watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Press Conference tomorrow in Florida

Started by rusty shackleford, July 18, 2013, 08:17:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

First State

On a side note, I really like the white training jacket Jol is wearing. Quality!

f5shooter

Quote from: SKSW6 on July 19, 2013, 08:32:05 PM
Quote from: YankeeJim on July 19, 2013, 08:20:52 PM
Quote from: SKSW6 on July 19, 2013, 08:17:05 PM
Quote from: alexbishop on July 19, 2013, 08:02:17 PM
Quote from: SKSW6 on July 19, 2013, 07:56:47 PM
Happy as long as we don't get any of those cheerleaders coming over for HT at our games.

Excuse me...?

Cheerleaders are one of the worst and most awkward americanisations of football around imo. Half time should be fat blokes trying to hit a cross-bar, or kids from local schools playing against each other. They're maybe not quite as bad as that geezer dressed as a woman flogging his play, or those tenors of rock from last season, but they're still pretty bad.

Like I said, if fat guys hitting a crossbar is your tune, sing it loud.
How about scantily clad sweeties trying to hit a crossbar?  (Notice ladies, I didn't specify a gender).

People may groan when I say it, but it just seems a bit seedy to me the idea of a bunch of men leering at said women. As well as that I feel like we're better than that as a club, one that is generally associated with understated class and old school values, which cheerleaders aren't and never have been a part of.

This isn't me having a pop at the US btw, there are just a lot of aspects of American sport which I wouldn't want to be incorporated into Fulham or football in general, and likewise I doubt US sports would want a lot of ours.

Yeah... it's amazing Phil Taylor and Adrian Lewis can't find their way to the stage without those seeing-eye lads leading them there.  That MUST be the only reason for them, eh?

dino1828

It was revieled by Khan talking to the press after that they will be playing a couple of preseason matches in Everbank next year. Oh and yes Everbank is on the banks of the St. Johns river.

bmasar

Quote from: Fightin Blue Hens on July 19, 2013, 11:20:26 PM
Quote from: btings on July 19, 2013, 08:43:22 PM
Cheerleaders are vile.

Only if you're gay. Just sayin.

I'm going to play devil's advocate here. There have been many times during a close (American) football game that the cheerleaders come onto the field during the two-minute warning in the 4th quarter. My gut response is always, "Get the &@!% off the field, we have a game to finish!"

btings

Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on July 19, 2013, 09:46:16 PM
Cheerleaders are vile.

Why do you believe this? I've known a few and they were quite nice.

Oh, I mean as a concept, not as people.

On a related note, "Bring It On" is a great movie.

Ichabod Magoo

Cheerleaders belong at college and high school games, not at any professional ones ... well maybe at NBA games since they bore me.
If your nose runs and your feet smell, you must have been born upside down. ~ Chudley Rippington III

dino1828

Quote from: Ichabod Magoo on July 20, 2013, 04:01:53 AM
Cheerleaders belong at college and high school games, not at any professional ones ... well maybe at NBA games since they bore me.

What? Love the cheerleaders speak for yourself.

dino1828

Quote from: bmasar on July 20, 2013, 03:49:36 AM
Cheerleaders are vile.

I'm going to play devil's advocate here. There have been many times during a close (American) football game that the cheerleaders come onto the field during the two-minute warning in the 4th quarter. My gut response is always, "Get the &@!% off the field, we have a game to finish!"

It's the 2 minute warning there are going to be taking a time out regardless smh.

Ichabod Magoo

Quote from: dino1828 on July 20, 2013, 05:20:57 AM
Quote from: Ichabod Magoo on July 20, 2013, 04:01:53 AM

What? Love the cheerleaders speak for yourself.

What I meant to say was the NBA bores me which is why cheery girls are ok at those games.  NFL games, no thanks.  Or maybe MLB could put them on top of the dugouts for the 7th inning stretch.  Joe "the Joke" Buck would love that.
If your nose runs and your feet smell, you must have been born upside down. ~ Chudley Rippington III

Forever Fulham

I thought Kahn was supposed to be a Muslim.  Why are those women out of their burkas?

bmasar

Quote from: dino1828 on July 20, 2013, 05:22:23 AM
Quote from: bmasar on July 20, 2013, 03:49:36 AM
Cheerleaders are vile.

It's the 2 minute warning there are going to be taking a time out regardless smh.

I know they will have to take a tv timeout regardless, but that doesn't mean I want to see it filled with an asinine end zone dance to a remixed Britney Spears song.

rusty shackleford

A few other bits and pieces from this

Khan to Fulham FC folks when they got off his private jet in Jacksonville: "That's how we roll."

Fulham FC Martin Jol brought up to me more than once how his club was 20th in spending on players last year. #lookingforwardtoshad

7. Fulham CEO Alistair Mackintosh -- said Shad and he are having meetings this to discuss any player additions.

2. I asked Shad if #fulhamfc could ever play regular season match in Jax, he said that's not in his thinking right now.

Recap of the Khan/Fulham. 1. Shad said "virtual certainity" FFC will play exhibition match in Jax next summer; could debut new scoreboards

SaltfordWhite

I lost to the will to live after two pages.

Jesus Christ.

Lighthouse

Quote from: SaltfordWhite on July 20, 2013, 11:24:54 AM

Jesus Christ.

Who let the Jehovahs witness in?
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

WhiteJC

Quote from: Lighthouse on July 20, 2013, 11:30:16 AM
Quote from: SaltfordWhite on July 20, 2013, 11:24:54 AM

Jesus Christ.

Who let the Jehovahs witness in?

Warcry anyone  :Get Coat gif: