We are all still here. It's nice and 'right' that we are finally playing well, but don't forget, this is a wasted season in SOME ways because we pissed away 4 months of the season playing some of the worst football seen by a Fulham team in the past 5 seasons. 

Its fantastic we are playing up to our potential...finally, but we were a poor team for more than a third of the season.

As a doomsayer, I'm thrilled with beating QPR and by the way we are playing at the moment.

:plus one: :plus one: I will state quite clearly I do not like Jol or  his tactics and talking to a lot of fans around my area I am not alone

SP

There were some interesting posts, particularly from a few here who predicted QPR would finish above us.

LondonFulhamWhite

Quote from: SP on April 03, 2013, 11:57:30 AM
There were some interesting posts, particularly from a few here who predicted QPR would finish above us.

Football fans are always cynical and doomsayers. It's in the nature.

sipwell

Is it not logical that people will be more pessimistic or negative when things go bad? After all, most managers are sacked when their team is not performing. Fulham has a good run of late, so it is logical that these people barely speak up for "Jol Out" or "Senderos is a clown".

No forum is complete without a silly Belgian participating!

Lighthouse

Odd time to post this. We were three up against the bottom team and then were pleased to come away with a win and a penalty save. Jol actually didn't do great in his subs until he had to after the sending off.

But we have done well in the last ten games only losing to Manchester clubs. So nothing has changed my doubts on a wasted season and Jol as a manager. But I am not going to keep making the same points after a narrow win against the HA HAs.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

A Humble Man

Fulham have not won anything that is recognised as significant so our fans have no real expectation of success which inevitably makes us very pessimistic.  Even the QPR fans who in reality have nothing to look forward to are more optimistic than our fans.

It is difficult to break mental genetic inbreeding that make us what we are because of 134 years of failure.    
We Are Fulham, Believe.

Peabody

Oh dear,why did you have to ask this this question? Because now we have the situation were, despite the good feeling at the moment, we have the posters, who always the dark side, suggesting that we were a bit lucky to win on Monday.

Why not just things alone.

BestOfBrede

Quote from: Lighthouse on April 03, 2013, 12:37:14 PM
Odd time to post this. We were three up against the bottom team and then were pleased to come away with a win and a penalty save. Jol actually didn't do great in his subs until he had to after the sending off.

But we have done well in the last ten games only losing to Manchester clubs. So nothing has changed my doubts on a wasted season and Jol as a manager. But I am not going to keep making the same points after a narrow win against the HA HAs.
Not sure you can blame Jol on this one....
We were in complete control until Dejagah went off (Forced change - not of Jol's doing), the Ref not sending off Hill (Not Jol's fault), Zorba's slip hence bad back pass (Not Jol's fault), Dodgy Pen given (Not Jol's fault), Sidwell steaming in like a mad man and getting sent off (Not Jol's fault) - anymore?

Edwatch_Winston_Malone

A dissapointing season perhaps but was it caused by Jol or saved by him?

I think that losing key players (due to age, contract clauses or greed) was not down to him but signing key players probably was.

A few signings this season have not been as good as he might of expected but there are also a couple of gems.  

We will probably finish below pre-season expectations but above mid season expectations.  Hopefully we won't get caught with our pants down this closed season....

Roberty

Quote from: BestOfBrede on April 03, 2013, 01:20:08 PM

We were in complete control until Dejagah went off (Forced change - not of Jol's doing), the Ref not sending off Hill (Not Jol's fault), Zorba's slip hence bad back pass (Not Jol's fault), Dodgy Pen given (Not Jol's fault), Sidwell steaming in like a mad man and getting sent off (Not Jol's fault) - anymore?

This boards speciality is finding someone to blame - so this is not good enough - you cannot have a situation where no one is to blame. Don't you have someone on standby for situations like this?
It could be better but it's real life and not a fantasy

Lighthouse

Quote from: BestOfBrede on April 03, 2013, 01:20:08 PM

I said Jol didn't do great with subs until he was forced to by the sending off. Not sure I blamed Jol for the referee decisions or the weather, which was cold, or anything else. When we were up against it early in the second half he didn't do anything to change things until he was forced to by the sending off. Seems a fair comment to me.

TonyGilroy

I was having doubts in December but my feeling now is that Jol has done an outstandingly professional job in sorting out our weaknesses and getting us organised.

There have been mistakes along the way of course and no doubt much trial and error but our record this calender year has been excellent so far and Jol deserves the credit.

The future? Who knows?

SaltfordWhite

These conversations really need to stop.  They are so, so dull.

alfie

I don't understand your comment Jol actually didn't do great in his subs until he had to after the sending off He had to take off Djager so he brought on Urby, how was he to know that he would not perform, he soon took him off when he was forced to make a change after sidwell and Frimpong played very well, so please what was wrong with that?

Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Lighthouse

Quote from: alfie on April 03, 2013, 01:44:22 PM

I don't understand your comment Jol actually didn't do great in his subs until he had to after the sending off He had to take off Djager so he brought on Urby, how was he to know that he would not perform, he soon took him off when he was forced to make a change after sidwell and Frimpong played very well, so please what was wrong with that?

Please refer to my earlier post on the subject. Having almost an entire half where we were up against it and not trying to change anything was not great. If you don't understand that or think that was ok than fair enough. It is just my opinion.

HatterDon

Well, since you brought it up ... .

Why does our recent excellent run suddenly make untrue the fact that it was preceded by 3 months of utter crap on the pitch? The fact that we ran out week after week with no apparent game plan, no ability to adjust to opponents, no understanding of the art of tactical substitution, is just that -- FACT.

I like the way we're playing now; I didn't like the way we were playing then. Simple. I still find myself shaking my head remembering how the Jol for Sainthood Brigade applauded him after the dire football Fulham were featuring match after match during that period. With a rueful smile, I recall how any criticism of our manager was met with accusations of disloyalty. NO! Our extended run of woeful form had nothing to do with Jol. It was mostly Senderos's fault, augmented by the fact that EVERY SINGLE MATCH this season was officiated by the worst referee in the Prem.

I like the way we're playing now. What I DON'T like is that due to our over-reliance on loans and short-term contracts, our squad is going to be dismantled after the final whistle. We don't have the money available to buy all the replacements we need. Our young players, we are assured, are not good enough to step up, so there'll be more short-term contracts and more loans. The steady squad strengthening we saw under Hodgson and Hughes -- and Jol in his first season -- is a thing of the past.

But I like the way we're playing now.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

TonyGilroy

Jol has seemingly found his best 11 which is playing well. Only the Manchester clubs have beaten us this year.

There's no good reason why that entire team shouldn't be with us next year. We have an option on Reither and whilst everyone will be a few months older they can still cut it.

We have outstanding youngsters but obviously don't know how many will make it and when.

The loanees may or may not stay but that will largely be Jol's choice and no doubt there will be some summer signings.

That we were bad in November and December is not in doubt. What we needed was a manager to put things right and Jol has delivered.