watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Silly Season Transfer Speculation 2013’

Started by Admin, April 26, 2013, 05:27:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Money matters: Dimitar Berbatov AND Martin Jol could leave Fulham because of budget concerns

Bulgarian striker is likely to attract interest after impressing on his return with 13 goals this season

Most wanted: Spurs, Fiorentina and Juventus were chasing Berbatov last summer
Clive Rose

Dimitar Berbatov and his Fulham boss Martin Jol could both be open to moves this summer because of concerns over the club's spending plans, writes the Sunday People.

Jol has been told he will have to work on a tight budget as he looks to make changes to an ageing squad.

And after two years in mid-table at Craven Cottage, it is believed he may fancy a switch back to the German Bundesliga, where he previously played and managed.

Berbatov, who signed for Fulham because of his relationship with Jol, is also said to be frustrated at the club's refusal to strengthen their squad significantly.

Jol's relationship with well-regarded chief executive Alistair Mackintosh is understood to be strained over the issue.

Jol originally signed a two-year deal which would expire next month, though Fulham insist they have activated an extra one-year option for his services – so any interested club would have to pay compensation.

Trouble Dutch: Jol is understood to be frustrated by club's unwillingness to strengthen
Getty

Berbatov also has another year on his deal but Tottenham, Fiorentina and Juventus wanted the 32-year-old striker last summer and, after a 13-goal Premier League campaign, the brilliant Bulgarian is sure to attract further interest.

Both Jol and Berbatov were keen for Fulham to sign Tottenham's England midfielder Tom Huddlestone – with whom they both worked at White Hart Lane – but the Cottagers will not meet Spurs' £7million asking price.

Jol wants to sign Ajax midfielder Eyong Enoh, currently on loan at the Cottage, but has admitted the club will not take up an option to buy the 27-year-old Cameroonian because they believe he is priced too highly at around £4m.

Check out all the latest News, Sport & Celeb gossip at Mirror.co.uk http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/fulham-transfers-dimitar-berbatov-martin-1857829?#ixzz2RjkvXyKe
Follow us: @DailyMirror on Twitter | DailyMirror on Facebook

jarv

IMO...as long as we keep most of what we have, (apart from the dead wood of course) Huddlestone and Jordan Rhodes would do for me. 092.gif

Jambo

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/fulham-want-twente-keeper-nikolay-1860392?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Cottage industry: Fulham working on deal for Twente keeper Nikolay Mihaylov as replacement for Mark Schwarzer

The 24-year-old Bulgarian is entering the final year of his contract and could be available for cheap

Fulham boss Martin Jol is eyeing up FC Twente's Bulgarian keeper Nikolay Mihaylov.

Mihaylov, 24, has one year left on his contract and Fulham may be able to get a cut price deal as they seek a long term successor for veteran Mark Schwarzer

We all see the game differently, FoF has taught me that.

@jambohunt

http://jameshuntbw.blogspot.co.uk/

EJL

Quote from: jarv on April 28, 2013, 11:05:52 AM
IMO...as long as we keep most of what we have, (apart from the dead wood of course) Huddlestone and Jordan Rhodes would do for me. 092.gif
Blackburn won't sell Rhodes for less than £10 million.

God The Mechanic

Quote from: EJL on April 30, 2013, 12:03:02 AM

Especially as they're pretty much safe, no need for a firesale.

EJL

Quote from: God The Mechanic on April 30, 2013, 12:27:54 AM

Wolves on the other hand... Bakary Sako doesn't look too shabby.

God The Mechanic

Quote from: EJL on April 30, 2013, 12:45:22 AM
Quote from: God The Mechanic on April 30, 2013, 12:27:54 AM

Wolves on the other hand... Bakary Sako doesn't look too shabby.

Whenever I've seen them he's looked pretty nifty, if inconsistent.

GodfatherJol

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11681/8681476/Premier-League-Ghana-midfielder-Derek-Boateng-is-back-on-the-radar-for-Fulham

Sky Sports understands that Fulham have revived their interest in Ghana star Derek Boateng.

The Cottagers agreed a deal with Boateng in January and they won a work permit for the midfielder.

However, the 29-year-old was in dispute with his club Dnipro and Fulham were unable to finalise the deal before the deadline on January 31.

After failing to secure his Fulham move, Boateng held talks with Greek giants Olympiakos - who also tried to complete a deal but again the issue with Dnipro scuppered the move.

However, Boateng has now freed himself from his contract with Dnipro after he won his case at the Court of Arbitration for Sport in Switzerland.

Now a free agent, Boateng is back on Fulham's agenda and the work permit they won in January is still valid - so therefore they are now in a position to push through a deal.

Fulham boss Martin Jol is a big fan of Boateng and the news that they are now closing on his signature, ahead of this summer - will be a boost to his plans for next season.

When asked about their renewed interest in Boateng, Fulham refused to give an official comment.

The move to Fulham will see Boateng end a ten-year wait to seal a move to England, having first seen a switch to Middlesbrough in 2003 collapse when he failed to get a work permit.

About a year late, but he may finally be on his way!

rusty shackleford

Does this mean Enoh will be off to Norwich or somewhere

Bassey the warrior

Can't complain about getting him on a free, though Enoh has been great.

MJG

Ah another 30 year old to add to the squad.

Northern Cottager

I really would prefer Enoh or both.

The King

Boateng, the new Bentley.

Roberty

Quote from: The King on April 30, 2013, 02:09:32 PM
Boateng, the new Bentley.

I hope he is going to turn out to be a Rolls Royce.
It could be better but it's real life and not a fantasy

TWFL

Boateng's a non-starter. He's got a pre-contract agreement in place with Olympiakos. It's just Sky re-hashing/speculating.

Arthur

Quote from: WhiteJC on April 28, 2013, 07:54:50 AM
Jol wants to sign Ajax midfielder Eyong Enoh, currently on loan at the Cottage, but has admitted the club will not take up an option to buy the 27-year-old Cameroonian because they believe he is priced too highly at around £4m.

If this piece of speculation proves to be true, it would be the time to start getting worried. Yes, I see we're linked with Boateng again and Jol may have his sights set on Huddlestone, among others. However, Enoh is a rugged marker and reliable with his distribution. Having him here improves the quality within our squad. Unless we're seriously in the market to sign players of an even higher pedigree, we ought to keep him.

Admin

http://www.novinite.com/view_news.php?id=149994

Russian champions Zenit St. Petersburg are once again eager to snap up Fulham's Bulgarian striker Dimitar Berbatov, according to a Russian media report.

The Izvestia daily has stated that Zenit are interested in Berbatov as a back-up option if they cannot land Werder Bremen striker Marko Arnautovic.

Berbatov's agent, Emil Danchev, has allegedly confirmed that Russian clubs are interested in signing his client.

However, Danchev has stated that Zenti have not tabled an official bid for the prolific striker.
It was recently reported that the 32-year-old Bulgarian striker may leave Craven Cottage this summer.

Arthur

Quote from: Admin on April 30, 2013, 05:06:58 PM
http://www.novinite.com/view_news.php?id=149994
It was recently reported that the 32-year-old Bulgarian striker may leave Craven Cottage this summer.

We've needed Berba this season, but that doesn't disguise the fact that his penchant for standing still on the ball, as if at the centre of the footballing universe, has too often been counter-productive. Opposition players regroup and our attacking momentum, of which we generate too little anyway, is lost. I'm not advocating that we show him the door, but I'm hoping that we can land a relatively quick, relatively skilful striker who will serve the team's needs better.

TWFL

Quote from: TWFL on April 30, 2013, 02:37:52 PM
Boateng's a non-starter. He's got a pre-contract agreement in place with Olympiakos. It's just Sky re-hashing/speculating.

Forget what I said there. Oluwashina Okeleji said this earlier:

‏@oluwashina 3h
@thefulhamblog He's opted out of the Olympiakos pre-contract. Fingers crossed...

Admin

Aatif Chahechouche eyes move to England despite new deal at Sivasspor

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11661/8683336?] [url]http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11661/8683336?[/url]

Aatif Chahechouche admits he would like to eventually play in England despite signing a new contract with Turkish side Sivasspor.

The Moroccan had been linked with a move to England, with Fulham and Swansea City said to be looking at the 26-year-old, before the midfielder inked a new deal that expires in 2016.

The French-born player has notched up five goals in the Turkish Super League for Sivasspor since joining from Bulgarian side Chernomorets Burgas in 2012.

Sivasspor currently lie in 11th place in the Turkish Super League table, some distance behind leading lights Galatasaray and Fenerbahce, but Chahechouche says the standard of the league is improving his career prospects.

"I am happy at the club, they trust me and I am enjoying my football here," said Chahechouche.

"There were some clubs interested in me from England and Spain, but I love the Turkish League because it is so competitive.

"But I am only 26 and maybe one day I will realise my dream of playing in England."